A little sweeter [TWICE: CHAEYU]

Ajoomma's bin

" Tzuyu, be back before lunch. I've cooked you your favorite tonkatsu " Tzuyu's grandmother reminded the young girl.

 

 

 

" ne halmeoni~ I'll be back before lunch. I'll never miss my favorite dish! " Tzuyu brightly responded before riding her bicycle.

 

 

 

" be careful " her grandmother said and Tzuyu just smiled as she nods her head before leaving.

 

 

 

Tzuyu's enjoying the cold breeze and fresh air that's kissing her skin as she pedals along the road. Her grandmother's place is the best, the color of the ground isn't dark gray like the city's asphalt— it's green because of the grass.

 

 

 

It's been a long time since she has visited her grandmother and she's very happy she decided to come. The fresh air along with a beautiful scenery in the place is just priceless and very healing.

 

 

 

A very calming sound of nature makes Tzuyu's smile automatically form from her lips " ahhh~ I'll miss this " Tzuyu murmured as she appreciates everything that she can see around.

 

 

 

Whilst roaming around, Tzuyu saw a little greenhouse. She has never seen that place back when she visited or maybe she didn't just notice or it's just newly built.

 

 

 

Tzuyu pedaled towards the little greenhouse, she parked her bike and peeked inside. 

 

 

 

" there's no one? " Tzuyu shrugged to herself and carefully entered the place, she's doesn't know why she's tiptoeing but nonetheless, she is.

 

 

 

The greenhouse was filled with healthy strawberry plants, a lot of strawberries are ready to be picked and Tzuyu is so tempted to pick one and taste those red berries.

 

 

 

" I didn't know this place exists " in amazed, Tzuyu murmured to herself.

 

 

 

Tzuyu's walking around, hands on her back to prevent herself from picking some strawberries. She's afraid she'll get in trouble if she does, she doesn't want to make any trouble for her grandmother if that happens.

 

 

 

" daebak! " she exclaimed when she saw a twin strawberry, she kneeled in front of it to take a better look " wow, I've never seen a twin strawberry ever before! " she continues to talk to herself.

 

 

 

" I need to take a picture with it " she happily declared and took out her phone from her pocket. She gently grabbed the twin strawberry and placed it near her face as she smiles on her camera.

 

 

 

" ya! " Tzuyu was startled when someone shouted, accidentally she gripped on the strawberry and fall on her . It wasn't too painful but she swears, she had a mini heart attack.

 

 

 

Tzuyu's eyes widened when she realizes that she has picked the twin strawberry but fortunately it wasn't crushed from her tight grip.

 

 

 

" ya, are you okay? " the person who suddenly shouted said and squatted. She weirdly looked at Tzuyu. 

 

 

 

The girl has a real kiddie like face— her eyes were round, her face is very small and a beauty mark on the corner of her lips.

 

 

 

" I'm really sorry " Tzuyu immediately apologized " I should not have trespassed here " she continues to apologize but the girl just smiled— for a moment Tzuyu felt awed by that smile. She looks very young, Tzuyu thought to herself.

 

 

 

" let me help you stand up " the girl offered her hand and Tzuyu did accept it.

 

 

 

Tzuyu bit her lip when she noticed how their heights differ from one another, she wanted to smile but prevented herself. It's cute " I'm really sorry about it " Tzuyu repeated herself.

 

 

 

" I should be the one saying sorry to you, I didn't mean to startle you " the girl chuckled " I was just too excited when I saw someone new here, this place usually have no one— well, except me and the people from the market who occasionally goes here to pick up strawberries " she explains.

 

 

 

" Oh, by the way, I'm Chaeyoung

 

 

 

" I'm Tzuyu " Tzuyu smiled back and when she's about to offer her hand for a handshake she realizes that she's holding the twin strawberry " oh! I'm sorry about this as well " Tzuyu handed the fruit to Chaeyoung like it was some sort of murder weapon.

 

 

 

" ohh~ a twin strawberry! Wow, this is very rare " Chaeyoung exclaimed and looked excitedly at it like Tzuyu did earlier. 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung took a bite of the other half and offered the other half to Tzuyu " c'mon try it " Chaeyoung said and moved the strawberry right in front of Tzuyu's mouth.

 

 

 

" ah, aniyo. You can have it " Tzuyu shyly shakes her head but Chaeyoung pouted and insisted for Tzuyu to eat it. In defeat, Tzuyu opened and let Chaeyoung feed it to her.

 

 

 

" it's delicious, right? " Chaeyoung asked and Tzuyu just shyly nodded her head as she chews on it.

 

 

 

The two engaged in a little conversation before Tzuyu finally said that she has to leave because her grandmother might worry. The two wanted to have a longer conversation since they felt comfortable with each other but unluckily, Tzuyu has to leave.

 

 

 

" be sure to visit next time! " Chaeyoung brightly said.

 

 

 

" I'll visit tomorrow " Tzuyu responded.

 

 

 

" then I'll be expecting you here " Chaeyoung waved her hand as she bid her goodbye to Tzuyu who's about to leave with her bike " it's nice meeting you! " Chaeyoung added and Tzuyu just said the same before pedaling back to her grandmother's place.

