Another day with you [MAMAMOO: MOONSUN]

Ajoomma's bin

It's time for lunch— I thought to myself. I sighed and stood up from my swivel chair, I reached for my bag and camera and walked out of my studio. I locked the door before finally leaving to have my tasty lunch of the day.

 

" chicken~ rice~ veggies~ shake~ " I cheerfully sang to myself as I slightly skip. My favorite restaurant is nearby and I always choose to walk there or ride my bike instead of grabbing a cab or driving there.

 

" annyeong Mr. Lui! " I greeted the old grumpy man that leaves near my studio, he hissed at me but also greeted back.

 

" you look angry, the weather is good, you should smile a little " I said and gave him a bright smile.

 

" what's so good on this day!? The sun is up and it's too hot! " he grumpily said. 

 

" don't curse me Mr. Lui " I chuckled at my own joke— my nickname is Solar.

 

I left Mr. Lui and continued to walk, this neighborhood is full of interesting people. There is a widowed woman, some cheerful one, some grumpy like Mr. Lui but I can say that there's a lot of people that are kind and warm in this neighborhood.

 

" Solar! " I stopped at the old grandma when she called me. She told me that it's her birthday and I should grab my lunch on her house because her children cooked a lot of food due to her birthday.

 

" I'm sorry Mrs. Lee but I already reserved a seat to my favorite restaurant, but I want to greet you a happy birthday and as my gift could you smile for me? " I asked her and took out my camera, she happily smiled and struck a V-pose as I capture her image.

 

I'm a photographer, I love catching people's smile. There's a lot of type of photographers, those who capture the beauty of nature, how beautiful animal's life can be but in my case I only capture people's smiles and something that can get my attention.

 

" I'll put in on a frame for you Mrs. Lee as my gift " I said. She nodded and happily thanked me, I waved my hands and continued to walk 

 

The walk from my studio to this restaurant is only 10 minutes but I walked for 15 minutes because I stopped at a lot— today, seems like people is been in a good mood.

 

" good afternoon unnie " Sowon greeted me as I sit at my usual spot, she handed me a menu and waited for my order. Sowon is a part-time waitress in this restaurant, I knew her because I've been eating my lunch here almost every day— umm... scratch the almost, I mean every day.

 

" I'll get spare ribs and strawberry frappe for today " I said and she nodded her head. 

 

While waiting for my order I took out my camera to see some pictures that I've taken earlier. I smiled at my own self as I look at the smiling people in the picture, today must be a really good day for them— their smiles are really bright and warm.

 

I placed my camera on the table to look around. The restaurant is packed with people, well today is Sunday and Sunday means family day. It makes me feel lonely somehow, eating alone in a place with a bunch of family eating together happily. 

 

As I envy those people, my eyes caught a glimpse of a girl with a coffee macchiato on her table and the same Mac laptop. I always see her in this restaurant but I never see her in the neighborhood— does she lives far away from here?

 

" spare ribs and your strawberry frappe " my attention went to the food that is been served in front of me— wow! This rib is wonderful.

 

" thank— oh wait! " I gently grabbed Sowon's arm, she raised her eyebrow at me and asked if there's anything I needed.

 

" don't look at it too noticeably but at that table with a girl that has coffee macchiato and laptop, do you know her? " I asked Sowon. 

 

" Oh, I don't exactly know her but she's always here the same hour as you usually go here and she orders exact same thing every time she goes in here " so she doesn't really live in this neighborhood. I said thanks to Sowon and she left me to attend other customers.

 

I started to eat and this food really does taste amazing! I really love this restaurant, I wish they will be known. As I munch my food I cannot help but to look at the girl, I always see her but I don't really pay attention to her that much but now that I paid attention to her I can say that she has a really pretty face.

 

I don't know what has got into me but I picked up my camera and turned it on, I peek into my viewfinder and get to see a closer look to her face, she has a very pointed nose, fair skin, and pink lips—

 

" aigoo " I was startled myself when I clicked on the shutter— uh... oh... I didn't even get to turn the flash off! 

 

I immediately put my camera down and acted like nothing has ever happened. That was so embarrassing! I hope that she didn't notice me, but really it's impossible not to notice that flash— pabo Solar, pabo!

 

I just kept my eyes on my plate until I finish it off and when I lifted my head, I peeked where the girl is and... damn she's looking at me. I avoided her gaze and turn my eyes on the opposite side— I need to get out of here, it's really embarrassing! What if she mistakes me as a stalker? As a scammer? As a criminal? Oh, no!

 

" umm... excuse me? " I frustratedly shut my eyes close before looking at who's approaching me, I saw the girl standing right in front of me so I just smiled with apologetic eyes.

 

" sorry, I didn't mean to snap a picture of you without your permission it's just you got my att— " I didn't get to finish what I'm about to say when she smiled at me— wow, I do witness a lot of smiles for today but I can say that her smile is the prettiest among them all.

 

" it's fine, I'm just here to ask you if you can let me see the photo? I think you captured an awkward expression of me " she said and I immediately shook my head, I reached for my camera and immediately opened it.

