Grim reaper's love [TWICE: DAHMO]

Ajoomma's bin

" unnie, you're dozing off again " Chaeyoung poked Momo to refrain her from sleeping.

 

" the wind is so good in here, I can't help it " Momo said as she yawns and stretches both of her arms. 

 

The wind is indeed really refreshing from where they are sitting. They are on a rooftop of 35 floors high building, sitting on the railings and just watching the busy city as they wait for a job.

 

" you should really be serious for now unnie " Chaeyoung worriedly reminded Momo " you've been called by Jihyo unnie last time because of another soul that you failed to guide " Chaeyoung continued scolding Momo.

 

Jihyo is somewhat higher than them— it's like the grim reapers are the students and Jihyo is the headmistress.

 

" to be honest... " Momo looked at Chaeyoung and so the younger girl " I'm a sleeping fairy. I don't belong in here, gathering souls and making those souls go on the right path " Momo seriously said and so she earned a strong flick on her forehead.

 

" sleeping fairies don't wear black and don't have death envelops " Chaeyoung said.

 

" that's why I'm so confused on why I'm wearing this! And why I'm doing this job for a hundred years now! " Momo whined like a child.

 

Momo and Chaeyoung hold a great responsibility in the world— they are somewhat guardians of the souls which others would call grim reaper. In contrary to human's belief that grim reaper is only one, there are a lot of grim reapers around the world.

 

Momo is a grim reaper, a very clumsy one that always loses the soul she has to guide. She loves to sleep than do her responsibilities— she believes that she was mistakenly born to be a grim reaper because she can feel in herself that she's a sleeping fairy.

 

" my envelope has lit up " Chaeyoung exclaimed when she notices her envelop " oh, mine as well " Momo said.

 

Their envelopes are like their schedule— it holds the information of who will they guide for the day and if they completed the job the paper inside of the envelope will disappear and they would have to wait for another. It's a cycle.

 

" I will get going now, do your job right unnie " Chayeoung said and stood up on the railing where she sat in earlier " I'll be going now, see you later! " she said and waved her hands before disappearing into the thin air.

 

Momo sighed to herself " I would like to sleep " she murmurs and lazily stood up and disappear as well like Chaeyoung.

 


 

Momo entered a busy cafe, roaming her eyes around to find the person on her envelop " there he is " she whispered to herself and sat in one of the vacant tables near the person on her envelope.

 

Grim reapers can roam around freely without any problem because humans who are not in near of dying cannot see them

 

" he seems so young, too bad he's going to die in... " Momo glances at her watch " 15 minutes " she slowly nodded her head.

 

Although people who are nearing to die can see grim reapers, they actually prefer to not make the dying person aware of their presence. It's awkward for them to come up to that person and say 'hi, you're going to die today and I'm here to guide you so please cooperate'.

 

Grim reapers prefer to show themselves once the person completely dies and its soul has left the body.

 

" 6 minutes... " Momo counts.

 

" excuse me but are you going to order? " a girl came up to Momo with a menu card on its hands. Momo immediately frowns, she can see me? Is she dying? Momo asks herself.

 

" you can see me? " Momo asks the girl " if you can, can you tell me how many fingers I'm going to show you " Momo lifted two fingers and the waitress just frowns in confusion but answered '2'.

 

" daebak, you can see me! " Momo happily exclaimed " then can I order an iced coffee with 5 pumps of vanilla? " she asked. 

 

Momo is very happy whenever she encounters someone who's dying that works on a restaurant, cafe or fast food chains, that way she can order something " is that all? " the girl asked with a bright smile on her face.

 

" hmmm... thank yo— " Momo didn't get to finish what she's about to say when the people started to rush outside— Momo's eyes went to find the person she's about to guide but unfortunately the person is not in his seat anymore.

 

Momo immediately looked at her watch " aish... " she cursed between her breath " thank you for your kindness but I have to go " Momo told the girl and rushed out of the cafe.

