Where it all began

An Omega Worth Fighting For

The Kusari Tribe of the northern Mountains is known for their primal instincts and fearless heroes. Such was the case when they resisted several other tribes during conquests as the tribe was led by fearsome leader and his mate, two warriors that took down lives without mercy.

 

But the Tribe’s leader was getting old and his strength was not as it used to be so without hesitation, he called out to his eldest son, Yuta, to be the next leader to their tribe. Yuta bowed his head and received the blessings of his aging father.

 

“I only wish for you to find your mate as I found mine.” His Father smiled as he grabbed his mate’s hand and together, they blessed their first born with guidance, abundance, compassion, wisdom and strength.

 

 

The news of alpha prince Yuta being crowned as the next tribe leader spread quickly and every tribe that had wanted to gain the favorable alliance of the Kusari tribe had prepared their gifts in goods and in potential mates; alpha females whose elegance and statuses were at the highest tier or male omegas whose faces can rival any beauty queen. Yet none were accepted by the prince who for one, would not like to be bound to someone for political gains and second, disliked a trophy mate that needed his attention and protection.

 

“Prince Yuta, we present to you Alpha Princess Amelia and Omega Prince Joseph of Cantanable tribe.” An elder introduced the two, pretty faces adored with makeup and limbs covered in jewels.

 

“Give them swords.” Yuta announced and soon his twin brothers Junhui and Kun, both alphas, handed the guests the requested swords. The prince and princess looked at the offered item with raised brows making Yuta impatient. “If you can’t prove your skills to me then there is no use of you presenting yourselves as possible mate.” Yuta said with a cold face and the two took the offered swords with shaky hands.

 

Yuta took another offered sword from his cousin Doyoung, the only omega among their brood, and faced the guests who were shivering in fear.

 

“Come at me, two on one is okay.” Yuta announced but as soon as he spoke, both lowered their swords and cowered behind their retainer. “I will not take a mate who is afraid of me or of fights.” Yuta dismissed them and the delegates quickly left the palace hall.

 

“You are too harsh cousin.” Soonyoung, Doyoung’s twin brother, another alpha, said, picking up the discarded swords.

 

“I will not take a mate that will just be liability rather than an asset.” Yuta said sighing as he handed his sword to Doyoung who smirked at him

 

“You should take Jihoon and Wonwoo then, the twins are practically fighting each other each and every single day.” Doyoung suggested making both Soonyoung and Junhui hiss at him. ‘Oh I am sorry, I guess they are off the list.” Doyoung laughed watching how Soonyoung and Junhui blushed at the mere mention of their romantic interests.

 

“Doyoung, why are you even torturing your own brother and cousin?” Kun asked, always the gentle one unless provoked.

 

“I enjoy it.” Doyoung shrugged his shoulders.

 

‘Wait till you find your mate, you’ll be mush!” Soonyoung pointed at his brother who just laughed more.

 

---

 

The Muhanui Tribe is known for its beautiful plains and equally beautiful people. The tribe had been blessed with a beautiful omega consort King Jaejoong who had given birth to two omega and alpha sons whose beauty has been the envy of everyone. Omega Prince Taeyong was sought for his intelligence and beauty that as soon as he presented, suitors from all over the continent had tried to court him in hopes of being their mates. Yet the superficial intentions of those who sought his favor disgusted him, in favor of mating with an alpha whose heart is pure as the first snow and bite as a raging hail storm.

 

“Lord Hanbin of the Red tower tribe wishes to court Omega Prince Taeyong.” An attendant announced and Taeyong puffed his cheeks as he looked at the alpha lord with bored eyes.

 

“Not interested.” Taeyong said then turned to leave but the alpha insisted so he grabbed the omega’s wrist. Taeyong glared at him and soon, he had grabbed the alpha’s shoulder and kneed his guts. “I said I was not interested.” Taeyong repeated then left the groaning alpha on the floor.

