Some Formalities

An Omega Worth Fighting For

a/n: so it’s just road to happy endings.

 

 

---

 

 

The palace was festive as they exited the great room, and amidst it all was Jaehyun holding his mate tightly. Doyoung led him to his room and Jaehyun promptly declined because although they had done the deed, they were still not legally mated, in Muhanui standards. Doyoung sighed but just pulled Jaehyun inside and led him towards the table where a familiar manuscript laid. Jaehyun blushed but Doyoung smiled at him and kissed his cheek.

 

 

“You are a sap.” Doyoung said and Jaehyun was not used to Doyoung’s casual remarks.

 

 

“You read it?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung nodded then sighed.

 

 

 

“I really am sorry Jaehyun.” Doyoung frowned but Jaehyun kissed them away. “I am not really fit to be your mate, I am not perfect.” Doyong said but Jaehyun shook his head.

 

 

 

“No one really understood my ideals but you Doyoung.” Jaehyun told him. “From the very first day I saw you read Oppressed lives, I knew you were different, I knew you were my other half.” Jaehyun said and Doyoung blushed. “I don’t want you to apologize for being lack luster or undeserving, because your existence made me complete.” Jaehyun smiled and Doyoung noticed the cute dimples the prince had, such a perfect and handsome prince Jaehyun truly is.

 

 

“I love you.” Doyoung replied and Jaehyun’s smile widened and he leaned in to kiss his omega.

 

 

 

“I love you too.” Jaehyun said back.

 

 

----

 

 

Doyoung was pouting when Jaehyun walked them into the palace entrance, their hands intertwined and hearts beating rapidly. Next to them is a whining SIcheng wrapped around Kun who was trying to pacify the omega into returning to Muhanui for him to properly ask for his hand and send them his dowry.

 

“You will meet each other soon.” Yuta rolled his eyes and both omegas glared at him. “Don’t hate me, just follow the protocols so we can have you both wed soon.” Yuta retaliated making Taeyong chuckle next to him.

 

 

“Sicheng, you need to inform our parents of your mate, and you need Boah-nim to sew your wedding robes.” Taeyong informed his brother. “Jaehyun will need to formally submit his intention to the crown and present his mate. These are all preparations you both need to do.” Taeyong added and the omegas sighed.

 

 

“It’s just a few weeks okay?” Kun said and Sicheng pouted then kissed his alpha’s cheek.

 

 

“Don’t skimp on dowry.” Sicheng warned his mate who laughed and nodded.

 

 

“Of course.” Kun replied and with a final kiss on the omega’s forehead, Sicheng let go of Kun and boarded his carriage, Taeil sighing in relief as he waved at Jungwoo and Yukhei before boarding the carriage.

 

 

“Go ahead.” Doyoung said then handed the manuscript back to Jaehyun who raised a brow. “Have it published, I would love to have it in the library.” Doyoung smiled and Jaehyun nodded and kissed his omega’s knuckles before he boarded his own horse.

 

 

“We will see each other soon.” He waved and then they were off to travel back to Muhanui.

 

 

The wind was blowing softly as they travelled down the slopes when Jaehyun stopped the horses. Just around the familiar bend, he saw two artic wolves approached them, eyes glowing and canines barred. The soldiers withdrew their swords but Jaehyun stopped them before he alighted his horse. He took tentative steps in front and met with the wolves, kneeling when he deemed he was close enough. The artic wolves howled loudly and Jaehyun bowed his head, waiting for the next move. They all heard a squawk and eyes trailed up to the sky as the majestic eagle flew above them, wings spread elegantly. Jaehyun extended his left arm and the eagle swooped down and landed on Jaehyun’s bare wrist. The talons dug deep into the prince’s flesh and it made Jaehyun hiss at the pain.

 

 

I am very glad  that you persevered my dear prince.

 

 

He heard the familiar voice and Jaehyun smiled and nodded towards the eagle. The eagle squawked a few more times before it plucked a large feather and offered it to Jaehyun. The alpha took it with his right hand and the eagle flew back, circling them once before disappearing into the horizon. The artic wolves bowed to Jaehyun one last time before they too ran into the snowy mountains of Kusari

 

 

Jaehyun closed his eyes and held the feather to his chest and muttered a soft thank you to the guiding spirit before he tucked the feather safely into his robes and completed their journey back to Muhanui.

