The girl who plays piano [TWICE: MITZU]

Ajoomma's bin

The sun is starting to set, Mina's just sitting in a cafe waiting for the time. She wasn't here for a story like scenes where she likes the barista so she's patiently sitting there nor waiting for the waiter to spill something on her and create a conversation. She's here to plainly waste some time before she goes back to school.

 

She took her phone out and messaged her mother 'mom, I'm going to be late again. I have paper works to work on' she typed in and immediately pressed the send button.

 

Actually, she isn't working on any school works she's just going to school to dance. She's waiting for the time where every member of the dance club are gone before she goes in there. She'll be in trouble if someone saw her going in there, her mother won't spare her life.

 

Mina's annoyed by her mother restricting her from what she loves but she's not angry, her mother wants her to focus on her studies and there's nothing wrong with that. For Mina, as long as she can practice dancing even in hiding she'll be happy. 

 

" Okay... " she murmured when her phone alarmed, meaning that every member of the dance club is on their way home. Mina kept her phone and walk her way out of the cafe.

 

It's already 6:30 in the afternoon, Mina bets that there are no students are in the school anymore. She had keys for every door because she's part of the student council, one perk of being in that exhausting organization Mina could say.

 

Mina's part of the dance club, not until her mother makes her withdrew out. She's on her last year in high school but she's not going to experience the last contests that the dance club is going to join in— it's frustrating, Mina would always think to herself.

 

When Mina entered the room of dance club she smiled at herself and took out her phone 'thanks for leaving the speaker~ ' she sent it to Momo who is her friend and the only one who knew that she still keep on going in the dance club room.

 

She placed her bag on the floor and started warming up, she doesn't want to get cramp later on. Mina can dance in any song; hip-hop, ballet, belly dancing, b-boying, freestyle— name it all, she can do it.

 

For hours she kept on dancing, feeling the music on her body and moving through the beat of it. Dancing? That's happiness for Mina.

 

" I should go home now " Mina murmured to herself when she saw what time is it now, it's half past 9 already. 

 

She sat down on the floor and decided to take a 10-minute break before finally leaving; browsing on her phone as she rests. 

 

While she's resting she started to hear someone playing the piano— at first, she got scared about it " ghost? " she softly said with hair on the arms started to rise but the music goes on and on— it wasn't a scary or horror like music but a beautiful one.

 

Mina stood up from the floor and closed her eyes, letting the beautiful music go in her body— slowly she began to dance to it. It was slow and sad yet so beautiful " who's playing it? " she curiously asked herself.

 

The music didn't last for more than fifteen minutes. Mina stopped as the music stops— she immediately took her things and rushed out of the room to see who's playing the piano but when she peeked at the piano club room no one's there anymore.

 

" she plays it so beautifully... yet so sad " Mina murmured and slightly smiled at herself.

 


 

Everyday Mina would wait for that someone to play the piano before she leaves; either she'll dance to it or just listen to it. It's very beautiful that Mina would like to listen to it every day— it would be much better if she'll see that person play because for some reasons Mina could tell how that person plays the piano so sadly.

 

" Mina-chan~ " Mina's startled when Momo suddenly put her arms around her neck " please, when you leave the club room... please, just please pull out the cables on the socket, okay? " Momo started to headlock Mina.

 

" I'm sorry! Sorry! " Mina said as she tried hard to escape from her friend's violence.

 

" by the way, we're practicing for the school talent search... are you sure you don't want to join us? Tell me if you want, I can always— " Momo got cut off when Mina started to headlock her this time.

 

" are you mocking me? You know my mom would freak out " Mina rejected Momo's offer even the truth is she really wants to.

 

" by the way, do you know who's been playing the piano on the piano club every night? " Mina curiously asked Momo about the identity of that mysterious someone.

 

" huh? " Momo frowned " no one's been going on the piano club, I think there's no member anymore " she added.

 

It's time for Mina to frown " wait... are you hearing piano sounds? Daebak, the piano ghost is really true then! " Momo exclaimed " they said that exactly around 9 in the evening the beautiful sound from the piano will start but no one ever sees who's playing— it's the school's mystery ghost " Momo continued.

 

" ghost? " Mina asked Momo.

 

" mmm... someone from the piano club died and they said that the soul of that student keeps on wandering around here like she can't move one and accept the fact that she's dead " Momo started to tell Mina.

 

Mina is sure she heard of that story but never bother to ask any further since she's not interested about those things, but her being not interested about it makes her regret now.

 

" so chingu, don't stay here so late " Momo winked at her " I'm going to go now, don't forget about what I've offered you earlier! The school talent search! " Momo waved her hands and run away from Mina to go to her next class.

 


 

Mina continued to wait for the music of the piano despite Momo's story about that 'ghost'. She doesn't care anymore if it's a ghost or a living person. She only cares about the good music that it makes, whatever that creature that might be.

