Language of the heart [GFRIEND: WONHA]

Ajoomma's bin

" why? " Sowon calmly said but the anger on her voice is very evident, she's shaking out of anger, she doesn't know what she should do but then she tried hard to control herself and keep calm— at least a bit " why all of a sudden? " she asked again.

 

Eunha who's standing one meter away from Sowon can only have her head down, frozen on where she is standing at. She's playing with her fingers as she bits her lip, she doesn't know what to explain or how to explain things to Sowon.

 

" why!? " Sowon lost it, she shouted, startling the girl in front of her " gosh! You are saying you are breaking up with me and now I'm asking you why, I'm freakin' asking for you to give me a reasonable reason and yet you can't even say a word nor meet my eyes! " Sowon massaged her temple, she's having a headache along with unbearable pain in her heart due to Eunha's absurdness.

 

" you're driving me crazy " Sowon frustratedly closed her eyes, turning her back to ease her anger. The more she sees Eunha, the more she gets frustrated.

 

Sowon and Eunha have been in a relationship for years, they have lost of count on how many days, weeks, months or years it has been because they don't really care about anniversaries. For them, anniversaries are not that important, the most important part of a relationship is the fact that they are together.

 

They have faced many up and downs but they didn't think about letting go of each other's hands. They are strong and their love lives stronger than any storm that the world may offer to them. It was a dream relationship.

 

" Sojung... " Eunha softly uttered Sowon's birth name.

 

" I'm asking you why " Sowon sighed and faced Eunha " is it because I'm flying over to Europe? I told you I've rejected the offer, why are you being like this? " Sowon walked closer to Eunha, gently grabbing the girl's hand " I'm not leaving, I'm not leaving you alone here " she assures the girl.

 

Sowon is a film director and sometimes she also writes, she writes scenarios for dramas and movies. She's getting her name out there, she's succeeding with her career and getting known for her marvelous works while Eunha is an aspiring actress, still not getting her chance to shine.

 

They have been in each other's dream, supporting and motivating each other. When Sowon's on her slump, Eunha's there to cheer her up, to assure Sowon that everything's going to be okay. When Eunha's getting rejected in her auditions, Sowon is there to wipe her tears away and eat ice cream with her.

 

Eunha shook her head " it's not about that " she softly said.

 

Sowon lifted up Eunha's chin to meet the girl's eyes " then why? Why are you saying such horrible things? " Sowon frowned " tell me, make me understand because right now, I'm so lost on why you want to leave me "

 

Eunha took every ounce of courage in herself and bravely meet Sowon's eyes " I'm tired of this " she clearly uttered " I'm tired of this relationship Sojung, we've been together for so long... I'm getting tired of this, I'm getting tired of being with you "

 

" Do you expect relationships to be always exciting? You are being unfair and unreasonable Eunha! "

 

" I'm sorry... " Eunha softly said like she didn't even want Sowon to hear it.

 

" why? Loving you is so hard... loving you hurts me so much? Why does loving you hurt so damn much? " Sowon's tears are racing down her cheeks, her world crumbled with Eunha's words— no, Eunha who is her world is now wanting to leave her.

 

" that's why we should just let go of each other " Eunha chocked her own words, trying hard to not cry. The sight of Sowon crying heart gives her heart a lot of pain " let go of me now Sojung "

 

Sowon's hold on Eunha immediately lost its grip, of all the reasons out there, that reason is not what Sowon's expecting to hear. It sent a fatal blow to Sowon's heart— it's done, what more can she plead, Eunha's tired of her. It's over. 

 

Sowon wishes she just have done a mistake, it's better than this... mistakes can somehow be corrected but falling out of love, it's something that Sowon cannot control.

 

" let's let go of each other now Sojung... " Sowon used to say that she'll grant any wishes of Eunha but this kind of wish, it's unfair and understandable in Sowon's side.

 

" you should have told me sooner " Sowon smiled bitterly " that way we didn't waste each other's time, that way this tiresome relationship didn't even have started in the first place. You should have told me sooner Eunha " head down, Sowon defeatedly said.

 


 

" what!? " Yerin and SinB exclaimed, nearly spitting out the foods in their mouth— almost everybody on the restaurant looked over to their table due to their sudden shouting.

 

" shut your mouths, you guys are embarrassing me, aish! " Sowon hissed at the two.