 

 

----

 

 

Doyoung saw the eagle flew towards his balcony and he was waiting for him. Doyoung extended his left wrist and the eagle landed on him, talons digging deep into his wrist.

 

 

You have been stubborn Doyoung.

 

 

The eagle spirit spoke and Doyoung sighed.

 

 

“I know Gurai. I apologize for being insolent.” Doyoung replied.

 

 

I will not allow you to mate an alpha who is not your equal. Jaehyun is the prince you are fated to love.

 

 

The eagle continued and Doyoung nodded, feeling the talons dug deeper; he deserved the punishment.

 

 

But I am glad that you came to your senses. My parting gift to you Doyoung; may you be fertile for Jaehyun and for Muhanui.

 

The eagle plucked a large feather, a pair of which he gave Jaehyun. Doyoung took the feather and smiled, kissing the eagle’s head before he allowed the eagle to fly. The eagle then took flight, and with a final squawk, he plunged into the clouds and a few seconds later, snow fell from them.

 

 

“Thank you Gurai, for leading Jaehyun to me.” He said as he watched the white crystals fall gracefully.

 

 

-----

 

 

Jaehyun and Sicheng were welcomed back by their parents and as they shared dinner, Sicheng announced his mating, and showed them the fangs Kun had given him. Jaejoong and Yunho turned to Jaehyun who blushed and extended his left wrist where the mark of the eagle’s talons had scared. Both parents smiled at them happily, their children are finally going to settle down with people they love, and they could not ask for more.

 

 

Jaehyun had spent the night reviewing his proposition and when morning came, he proudly handed the scroll to his father and the King did not even read it to know what his son had handed over. He merely grinned at him and urged him to tell the story, alpha to alpha.  Jaehyun sighed but humored his father, not going into deep details of what he had shared with Doyoung but Yunho understood, it was a private moment for them as mates.

 

 

“Shall we prepare the dowry then? And we must have your crown fitted.” Yunho said and Jaehyun smiled as he followed his father to search for the precious gift he would offer for his mate.

 

 

Sicheng was restless as soon as they returned and he was on his toes as he took upon it himself to plan his brother’s wedding ceremony. Before they left Kusari, Kun had asked him a request and Sicheng would oblige no matter how absurd it is. But Kun merely asked for Sicheng to wait for their own wedding, to allow Jaehyun and Doyoung to have their moment. Sicheng wanted to protest but Kun had explained that they were not the ones who are in line for the throne, they were not crowned princes. Sicheng then understood, Kun was truly selfless and he too can be one.

 

 

“Jaehyun, do you want to schedule your dress fitting when Doyoung hyung arrives?” Sicheng asked and Jaehyun was surprised with how his twin had asked.

 

 

“Shouldn’t you be preparing for your own?” Jaehyun asked and Sicheng shook his head.

 

 

“I will have your moment first, I am not in a rush. Kun ge will not leave me if we wait a bit more.” Sicheng replied and Jaehyun smiled and hugged his twin.

 

 

“You surely are maturing well. God I will miss you.” Jaehyun remarked and Sicheng smiled sadly.

 

 

“We can visit you know, we’re not in direct line to the throne so we could settle were we want to settle.” Sicheng informed him. “But knowing Kun ge, he’ll want to stay in Kusari.” Sicheng informed him.

 

 

“Still, I will miss you.” Jaehyun said and Sicheng hugged his brother.

 

 

“Say, want to skip the boring meeting to check out the flowers we could use for your wedding?” Sicheng suggested and Jaehyun raised a brow at his brother. “Come on, when you marry Doyoung, you will be both stuck up monarchs who would take politics seriously, live a little while you still can.” Sichengs suggested and it made Jaehyun laugh.

 

 

“I heard that young prince.” Changmin said as he entered the office. “But I will side with you on this one. Go out and have fun preparing your wedding.” Changmin said and they both ran to hug their uncle before they disappeared into the streets to meet with the florist, leaving their uncle chuckling with the childishness the two had showed.

 

 

----

 

 

“Come on Doyoung, let me take a break!” Yuta whined as Doyoung glared at him as they finish reviewing the draft for the new constitution.

 

 

“I would be leaving in a few weeks time so allow me to torture you.” Doyoung replied and Yuta groaned.