 

“You are way too brutal hyung.” Jaehyun, Taeyong’s younger alpha brother said making Taeyong laugh.

 

“Those kinds of people are not worth my time.” Taeyong said then walked back to his room where his retainer Chittaphon and his Guard Youngho were waiting. “you were supposed to protect me not flirt with my retainer!” Taeyong scolded Youngho who was grinning at him. “So, when are you both going to be official?” Taeyong asked and both just grinned at him.

 

“Not until you find your own mate.” Jaehyun answered for them.

 

“You will be stuck at that phase then.” Taeyong shrugged as he entered his room.

 

Another week passed and another set of suitors came only for the Geomul tribe to stake claim at Taeyong with their youngest alpha Prince Sehun taking interest with the pretty creature he can collect.  Jaejoong and Yunho were adamant as they sent the delegates away but a sinister smile from Yixing, the spokesperson, made the king and his consort take in extra measures.

 

“Take him to Kusari, Arashi is indebted to our kingdom and they had promised their sister Kusari tribe can help us if we needed it.” Jaejoong told Youngho who nodded then turned to Taeil and Hansol “Take Jaehyun and Sicheng, we don’t want to risk any lives.” Jaejoong ordered and the entourage departed as soonthey got hold of supplies for their trip.

 

 

---

 

“We have received news of the Muhanui tribe seeking for assistance. Arashi had given us strict orders to help them in case of dire need.” The current tribe leader spoke to Yuta. “They are sending the heirs of the throne for us to protect and I hope you will do what you can to protect them at all cost son.” He said and Yuta nodded, what else can he say or do?

 

“And you may find one of the omega princes as your mate.” His mother added and Yuta sighed but nodded.

 

 

Yuta instructed his staff to prepare to receive the delegates from Muhanui tribe and with the intention of heightening the protection on their territory. Yuta was not completely in agreement to protect the princes but Arashi trusted Muhanui Tribe and they cannot obey the orders of their mother tribe.

 

Soonyoung and Junhui were pleased with the news, of course the two social butterflies will find any occasion to interact with outsiders a blessing. They made arrangements and busied themselves in the finer details making both Jihoon and Wonwoo irritated because the twin omegas were both neglected; and they miss their alpha friends even if they don’t say it out loud. Kun was busy in the kitchen because he is the calm and normal one while Doyoung followed Yuta to do whatever political business they were required to do.

 

Youngho bowed in front of the Tribe leader and his mate, old face smiling warmly at the alpha guard. “I came from Muhanui tribe, sent by alpha Leader Yunho. “ Youngho said.

 

‘Rise my son, we have received their message. We welcome you to our tribe. Yuta.” The tribe leader called his son who stood in front of Youngho.

 

“Yuta.” Yuta extended a hand and Youngho shook them.

 

“Pleasure meeting you my lord.” Youngho greeted back in formality. “I would like to present the princes of Muhanui tribe.” Youngho then stepped aside as three figures removed their cloaks and bowed to the royal family. “Omega Prince Taeyong, Alpha Prince Jaehyun and Omega Prince Sicheng.” Youngho announced.

 

“Pleasure to meet you, your majesties.” Yuta bowed as well. “The climate here is quite different from Muhanui, we have prepared warmer clothes if you would prefer.” Yuta said and servants hurriedly handed them the softest fur coats they had laid their hands on. “You must be tired, Junhui, Soonyoung can you guide our guests?” Yuta asked and the two gladly led the group towards their rooms.

 

“Yuta.” His father called out and Yuta faced him. “Do you think you may like Prince Taeyong? He is a fine omega.” His father sai and Yuta sighed.

 

“I am not looking for a trophy mate father.” Yuta replied.

 

“You must look beyond the covers my dear child.” His mother reminded him and Yuta nodded.

 

“I will mother.” Yuta said then bowed before leaving.

