Sweet love [NCT LUCASxGIDLE YUQI]

Ajoomma's bin

It was a sunny day when the opening for the first day of the university comes in— there's various of students coming in, some are being driven by their parents while some already have their own cars. 

 

The highlight of this day is the students in their first year, the energized and very excited freshman students. They are the one who's looking like they really thought of what to wear on this paricular day— their smiles on their faces are shouting 'yes, finally I'm a university student now! A college student!' It's like there's a ray of sunlight following them around.

 

Aside from the freshmen, there are the students who have lousy auras, a.k.a the seniors or the students that had enough stress about college but cannot stop because— why would they? They are already on their way to graduation.

 

" aigoo! " a very good looking senior approached Lucas, one of the students who have lousy auras.

 

" oh hyung! " Lucas smiled at Doyoung.

 

" are you graduating this year? " Doyoung asked, they are both seniors but in a different department.

 

" I don't think so, I have units that I need to take— the ones that I failed last semester and some that I didn't take in time " Lucas shrugged.

 

" aigoo, if you only took things seriously from the start then you'll be graduating the same year as me! " Doyoung shook his head. Lucas weakly smiled— such a brag, he thought to himself.

 

Lucas does have a lot of regrets, it's not because he's lazy about studying but because there's also a lot of things that hinder him from graduating in time. First, his family is not well-off, he couldn't afford to go to the school that he took some time off from it. Second, he's not as bright as he thought he could be.

 

Lucas entered a room for his first period, he sat at the cornerback of the room and observed everyone while waiting for his professor. There are indeed some familiar faces that he recognizes, some from the lower year that calls him sunbae from the last time he remembers— they already had caught up on me, he sighed.

 

As time is nearing for the start of class, the room is getting filled as well. 

 

" excuse me " Lucas looked up and saw a girl who's looking at him— the girl has a semi-curly brown hair, her face and lips are very small. She's cute, Lucas thought.

 

" yes? " he asked.

 

" is there someone seated in here? " the girl asked and pointed the chair beside Lucas. Lucas then realized that his bag is placed in there— that's why no one dares to sit beside me! He beamed.

 

" ah no, no. Please " he immediately removed his bag and offered the seat to the cute girl.

 

" thank you " the girl softly said and sat down " by the way, I'm Yuqi " she handed her hand and Lucas gladly shook it " I'm a transfer here " she added.

 

Lucas nodded his head while saying the longest 'ohhh' that he ever did " well, I'm... I'm... this school is basically my second home so if you have any problem or anything you can ask me " Lucas charmingly smiled at Yuqi.

 

" uhh... can I ask your name then? " Yuqi asked, Lucas mentally hit his head— he totally forgot to introduce himself!

 

" Oh! Sorry " he scratched the back of his head, making Yuqi have a glimpse of his bicep muscle " I'm Lucas " 

 

" it's nice meeting you " Yuqi smiled, it was like the sun smiled directly at Lucas— Yuqi's eyes are disappearing as smiles cutely, it was indeed a very beautiful smile.

 

After class the two didn't converse anymore, no goodbyes or anything, they just walk off opposite from each other. It was like, the good introduction earlier has never happened. 

 

Lucas continued on his next subject and forgotten about Yuqi, it was sure a pleasing meeting but his nerve wrecking subject is making him forget anything that happened earlier this time. 

 

" Lucas! " Lucas looked over the person who's calling him, he just finished his last subject and he's drained to death. He just wants to go home and lay down on his soft bed.

 

" oh, hyung! " he smiled at Taeyong; Taeyong is Doyoung's classmate, they got acquainted with Lucas because of some seminar that they attended three years ago.

 

" going home? C'mon, I'll drive you " and Taeyong was that rich kid in the university, his family is well-off and he's indeed living a very comfortable life thanks to his parents.

 

Lucas shook his head, politely rejecting Taeyong's offer. For some reason, his ego doesn't allow him to just grab a ride from someone like Taeyong— they are almost the same age but Taeyong's status in life is very much far away from him, it's unfair.

 

" I have somewhere to go, thank you for asking me hyung " Lucas smiled and Taeyong didn't force his offer any longer and drove off.

 

Lucas sighed and slowly walked to the bus stop, the sun is already setting, another day has ended for Lucas' life but the question is, has this day created some changes for his future? Did it somehow help? He hopes so.

 

" oh? " Yuqi exclaimed when she recognizes Lucas standing beside her in the bus stop " Lucas, right? " she asked.

 

" oh, Yuqi from the com class! " Lucas beamed and Yuqi enthusiastically nodded her head.

 

The two hopped into the bus when it arrived, Lucas being a manner man helping Yuqi to get on for the girl is wearing a dress and he paid for the bus fare as well. 

 

They sat at the back of the bus, sitting beside each other— somehow it got awkward.

 

" uhh... " Yuqi thinking of what they should talk about " you're a senior, right? " she asked.

 

Lucas nodded his head " hmmm... but I have some units that I should take more so I don't think I'll graduate this year " he honestly said.

 

Yuqi nodded her head " I'm a senior as well, but I am a transfer so I have to take some units that the university requires me but I got some subjects already credited " she said and it's time for Lucas to nod his head.

 

" do you really like your course? " Yuqi asked out of blue.

 

It made Lucas frown, it's been so long since someone asked him that question " it's... it's okay. It was suggested by my parents since I don't really have any course in mind " he responded.

 

" why? " Yuqi asked even tilting her head to look over Lucas' face.

 

" hmm.. how should I put this... " Lucas paused " well, I'm not good at anything? I always do 'okay', I have no interest on anything because I don't excell on them— it's like wherever I go, I'm always the average lad while everyone's excelling in the field so it doesn't really matter what course I take "

 

" I can't say anything back from that " Yuqi smiled, making the atmosphere somehow lighten up.

 

Lucas chuckled " oh sorry, I didn't mean to make that sound so sad " 

 

" but it was indeed very sad— don't worry, I believe that you'll find something you excel in and you enjoy on doing. It might be not tomorrow or the day after but I'm sure you will "

 

" I'm hoping the same " Lucas smiled— having someone who just listens to you without making you feel worthless feels really great.