I’d like to talk to you

An Omega Worth Fighting For

a/n: This is the other side of the story, what happened in the palace during the 3-day snowstorm (aside from Chittaphon’s heat)

 

----

 

 

Doyoung sighed as he sat on his usual desk inside the library because try as he might, he can’t do anything about the snowstorm and there is no Yuta to nag. He took his favorite book, a novel about omegas ruling tribes and clans, unmated yet still powerful. He knew it was fiction, none would truly embody such drastic change in hierarchy and alphas are too prideful to actually allow omegas full reign on any tribe.

 

“Can I join you?” Doyoung’s head shoot up to see Prince Jaehyun smiling at him.

 

“I’d rather read in solitude.” Doyoung replied.

 

“Are you mad at me Doyoung? Had I done something that angered you?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung sighed, can’t he be left alone?

 

“I am in no mood to entertain you, your majesty.” Doyoung simply replied and returned to his readings.

 

“Ah, Oppressed Lives?” Jaehyun asked again and Doyoung closed his book and glared at the alpha. “It is a very good book, I do feel the sentiments of the author.” Jaehyun commented.

 

“While you do feel the sentiment, if you don’t agree to what it is advocating, then what’s the use?” Doyoung retorted.

 

“You didn’t let me finish. I do agree. It’s not the status that defines a leader, it’s their skill set, compassion and critical thinking. While alphas have generally above average skill sets, not all have a compassionate heart and a calling to lead.” Jaehyun said and it made Doyoung sit straighter.

 

“Can you expound on that?” Doyoung asked and Jaehyun nodded.

 

“Alphas were classified as superiors due to their aove average skills and strength, most are fighters, others great leaders but not all are created equal. Discrimination existed due to superiorirty complex, thinking that alphas are above everyone else and than brawns are what drives power and supremacy.” Jaehyun said, eyeing Doyoung who nodded. “In reality, the hierarchy was flawed, not all alphas are worthy of that power, not all betas are destined to be below alphas and omegas are not toys or slaves.” Jaehyun said.

 

“With that thinking, what is your position?” Doyoung asked.

 

“Truth be told, I want Taeyong hyung to take the crown, he is worthy of it, it’s just that laws forbid omegas to reign when in fact a lot of brilliant leaders are omegas.” Jaehyun shrugged and Doyoung nodded.

 

“Pity our world is consumed with such force-fed information.” Doyoung sighed. “The hierarchy is such an outdated system.” Doyoung said.

 

“I know and I am planning to make a change.” Jaehyun said and Doyoung perked up. “If I take the throne, I will amend our constitution.” Jaehyun said with a smile. “Have you read the sequel?” Jaehyun asked and Doyougn shook his head.

 

‘It’s a banned literature, copies are extra rare and extremely hard to find.” Doyoung confessed.

 

 

“Well, you are in luck because we have a copy in our library. Come vist us and bring Wonwoo along, you may find some interesting literature to read.” Jaehyun offered and Doyoung end up laughing.

 

“I may take you up in that offer.” Doyoung said and they both end up laughing and sharing a few more stories of their own and political views that could bore Yuta but not Jaehyun.

 

 

 ----

 

Sicheng was pouting and it made Taeil’s head ache. The retainer had forbid the prince to wander on his own because the storm is really strong and it was really cold, something that they are not used to. “I don’t want you to get sick, why is that hard to understand?” Taeil rubbed his temples but Sicheng was adamant that he meet with Kun because he really likes the older alpha.

 

“Taeil, let him be.” Hansol spoke and Taeil hissed at his mate.

 

“This is why Sicheng is spoiled!” Taeil barked at his retainer.

 

There was a knock on the door and when Taeil opened it, Kun and his retainer and guard entered with trays of food. The two set them on the table as Kun walked towards the bed and offered a hand to Sicheng. Sicheng was all smiles as he accepted the offered hand and they walked towards the table.

 

“Please join us.” Kun invited Taeil and Hansol and the alpha pulled his mate to sit next to Sicheng. “I haven’t introduced my retainer, Jungwoo and my guard Yukhei. They are not mated but with the way they are flirting it won’t take any longer.” Kun said and the two flushed while Sicheng laughed.