 

" why? I mean, why so suddenly!? Are you joking us or what? " they exclaimed as Sowon tells them what happened between her and Eunha.

 

Yerin and SinB are Sowon's friends, they have been together since childhood since they are from the same hometown. Yerin works for a news company while SinB is a television producer. Both are excelling in their own fields.

 

" she said she's tired, our relationship is tiring that— " Sowon drunk the shot of soju " she even pleaded for me to let go " she continued as she let out a bitter chuckle.

 

" did you do something wrong? " SinB cautiously asked " I mean... oh! Did you forgot to wash your socks again!? I told you it stinks! " SinB earned a hit from Yerin " it's not the time for jokes! " Yerin softly scolded the younger girl.

 

" there's no other reason except her being tired " Sowon shook her head " that's the only reason she can give, she's tired of me and our relationship " her friends can only look at her with sympathy, seeing Sowon hurt also brings their heart pain.

 

" oh... just like how Yerin unnie and Eunwoo oppa gets into a fight almost every day— no reasonable reason " SinB nodded her head and once again got a hit from Yerin " I told you it's not the time for jokes! " Yerin scolded her.

 

" Eunwoo and Yerin are like those people who are loyal in social media but in real life... " Sowon can only shake her head and drink another shot of soju.

 

" agreed " SinB said with laughing at Yerin who's glaring at the both of them.

 

" I mean, answer me honestly " Sowon looked at her friends " am I that bad? I'm beautiful, I have a sense of humor, I'm tall, I'm patient, I can support her— I didn't lack with how I show my love for her "

 

" I agreed on all of it but unnie, you have no sense of humor— that's your fatal flaw " SinB said.

 

" I can be funny! " Sowon shouted " I can be anything for her! "

 

" woah, woah, calm down there tiger " SinB raised both of her hands " you don't need to let out your anger onto us "

 

" but unnie don't you think it's better? " Yerin asked " I mean, you're in a good position with your career right now and Eunha has nothing to offer to you, she's still an actress who can't find her spotlight. It's her loss, not yours " SinB elbowed Yerin to stop from talking. If Sowon's glare can kill, Yerin probably is bleeding on the floor right now.

 

" stop looking down on her " Sowon seriously said.

 

" look at you " Yerin shook her head " still defending someone who has left you for just being tired—  such a pushover "

 

" so changing the topic " SinB faked a cough to release the tension between her unnies " what are you going to do now? Are you flying over to Europe and accept the offered job or you're going to be a fool who's going to chase over Eunha unnie? Oh, my bad, I remove the word fool "

 

Sowon sighed " of course I will talk to Eunha again... maybe her head is cool now and she's on her right mind now. One more time... I'm going to talk to her " she hopingly said.

 

" what if she's really on her right mind when she said she's going to break up with you? " Yerin straightforwardly asked and SinB is fast enough to cover to make any further direct statements.

 

Sowon shrugged and drunk her ninth shot of soju " then... " she paused for a minute, not wanting to even say the words " then it's over for us, what can I do? I'm going to let her go if that's what she wants " 

 

" aigoo, love is so painful " SinB said and opened a new bottle of soju to pour some in Sowon's glass " that's why I'm still single " SinB softly uttered. 

 

SinB is indeed single since birth by choice, seeing her friends this way— Yerin having a ridiculous 'relationship' with Eunwoo and Sowon experiencing such heartbreak. SinB decided to pass from that kind of trouble and just enjoy her single life.

 

" ya, why are you only pouring some for Sowon unnie!? I'm your unnie too! " Yerin demanded, SinB give her an awry look but still poured some on her glass " thank you, uri maknae~ " Yerin chuckled.

 

 



 

To explain things: Eunha broke up with Sowon because she thinks that she's getting on her lover's way— the opportunity is always knocking on Sowon's door but because of her love for Eunha she always turns it down, Sowon is full of inhibitions. Eunha is an aspiring actress but yet to find her place on the industry, she always gets minor roles and extras.

After the break-up Sowon flew to Europe and settled there for years without any news about what has happened in Korea— she cut every contact she had with people she left in Korea. Years had past Sowon came back to Korea and Eunha is indeed became an actress but it didn't turn out the way she wanted it to be—  she became an actress for adult movies.

This was supposed to be a short story but I gave up on writing this plot just because... I'm lazy? haha~