Gunshot [GFRIEND: YUMJI]

Ajoomma's bin

One person who's alive shouldn't envy death. I closed the book that I'm reading as soon as I finished it— I threw it on the corner and started to stare at the door of my dark room. How many days has it been? Months? Year? How many years has it been since I isolated myself in this dark room?

 

" five... " I whispered to my self— I continued to count and when I reached the last number my door suddenly opened. The light from the outside is blinding me— I can't see who opened the door, all I can see is silhouette figure of that person who's approaching towards my direction.

 

" Yuju " she stopped in front of me and called my name— I calmly reached for my gun that's placed underneath my pillow and pointed it at her. I didn't bother to stand up from where I am sitting and just pointed it at her head.

 

" get lost " I sternly said.

 

" I have a job for you " she said— I loaded the gun but she didn't even flinch a little. My vision is starting to clear up as I adapt to the light, my hand trembles as I realize who's in front of me— this person... 

 

" I have a job for you " she repeated— how can she face me after I did to her? After what I did to her sister? I dropped the gun from my hands as the flashback of things that I've been escaping rush towards my mind. I frustratedly grabbed my hair as I scream for me to escape once again— stop... I don't want to remember anything.

 

" Sowon unnie... " my tears are flowing out of my eyes " stop... don't die! Unnie! " I screamed like a crazy person— blood, gunshots... everything is clear... it's still clear to me even, what happened that day even it's a long time ago. My guilt is eating me and I can't forget how useless I am that day.

 

" if you want to do something for unnie's death, you need to help me. Let's give justice for her death " I looked at her— the little sister of unnie has grown into a different person, the Kim Yewon who's warm and bubbly has now have those cold and bloody eyes.

 


 

Umji brought me to a familiar place— this is where unnie and I met, the agency where we worked for. I then realized what Umji's been wearing— a badge from the agency. This agency attend to any needs of the client, killing, stealing, assassination—  

 

Eyes are all over me as I follow Umji— I do recognize some faces but I can barely remember their names. It's been a long time since I stepped my foot on this place. 

 

" why are you here? " I asked her when we entered an empty room.

 

" June 17, 2017, my sister died due to a failed mission, but don't you think it's odd? " she started to pin pictures on the board—

 

" this is the area of the assassination that you are going to go along with unnie, there's no way this mission will fail unless you two had been set up. July 18, 2017, you've disappeared from everyone's eyes and I started to dig for justice for my own sister— " she coldly looked at me.

 

" I worked so hard to find traces and clues on how the hell the mission blew up and I came across to this— " she threw me documents, I saw Sowon unnie's name and— I looked at her shocked—

 

" how did you get this? " I asked her.

 

" the mission isn't a mission for you two, it's a mission to get rid of unnie. The person behind this agency is the one who set you two up— unnie's been around this job for a very long time that she acquired knowledge that she doesn't have to have and you being with her is just a disguise so no one will doubt about it and everyone will see this as a mere fail mission " she threw me some documents once again and saw her information on it—

 

" I am the next who will they get rid of and before they may I would like to kill them first— I need you, you're the only one who I know that can help me and will not betray me " 

 

" you need to hide " I shortly responded.

 

" like what you did? Don't kid with me, if you won't help me then I'll do it myself and because you knew my plan " she took out a gun from her back and pointed it on my head " I'll  dispose of you " 

 

" go on " she pulled the trigger and the loud sound of the gunshot rang in my ears—

 

" I won't... you are the only one who knew where the hell is that man so I won't " 

 


 

" stay behind me, don't— " she cut me off as we sneak into the building where the boss of that agency is— where my father is. I am the daughter of the one who runs that underground business and I am here helping Sowon unnie's sister kill my own father. It's ironic but I don't really care about that old man's life— he's a trash and I don't really mind if he'll be killed today.

 

" I'm not a kid " I stopped from walking which made her bump into me.

 

" you're a kid to Sowon unnie's eyes if she's here I am— "

 

" but she isn't " I saw the glimpse of pain in her eyes— the pain from her only family's death. 

 

Their parents abandoned them when they are kids and there are no relatives that have a kind heart who volunteered to take them in so they went to an orphanage where they suffer and decided to escape and face the cruel world.

 

I took out an equipment to open the locked door to the stairs— we successfully entered the building and it's hella weird. It seems like it's not dangerous at all.