 

 

“You will miss him.” Kun remarked as he entered with a plate of biscuits and some tea.

 

 

“I know.” Yuta grinned as he took one biscuit and tea. “But Taeyong won’t let me slack of either so don’t worry about it Doyoung okay?” Yuta asked and Doyoung nodded then smiled.

 

 

“Oh what about your wedding?” Doyoung turned to Kun who just smiled at him.

 

 

“We decided to have you have your moment first, we’ll have ours after two months.” Kun assured his cousin.

 

 

“But I want to help out.” Doyoung pouted, the five of them had sworn to help each other out for their weddings.

 

 

“You are. You will be assisting Sicheng. You know how Han weddings are.” Kun grinned and Doyoung smiled wide at him.

 

 

“Oh you asked the wrong omega.” Doyoung laughed loudly and Yuta groaned at that.

 

 

“Why him Kun?” Yuta asked but his brother just laughed at his brother’s agony.

 

 

----

 

Three weeks, Jaehyun counted three agonizing weeks being apart from his love, but now he was welcoming him with a wide smile. Taeyong scoffed as he was ignored but a kiss from Yuta made the omega smile again, everyone was whipped. Sicheng had gracefully greeted his mate and even Jungwoo and Yukhei who he noticed are sporting mate marks already. Taeil pulled Jungwoo with him, leaving Hansol and Yukhei to carry the luggages, but the alphas just sighed and allowed their mates to gossip, a happy mate equates a happy life and whatever happens behind closed doors.

 

 

King Yunho and King consort Jaejoong welcomed them and Kun immediately bowed and greeted them. They were expecting the second prince and so they allowed him to present his dowry for Sicheng’s hand. Guards had unloaded chest upon chest of Kusarian treasures, of swords that would make Taecyon happy to furs and pelts that would delight Boah. But the most precious of all is the container of Green Tea that had been selected for this special occasion. Kun handed it to Sicheng personally and the omega thanked his mate for the offering. Yunho did not object to the dowry, truly it was well thought of in a sense that it is representative of Kusari yet useful to Muhanui.

 

 

“If I may present Muhanui’s Dowry for Omega Doyoung?” Jaehyun asked and as the chests were cleared, new chests were brought in, Yuta allowed Doyoung to step forward and Jaehyun instructed that they were opened.

 

 

The chest contained silks and blades, jewels and spices, all of Muhanui’s limitless treasures. But Jaehyun approached the omega and handed him a leather bound, and grinned at him. “And I offer this.” Jaehyun said and Doyoung opened the leather bound to reveal a manuscript, a romance this time and Doyoung blushed as the he read the title, On Eagle’s Wings. It was their story, he knew that much and Doyoung smiled at his alpha.

 

 

“We accept the dowry for omega Doyoung.” Yuta announced out of protocol and as they all shook hands and chests once again cleared for safe keeping, they finally calmed down to casually interact with each other.

 

Sicheng informed them of dress fitting schedule with Boah and they all nodded as they settled into their rooms for the night. Kun had led his omega to his room and after a kiss on the forehead, he left Sicheng who was blushing hard.

 

 

Boah had greeted them happily and as she checked Doyoung out, Jaehyun pouted, he wanted his mate to himself for the week that they are visiting.

 

 

“Hush you fool.” Boah waved the prince away. “You will get to spend a lifetime with your mate, I get to have a month so make his wedding robes.” Boah said and Doyoung chuckled.

 

 

After Boah had taken Doyoung’s measurements, Doyoung handed her a box of wedding garments, and Boah gasped, it was the Kusarian Han Wedding robes.

 

 

“Would it be trouble to ask you to make Sicheng’s wedding robes?” Doyoung asked but Boah shook her head.

 

 

“It would be a pleasure my dear prince.” Boah replied with a smile.

 

 

“I am not a prince.” Doyoung corrected her.

 

 

“yet, not yet but you will be one.” Jaehyun uttered as he pulled the omega towards him and Boah cooed for the young love.

 

 

“Out you two and call in Sicheng.” Boah waved them off and the two giggled as they left the room and asked Sicheng to come in.  “I will be doing your wedding robes too Sicheng.” Boah informed him and Sicheng gasped as he looked at the sample robes Doyoung had handed Boah.

 

 

“it’s beautiful.” Sicheng uttered and Boah nodded.