 

" aniyo, it looks amazing, you look amazing on the shot " I complimented her and made her look into it.

 

" that's a relief. Oh, by the way, I'm Moonbyul " she handed me her hand, it took me seconds to actually get what she's doing. I accepted her hand and smiled at her.

 

" I'm Solar "

 

 


 

 

" I really miss you unnie " Sejeong said as soon as she saw me. She's my younger sister and today is our first meeting after a long one month. Today is her free day and she called me to have breakfast.

 

" nado~ why do you look so thin? Aren't you eating on time? Or do you even actually eat? " I noticed how my sister became thin, she's studying medicine and her schedule is just so hectic. I once tried to enter that field but it is just not for me so I understand why she's getting thinner and thinner.

 

" don't worry unnie, I always eat on time " she smiled brightly at me like she always does. I slightly smiled back at her and held her hand— I'm getting worried about her, she always does what she was told to do so. I'm afraid she couldn't get to enjoy her life.

 

" if things will be too much you know I'm always one call away, right? " while still having a bright smile on her face, she nodded her head.

 

I came from a family of doctors, my father, my brother and even my aunts and now my younger sister is pursuing it. Only I didn't pursue it and listened to what my heart wants, I want to hold cameras instead of injections and medical tools.

 

" how's Heechul oppa? " I asked her. I left our house when I started to pursue my dream to be a photographer so sometimes I only see my siblings once a month considering how busy they are with their work and studies.

 

" still the same, he's still insane " I chuckled at Sejeong's description about our oldest sibling. Heechul oppa is really insane but he's a great doctor and out of my family members he's the only one who voiced out his support towards me, Sejeong also supports me but she can't say anything, she's too young to voice out that she supports me back then.

 

Throughout our whole breakfast, she only talks about how busy she is with her studies, how hard it can be, how they dissect things— if only she's not my sister I will surely have hit her, I'm eating and yet she's talking about blood and stuff.

 

" how about dad? How's he? " I asked. She stopped for a moment, she probably got shocked that I asked about our father.

 

" he's doing fine " she shortly responded.

 

" I see " 

 

Our breakfast ended and she needs to get back to the house. It's sad that we only got 2 hours to talk but its fine, well, it's better than nothing.

 

" unnie let's take a picture first " she said and took out her phone.

 

" I'm sure if I make oppa see this he will go berserk out of envy " Sejeong chuckled— this little one really enjoys teasing our brother. I shook my head with a smile on my lips as I look at her— I wish she really is enjoying her life.

 

" unnie are you really sure you don't want me to drop you off? " she asked me but I just shook my head.

 

" I'll just take a bus, I'm fine " I said. After a lot of convincing that it's fine, she finally drove off.

 

I have work today and it's really unfortunate that my car broke on this time of the day— I really need to bring my car to repair shop.

 

I arrived 10 minutes late to the shoot and I immediately apologized to them. Today I'm going to capture couple's love, it's kinda hard— I don't even know how love works, well I haven't been in a relationship. I'm the type of girl who's better off being a friend instead of being a partner, maybe that's why boys don't see me as their ideal girl. 

 

It's going to be hard because I don't know what I should ask them, how I want for them to portray their love. I wanted to reject this job but the amount of money that I will get from this is pretty high so I just grabbed the opportunity.

 

The shoot finished pretty fast, they are satisfied with the outcome and they really do look like so in love with each other so I don't really have a hard time— well, a hard time about looking at them, yes? Because I got that feeling of envy on how they look so happy, I wish to find one someday.

 

My day has been really productive and now I only have to go to my apartment and sleep, it's really an exhausting day...

 

" eh? " I frowned when a drop of water started to touch my skin, I looked upon the sky and realized that it's raining. I immediately hugged my camera to prevent it from getting wet and run as fast as I could to a waiting shed.

 

" aish " I whined when I reached the waiting shed. I looked at my camera if it got wet and luckily it didn't, it's just me who got wet. I hope I won't catch a cold...

 

" umm... " I almost jump from where I am standing when I heard a voice— I thought it was a ghost, thank God it was just a girl— wait...

 

She offered me her handkerchief and smiled— the girl on the restaurant! 

 

" thank you, I'm fine " I shyly said and rejected her offer but she walked closer to me and wiped my forehead herself. She unfolds her handkerchief and placed it on my head.

 

" you might catch a cold " I just nodded my head slowly while still looking at her— she's much pretty this close than seeing her in the viewfinder.

 

It feels like I just went in a Korean drama where the girl is just fascinated looking at her soulmate— wait... soulmate? My face reddened by the thought of it but everything went back to normal when a loud honking of a car ruined our moment.

 

" I have to leave now " she said and I'm going to remove her handkerchief on my head when she stopped me by holding my arm.

 

" dry yourself with that " 

 

" see you around, Solar-ssi " she added and waved at me as a goodbye. Her car already left but still, I'm in awe— she remember's my name... I removed her handkerchief on my head and saw an embroidered letters on it, it's her name, 'Moonbyul'.