 

“you are funny Kun ge.” Sicheng remarked.

 

“it is true though.” Yukhei commented earning a slap from Jungwoo. “Hey that hurts.” Yukhei remarked.

 

“Are you sure you want to mate with him?” Hansol asked catching the two off-guard. “I kinda see Taeil in him.” Hansol remarked and that earning him a punch on his arm courtesy of the aforementioned omega. “See.” Hansol said and Kun laughed.

 

“Oh my good lord how did you survive?” Kun asked and Hansol grinned at him.

 

‘I love him, that simple.” Hansol replied and Taeil blushed while the rest cooed at them.

 

“They are so romantic, Yukhei be more romantic!” Jungwoo pouted and Yukhei winked at him then nodded.

 

“We didn’t need to see that.” Kun glared at them. “Anyway, the dining room is quite cold so I just brought the food here. I hope you don’t mind.” Kun explained and Sicheng shook his head.

 

“You cooked this ge?” Sicheng asked and Kun nodded. “You are so awesome.” Sicheng praised the alpha with sparkling eyes. “Can I be your mate so I can be pampered like this? Please?” Sicheng asked and Kun laughed nervously.

 

“Sicheng, that’s very unbecoming of a prince.” Taeil warned and Kun assured him that it’s okay.

 

“You are pretty bold my prince, but I am not in a haste to mate and I would prefer that my older brother be mated first.” Kun answered and Sicheng nodded.

 

“That’s not a full rejection, I still have a chance.” Sicheng said and then turned to Jungwoo. “Put me on the top of the list for potential mates.” Sicheng instructed and Jungwoo nodded.

 

“I’ll block off any potential mates for you, your highness.” Jungwoo replied and Sicheng high fived the retainer.

 

“Yah, why are you being biased?” Kun pouted.

 

“I like him for you.” Jungwoo simply replied, serving Sicheng a piece of the porkchop and some gravy.

 

---

 

Chittaphon was curled up next to Youngho who was rubbing circles on his mate’s back. The omeg was drained off as his heat progressed rather harshly. But since he was claimed in the nick of time, the effects did not really escalated beyond tolerable. Youngho placed a kiss on Chittaphon’s forehead and the omega sighed, burrowing himself further into Youngho’s body and enjoying the heat that radiated from his alpha.

 

“Youngho.” Chittaphon murmured and Youngho hummed in response. ‘What will happen to us?” Chittaphon asked and Youngho sighed.

 

“I am not entirely sure.” Youngho answered truthfully. “I am sure Taeyong will understand but if his future mate determines that we are not fit to serve him, we may be in trouble.” Youngho sighed and Chittaphon started sobbing.

 

“It’s my fault.” Chittaphon said but Youngho pulled the omega to his lap and cupped his cheeks.

 

“It’s not your fault, it never is. We are destined to mate and delaying it had almost caused you your life. Taeyong will not forgive himself if something happened to you because of his status.” Youngho said and pulled the omega into a kiss, something that is intimate and reassuring.

 

 

“I love you Youngho.” Chittaphon choked out and Youngho smiled kissing the mark he had left when he claimed the omega.

 

“I love you too.” Youngho replied.

 

 

It took a total of five days before Chittaphon broke off from his heat and the first thing he did after composing himself is to kneel in front of Taeyong asking for his forgiveness. Taeyong took Chittaphon’s hand and made him sit on the bed. “I am not mad, I am actually relieved that you got mated to Yungho already. You deserve happiness Chittaphon.” Taeyong said , holding the younger omega’s hand tightly.

 

“But I failed my duty to you, I left you and..” Cittaphon was stopped by Taeyong.

 

“I am okay, nothing happened and Prince Yuta had made sure that I am taken care of.” Taeyong assured his retainer.

 

“Did he hurt you, did he do something to you?” Chittaphon asked and Taeyong shook his head.

 

“He did something different Chittaphon, he got to know me and something that not had dared to do.” Taeyong informed his retainer and the younger’s eyes went wide and he gasped.