 

 

“We will make you the blushing bride to Prince Kun, your majesty.” Boah assured him and Sicheng just nodded happily.

 

 

Later in the afternoon, they visited Nickhun and Chittaphon hugged his father, later blushing as he inquired if he would be expecting grandchildren soon. “We were planning on it, Papa.” Youngho answered and that pleased Nickhun.

 

 

“What would be the occasion then to have so much princes gather at my shop?” Nickhun asked and Jaehyun stepped forward and tugged Doyoung next to him.

 

 

“My wedding.” Jaehyun said with a bright smile and Nickhun mirrored that.

 

 

“Ah, finally my dear prince, I get to make your and your mate’s crowns. Songqian would be thrilled to hear this.” Nickhun said as he took the tape measure to get the proper measurements for the crown. “Is there anything that you want me to consider in the design?” He asked and Jaheyun nodded.

 

 

“A feather.” Jaehyun informed him and Nickhun narrowed his eyes but he pointed to the three feathers hanging on Doyoung’s silver belt and Nickhun nodded.

 

 

“It will be considered your majesty.” Nickhun replied with a smile.

 

 

Before they returned to the palace, they stopped at Taecyon’s place and the blacksmith was grinning as he greeted them, then raising one of the swords Kun had gifted as his dowry.

 

“Thank you for the play things.” Taecyon laughed and Kun just bowed at him.

 

 

Once they returned to the palace, Seokmin and Seungkwan attended to their charges and both Jaehyun and Doyoung were surprised at how well they were getting along.

 

 

“We figured that we will be spending the rest of our lives together taking care of you, so why bother fighting.” Seokmin replied.

 

 

‘And he has a crush on Joshua.” Seungkwan tattled and received a jab from Seokmin.

 

 

“Like you don’t flirt with Vernon.” Seokmin spat back making both Doyoung and Jaehyun laugh.

 

 

“They could challenge each other for your hand in marriage.” Jaehyun waved at them and it made Doyoung laugh out loud, unprincely and uncommon for the omega.

 

 

“That would be hilarious.” Doyoung said and the two omega sighed and tailed after their charges.

 

 

Sicheng was busy tasting food when Kun entered and joined his omega. The head chef bowed to Kun and offered him a utensils but Sicheng glared at him. The chef retreated and watched as Sicheng fed his alpha, the latter happily ate whatever his omega fed him.

 

 

“This is really good.’ Kun remarked and the chef thanked him. “Will this appear in the wedding dinner?” Kun asked and SIcheng nodded. “You’re really doing well with planning the wedding, I am proud of you.” Kun remarked and Sicheng blushed.

 

 

“If I may interrupt your majesties, Prince Sicheng has been really helpful and in lieu of your mating, I would like to congratulate and thank you Prince Kun. Our youngest prince never really taken a liking to such activities, but after he had found you, he had blossomed into a fine omega.” The head chef said and Sicheng became flustered.

 

 

“Thank you for thinking highly of me, but I am sure it was Sicheng himself who had wanted to better himself as a person, not for his mate. I may have been a small cause though.” Kun replied and the head chef smiled at him.

 

 

“I am told that the prince makes the best hot cocoa, may I have a taste of it your majesty?” The chef asked and Kun nodded.

 

 

“Of course, I am sure Sicheng is craving one as well.” Kun said and walked towards the kitchen pantry to take out ingredients.

 

 

“You are very lucky indeed your majesty.” The chef winked at Sicheng who laughed at him.

 

 

----

 

The week passed on too soon and Jaehyun was pouting once more as he held Doyoung’s hands. Doyoung kissed him chastely and then bid him goodbye. Sicheng was surprisingly calm as he bid goodbye to Kun and the alpha kissed his forehead before he left. Yuta had patted Jaehyun’s back and pinched Sicheng’s cheek while Taeyong hugged his brothers.

 

 

They boarded their carriages with a promise that on the next full moon, one of them will stay in Muhanui as the crowned prince consort.

 

 

 

----

 

a/n: So this is a filler chapter before we go to the DoJae wedding. And Kunwin will be the last to mate, so don’t worry too much, our Chinese royalties will have their time. If you’ve seen my posts in twt a few months back when i wrote the Yutae wedding, I researched on the traditional weddings, so expect a detailed wedding for both Dojae and Kunwin in the upcoming chapters.