 


 

" are you wearing insoles today? I think you became taller than yesterday " Tzuyu notices as the girl stands beside her. Chaeyoung's watering the plants today and Tzuyu insisted to help the short girl.

 

 

 

" aniyo! " Chaeyoung chuckled as she blushes from being caught red-handed. She sighed then when Tzuyu looked unconvinced " you're too tall so I thought I should wear insoles " Chaeyoung confessed.

 

 

 

" but being short is cute " Tzuyu said which made Chaeyoung look at her " if I were to be reborn again I wish to be a short girl " this is a strawberry farm, not butterfly farm, isn't? Chaeyoung asks herself as she feels some butterflies flying around her tummy.

 

 

 

Their conversation went on and on like they have known each other so long when in fact they just met each other yesterday. 

 

 

 

They figured out that their age is just the same and Chaeyoung's just months older, they both love Disney movies, once became addicted to PPAP and other more trivial things about each other.

 

 

 

" Oh, so you're just having a vacation here? " Chaeyoung asked. They just finished watering all the plants and so they now decided to just sit down and rest.

 

 

 

" hmm... " Tzuyu hummed " it's really nice to visit here "

 

 

 

" when are you going back to the city? And when are you going back here? " Chaeyoung continuously asks.

 

 

 

" uhh... I'll be back in the city three days from now? I'm not sure and about coming back here again, I don't know " she shrugs " actually, the reason why I came here is that I wanted to see my grandmother before going to States "

 

 

 

" eh? Are you leaving Korea? "

 

 

 

" hmm... my parents are in States right now and they want me to move there with them " a pang of sadness embraced Chaeyoung's heart.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung shook of the sadness from her heart and smiled brightly at Tzuyu— we still have 3 days to know each other! Chaeyoung convinces herself.

 

 

 

" if you're going to States then you should have English name! " 

 

 

 

" I do, but I'm not really fond of it. It's Sally " Tzuyu said, cringing at the moment the name came out of her tongue.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung snorted " it's beautiful but I guess Tzuyu suits you the most " Tzuyu cannot agree more, being named as Tzuyu is one of the best things happened to Tzuyu.

 

 

 

" by the way, do you own this place? " Tzuyu curiously asked.

 

 

 

" this is my grandfather's but he already passed away years ago so you can say that this is mine now " Chaeyoung answered.

 

 

 

Tzuyu then let out a long 'ahh' not knowing what to say next " my grandfather taught me how to plant and take care of them and even make products out of these strawberries— since I have no jam, he thought I should learn how to make a strawberry jam "

 

 

 

Those lame jokes are really no jam, Tzuyu thought to herself yet she finds herself laughing along with that lame joke. Tzuyu's just happy by just look at the girl's face, no need to exert any effort or make any joke— it's like Chaeyoung's enough to make her dimples visible.

 

 

 

" do you want to make strawberry jam? " Chaeyoung asks.

 

 

 

" how? "

 

 

 

" let's go to my house, it's 15 minutes away from here by walking and with your bike, it's going to be 10? " unsure Chaeyoung said and stood up from her seat. She held Tzuyu's hand to pull her out of the greenhouse.

 

 

 

Tzuyu sighed and let herself get pulled by Chaeyoung but it seems like Chaeyoung exerted some force too strong at pulling Tzuyu that she nearly fell when Tzuyu stood up. Luckily, Tzuyu managed to catch her— holding her around her waist tightly and their hands clasped together.

 

 

 

" be... be careful... " stuttering Tzuyu said and immediately let go of Chaeyoung.

 

 

 

A little pitpat on their hearts are starting, the tingling feeling was enough to make the two blush. It was just a short skinship yet it made a big impact on each other's heart. Their faces are now the same color as the strawberries around them.

 


 

" I've never let anyone ride my bike so I'm not sure if we're going to fall or not " conscious Tzuyu said when Chaeyoung rode behind her.

 

 

 

" if we fall then I have first aid kit on my house and if not then we'll enjoy the strawberry jam without any wounds! " Chaeyoung stated the obvious while lightly patting Tzuyu's shoulder like she's patting a horse to begin running.

 

 

 

" if we fall, I'm apologizing in advance " Tzuyu took a deep breath and began pedaling with Chaeyoung's directing her where to go.

 

 

 

" if we fall— it's not going to be bad at all since where together! We'll fall together, it's better than falling alone! " Chaeyoung chuckled and raised one of her hands, feeling the wind that passes by her.

 

 

 

" Tzuyu! " 

 

 

 

" hmmm? "

 

 

 

" let's spend your last days in here, together with me! " it sounds like Chaeyoung's proposing " it might sound like I'm flirting with you, but if it doesn't make you feel uncomfortable, you can see it that way "

 

 

 

Tzuyu's smile can't be erased at the moment, feeling Chaeyoung's hold behind her, Chaeyoung wanting to be with her— we just met yesterday, this is not a Disney movie! Tzuyu began to scrutinize on her mind but nonetheless, she agreed on Chaeyoung's proposal.

 

 

 

" sure " Tzuyu responded, making sure that Chaeyoung didn't notice how she feels so happy right now.