 

----

It was after dinner when Sicheng found his way towards the kitchen looking for desserts. Unlike his perfect omega brother, Sicheng was flawed in his speech making it almost impossible to understand unless you are Taeil or Hansol.

 

“Are you looking for something?” Kun greeted the prince and Sicheng nodded.

 

“Sweets?” Sicheng asked and Kun blinked at him then nodded. “Come with me then.” Kun smiled and SIcheng mirrored it.

 

Taeil was so frustrated when his charge went off without his knowledge. The omega prince was gullible and Taeil had sworn in his own life to protect him from any danger especially alphas who take advantage of his charge. “Relax.” Hansol said as he accompanied his mate to look for Sicheng but the omega fumed at his mate for being irresponsible.

 

“Sicheng!!!” Taeil shouted and when he saw the prince eating happily on the kitchen counter facing an unknown alpha, Taeil charged at him.

 

“Hyung!” Sicheng whined as Hansol grabbed his mate to restrain him. ‘Stop it!” Sicheng pouted.

 

“We don’t know him, you could be poisoned or drugged and he can molest you!” Taeil argued.

 

‘I will not molest him and I am Kun, nice to meet you!” Kun said and extended a hand.

 

“Prince Kun of Kusari Tribe.” Sicheng corrected and Taeil’s eyes widened and quickly apologized for his arrogance.

 

“Oh it’s okay. Would you like some desserts? We make the best shaved ice or would you prefer hot cocoa?” Kun offered and both sat next to Sicheng and ordered hot cocoa. Kun nodded and left them to prepare the drinks.

 

“He’s cute!” Sicheng told his retainer and Taeil had warning signs all over his face.

 

“You don’t think..”Taeil trailed off while Sicheng just beamed him a smile. “No!!!” Taeil sobbed just as Kun returned to hand their drinks.

 

“Am I missing something?” Kun asked and Hansol shook his head.

 

“my mate’s just going through some hormonal imbalance.” Hansol replied and Taeil took the nearest thing he could grab, Sicheng’s spoon, and threw it at his alpha.

 

“They do that all the time.” Sicheng assured Kun who just nodded and smiled at them.

 

“You have a beautiful smile your majesty.” Hansol remarked.

 

“Thank you, wait till you see Yuta-ge’s smile.” Kun replied and then took his spoon and continued eating his shaved ice with strawberries and milk.

 

 

--- 

Doyoung had been in love with knowledge that he often found himself cooped up in the library or the study to help Yuta with the documents for his tribe. He had been appointed as Yuta advisor during coronation and the only one who could rival his love for knowledge is Wonwoo whose expertise lies in the scientific research. The two omegas were respected in the tribe because they have brains as wise as that of elders and are dedicated and passionate in understanding concepts and breakthroughs.

 

“Hey, shouldn’t you be with the Muhanui princes?” Wonwoo said as Doyoung sat across him in the library.

 

“Junhui and Soonyoung can handle them.” Doyoung huffed.

 

“Ah, I wish you could have taken care of one of them instead of Junhui.’ Wonwoo answered and Doyoung grinned at his childhood friend.

 

“Jealous are we?” Doyoung asked and Wonwoo glared at him. “Relax, I am quite sure Junhui won’t fall for any of the princess, you are his ideal type.” Doyoung said and Wonwoo blushed a bit.

 

“He’s not making a move though.” Wonwoo coughed making Doyoung laugh.

 

“Relax, Junhui’s just waiting for the right time.” Doyoung assured him.

 

“Excuse me.” A head popped from the door and both omegas looked at the alpha prince. “I’m looking for Prince Junhui.” Jaehyun said.

 

“Have you lost him?” Wonwoo asked and Jaehyun nodded. “Do you remember where he should be taking you?” Wonwoo asked and Jaehyun thought for a while.

 

“He said something about showing us the weapon room?” Jaehyun answered and Wonwoo nodded.