 

For days Mina's staying extra longer for her ears to be blessed with such beautiful music but one day the piano playing started to stop and never once Mina heard the piano music playing ever again.

 

" Hey! hey! hey! " Mina shouted as she points to some male students who are carrying the piano out of the room " where are you bringing that? " Mina asked as she pushes the piano back inside.

 

" what's your problem? " the male student asked.

 

" I'm one of the student council staff " Mina introduced herself which made the male student apologize immediately " so where are you planning to bring this? " Mina repeated.

 

" the science club is moving here " the other male student answered.

 

" ehh? How about the piano club then? " Mina frowned.

 

" this club has been going on without any members so the principal decided to dispose this and let the science club occupy the space " 

 

Mina bit her lip as she thinks of something to say— if the piano won't be here then the ghost might never play ever again and hell, Mina doesn't want for that to happen " I'm the new member of the club! " Mina exclaimed.

 

The two male students looked at Mina like she's a crazy girl " even you join it's still not enough, the club must have the minimum of 6 members to be considered as 'club' but as of now it's only you and that one member who barely goes in here " the guy explained.

 

" wait... " Mina looked at the guy " do you know who's that member? " she asked hurriedly and the guy remains the weird stare at Mina but nodded his head as an answer.

 

" mmm... Chou Tzuyu, the girl in class B-11 " the guy responded.

 

" put that back inside " Mina ordered " I'll gather this club's members, this club won't go down and tell to those science freaks that they should just stay on their room and be satisfied! " Mina said and rush out of the room to go to that Chou Tzuyu.

 

Mina sprint just to arrive at class B-11's room. Everyone's eyes were on her as she slams the door open " who's Chou Tzuyu!? " she shouted as she catches her breath.

 

Everyone was shocked by Mina's sudden appearance but they answered her question by pointing at the girl on the back who has it's face down, probably sleeping.

 

Mina walked towards the girl, thinking twice if she's going to approach her— why am I even getting my on her business but whatever, I'm here let's just get this done, Mina thought to herself.

 

" Chou Tzuyu... " Mina gently shook the girl who immediately groaned and removed her earphones, the girl looked at Mina and for a second Mina thought she forgot to breath— is she an angel? 

 

Mina's not exaggerating, the girl is really very pretty like she was from the heaven and Jesus got pity by how the world is getting ugly so she made this girl go down on the earth and bless people's eyes for whoever who can see her.

 

" are you chou Tzuyu? " Mina asked, getting herself together and shaking off the fact that this girl just caught her heart by being just simply beautiful.

 

" yes " the girl shortly responded.

 

" I'm Myiou Mina, I'm the new member of the piano club " Mina said.

 

 



 

 

Momo is dying in laughter, hitting the table as she laughs so unladylike " why did you even thought of doing that? " she said between her laughter. Mina handed Momo her handkerchief so she can wipe her tears from laughing.

 

Thinking about what happened last week when Mina approached that girl Chou Tzuyu she can't help but have the urge to scream for my embarrassment—

 

" are you chou Tzuyu? " Mina asked, getting herself together and shaking off the fact that this girl just caught her heart by being just simply beautiful.

 

" yes " the girl shortly responded.

 

" I'm Myiou Mina, I'm the new member of the piano club " Mina said.

 

Tzuyu just looked at her for minutes and nodded her head " cool " Tzuyu shortly said and went back on sleeping.

 

" hey... I mean... you're the president of that club, right? I'm a new member can't you even at least welcome me? Tell me something about the club? " Mina knocked on her desk, shock by the girl's reaction— well almost no reaction she may say.

 

Tzuyu once again looked at Mina but this time a little annoyed " I'm not the president of that club " she sternly said.

 

" if not then you're a member, right? " Mina asked " the club is going to shut down if we don't do anything— the room will be occupied by the science club. Right now they are removing the piano inside the room— if I didn't stop them, the piano might be getting disposed right now "

 

" if you care that much then go around and don't let that club disappear " Tzuyu simply said " stop bothering me about that because I have no intention of doing something about it " Tzuyu stood up and about to leave Mina—

 

" you're the one who's playing the piano every night, right!? " Mina exclaimed " you play so beautifully, I love the way you play the piano and I know you do. You play it like you like to touch someone's heart, it's sad yet so beautiful "

 

" stop presuming anything " Tzuyu turned her head but only to look so annoyed at Mina " stop talking about anything when you don't even know anything about me "

 

" if you want to let that club live then don't let it... don't let it die " Tzuyu said before leaving Mina who's puzzled by her attitude and ashamed by being in a room full of people she doesn't even know.

 

" so... what's your plan for that club? " Momo asked.

 

" I need to have at least 6 members so, me and that girl... then I only have to find 4 more " Mina shrugs.