 

“He did? No alpha had done that before.” Chittaphon remarked.

 

“I know, it feels nice though, to talk freely with Yuta and just enjoy someone’s presence.” Taeyong said.

 

‘Are you liking Prince Yuta a little more than you should?” Chittaphon asked with weary eyes.

 

“I don’t know.” Taeyong confessed.

 

“If he does things no other alpha did and he is making you feel a little more than you should, maybe you need to reassess your thoughts.” Chittaphon advised and Taeyong nodded.

 

“Thank you, I can always count on you.” Taeyong smiled and hugged his retainer.

 

 

Youngho knocked on the door before he entered to fetch the prince. “Yuta is asking for you, he said that you’ll be training with him?” Youngho asked and Taeyong nodded.

 

“Yeah, come and join us, Seungcheol missed you.” Taeyong said and pulled Chittaphon up to follow them.

 

They walked towards the training room, Yuta insisted that they train indoors as the few days after the storm still had lingering harshness and coldness that they may not be able to withstand. Yuta was already warming up when they entered and when he noticed Youngho and Chittaphon, he smiled at them.

 

“Are you both already okay? We could always arrange something.” Yuta said but Youngho nodded.

 

“it’s fine, Chittaphon’s okay.” Youngho answered and Yuta nodded.

 

“Spar with me then, Taeyong go and warm up will you?” Yuta said and Taeyong nodded, shrugging his coat to stretch and warm up.

 

Youngho and Yuta held their swords up and with Seungcheol’s cue, they started attacking and blocking each other. The clash of metal felt good in both alpha’s ears and they were grinning as they fought each other with vigor; this is something Youngho needed, an assurance that he is still looked as a person, not a tainted one.

 

Jeonghan approached Taeyong and assisted him in his stretching while offering Chittaphon a warm smile. “I will teach you how to properly stretch Taeyong for his sparring.” Jeonghan said and Chitttaphon listened attentively. “you don’t have to look tense, everyone knew what you went through and no ine is judging you both for doing it.” Jeonghan said and Chittaphon felt like crying.

 

“If you cry I will make sure to hurt your alpha here.” Yuta shouted from the center of the room and Chittaphon glared at the prince. “Just kidding, relax.” Yuta laughed as he dodged an attack from Youngho. “Wow, that was a close one.” Yuta told Youngho.

 

“You better prepare yourself Yuta, I got an omega to fight for.” Youngho warned the prince.

 

“Well maybe you’re not the only one.” Yuta said then charged at the alpha with full force.

 

After a few more minutes, Seungcheol stopped them to have a break and Chittaphon was instantly next to Youngho. The two shared sweet smiles and the four cooed at them making them blush in embarrassment.

 

“No need to get shy, you two look lovely.” Yuta remarked and he noticed Taeyong handing him a towel and some water. “Thank you.” Yuta said. “You up for the sparring?” Yuta asked and Taeyong smiled and nodded happily. “Not gonna hold back okay?” Yuta reminded the omega who grinned at him.

 

“Bring it.” Taeyong said and Yuta laughed as he handed the towel and water back to Jeonghan.

 

Seungcheol commenced the duel and soon enough Taeyong launched an attack on Yuta who expertly blocked it. Yuta then countered the attack but Taeyong stood his ground and blocked off the alpha. The two off them looked like they were dancing rather than fighting which amazed Youngho and Chittaphon.

 

“How much did we miss?” Youngho asked and Seungcheol chuckled next to him.

 

“Not a lot but I guess Yuta had been training Taeyong a little more than he should, they are totally in sync.” Seungcheol remarked.

 

“They truly are, and it makes me wonder if..” Youngho said then looked at Seungcheol who was grinning at him.

 

“Only they could tell, we are bystanders at most.” Seungcheol replied and Youngho nodded.

 

 

-----

 

 

a/n: I hope this short update is enough for everyone, I wanted to have something before we transition to heavier chapters ^^

 

and oh, are you okay with rated scenes because I am planning to write detailed mating ^^