 

“We’ll take you there.” Wonwoo stood and looked at Doyoung who sighed and walked after Wonwoo. “I’m Wonwoo by the way, I am a childhood friend of the princes, Junhui to be exact.” Wonwoo smiled and Jaehyun extended a hand.

 

‘I’m Jaehyun.” Jaehyun smiled and Wonwoo grinned.

 

“You have pretty dimples your majesty.” Wownoo praised him and Jaehyun laughed.

 

“Thank you!” Jaehyun replied with a blush.

 

“We’ll get going, He’s Doyoung and he’s pretty much the opposite of his twin Soonyoung.” Wonwoo pointed to the omega behind them and Jaehyun laughed at the remark.

 

“Ah, I thought Junhui and Soonyoung were twins with how they acted.” Jaehyun confessed.

 

“Oh, yeah they are really similar but sadly they are not.” Wonwoo sadly remarked making Jaehyun laughed again.

 

----

Taeyong was left alone in his room as he requested Chittaphon and Youngho to leave him to think about what had happened and what was in stake because he did not want to be some object up for grabs. He was looking out onto the balcony and found the snowcapped mountains relaxing. The fur coat that was handed to him felt warm as he stepped out onto the balcony and cold air brushed his exposed skin.

 

He took a deep breath and took in the fresh air only to be startled by the loud shouts from below and he looked down to see some soldiers sparring. He smiled as he wanted to join them as well, being an omega was restricting but his fathers had been kind enough to allow him to train self defense just as they allowed their alpha son to learn how to cook or allowed the youngest to learn nothing to be the desirable omega.

 

 

He looked at the faces of the soldiers when he locked eyes on the strongest looking alpha. He recognized that it was Prince Yuta, and he could tell that the prince was really good looking but he is not mesmerized by his innate beauty. That impressed him, the disinterest in his appearance was rarely displayed before him and that intrigued him, was the prince just pretending to be a cold one or was he really one?

 

He walked back to his room and called for Chittaphon who immediately prepared him a warm bath. While he was waiting for his bath, another omega entered and he introduced himself as Jeonghan, Yuta’s retainer.

 

“Would you like any thing to do in your stay? Any activities that you may enjoy your majesty?” Jeonghan asked and Taeyong bit his lips as he thinks of activities he could do while stayed at the Kusari tribe.

 

 

“Prince Taeyong likes to cook.” Chittaphon said as he went out of the bathroom.

 

“Oh that could be arranged, Prince Kun likes to cook.” Jeonghan assured him.

 

“Very well, we’ll see you at dinner.” Jeonghan excused himself and Taeyong went to take his warm bath as Chittaphon followed Jeonghan out of the room. “Can I help you?” Jeonghan asked and Chittaphon nodded.

 

“Are you a strict tribe?” Chittaphon asked and Jeonghan raised a brow. “Let me rephrase that, are you limiting?” Chittaphon asked and Jeonghan smiled at him.

 

“Definitely not.” Jeonghan said then led him towards the courtyard where Youngho was talking to a stern looking man. “Cheol!” Jeonghan called out and the guy talking to Youngho smiled and welcomed his mate with an arm while Chittaphon stood next to Youngho.

 

“My Mate.” Seungcheol introduced and Youngho extended a hand.

 

“You have a lovely mate.” Youngho praised Jeonghas, Like I was n who thanked him. “This is my soon to be mate Chittaphon.” Youngho introduced the smaller omega and Seungcheol greeted him.

 

“Why aren’t you mated yet?” Seungcheol asked.

 

“We would like to ensure Taeyong gets mated first. We don’t want to hinder his mating whatsoever.” Youngho explained and Jaeonghan smiled at them.

 

“Surely it will not be the case with our tribe. Like I was telling Chittaphon, our is not limiting.” Jeonghan told Youngho.

 

“Oh it would be nice if we could join your trainings.” Youngho remarked and Seungcheol nodded.

 

“Probably need to ask Yuta about it.” Seungcheol said and led them towards the grounds where Yuta was training.