 

As soon as she stepped outside the cafe she saw a truck in the middle of the street. She made way to see if the person she's been looking for is there " there he is " Momo softly said as she looks at the body that's now bathing in its own blood.

 

Life is that short, you worked hard for it— you ate a lot of expensive foods, took care of it by drinking vitamins, spraying expensive colognes, studying since you're a child— and in like a snap of a finger everything that you've worked for will eventually result into... well, death.

 

Momo roams her eyes around, trying to find the soul of the body but it's nowhere to be found. She bit her lips as she thought of what will happen if she didn't find it " I already took care of it " startled, Momo looked at who spoke beside her.

 

" God Jihyo~~ " Momoo happily greeted Jihyo with nervousness on her body " you really love me that you even took care of my work. Sarangheyo~~ " Momo cutely said but the poker face of Jihyo didn't even budge.

 

" follow me " Jihyo seriously said and disappeared. Momo sighed and stomped her feet on the ground before disappearing as well to follow Jihyo.

 


 

" saranghae God Jihyo~~ " Momo said as soon as she saw Jihyo.

 

" do I look like I'm joking? Do I look like I have time for your jokes? " Jihyo asked.

 

" aniyo, I'm not joking. I truly love you! " Momo said " and you don't look like you're up for my jokes because you look so beautiful today " she continued, hoping to escape the wrath of Jihyo with her sweet words.

 

" you say those words easily like popping a confetti " Jihyo shakes her head " you easily say those words when you are not yet have felt those "

 

" wae? Have you felt what human calls 'love'? " Momo curiously asked, getting immersed by the conversation.

 

" we don't have time to feel that emotion nor feel any of those Momo " Jihyo reminded the girl.

 

" araso, araso. I'm just curious " Momo shrugged.

 

" about ea— " Momo cut what Jihyo was about to say.

 

" I was late by just 5 minutes or so " Momo whined.

 

" time is very precious to us, one minute or even 20 seconds is very important in our work " Jihyo paused as she massages her temple " I've been scolding you for like a hundred years now! " that shout made Momo felt death.

 

" mianhe... " Momo softly said as she bows her head.

 

" you knew that if you messed up this one I'll punish you, right? I've said it to you last time " Jihyo seriously said.

 

" ne... "

 

" but still you act so irresponsibly! "

 

" sorry " Momo said for the ninth time.

 

" here " Jihyo handed Momo a new envelope, not like the envelope that Momo have. It's much different for the envelope is colored bloody red while the normal envelope of a grim reaper is dark black.

 

" hand me your envelop " Momo immediately took out her envelop and handed it to Jihyo " your job is to guide the person in that envelop, that girl is very important for the heavens— " 

 

" then why should I take this case? I mean you can have Chaeyoung to do this. I'm very clumsy, what if I mess things up? " Momo worries, as much as she's terrified with Jihyo, she fears the heaven a lot more.

 

" so you can have the sense of responsibility " Jihyo simply explained " if you mess up with this one, you know what the heavens can do. They can either make you suffer by repeatedly playing the sins you've done in your past life or send you into the underworld "

 

" those choices don't make any sense! It's worst either way! " Momo complained.

 

" then do a good job with that one " Jihyo shrugs and mentioned her hand, making Momo leave " you can go now "

 

" ah~ ah~ can I do something else? Please~~ " Momo cutely said but failed to appeal Jihyo.

 


 

Momo arrived at a little rooftop apartment, she sat on a table that's outside the house and took out the envelope that Jihyo gave her " Kim Dahyun... she's so young " Momo said to herself as she read through the information about the girl like she's reading an applicant's resume.

 

" she'll die by a car collision 2 weeks from now " Momo frowned when she saw the date of death " if it's 2 weeks from now then why do I have to keep an eye on her from now on? This is weird... what is she? A past deity? " she asks herself.

 

 



 

I was so in love with 'Goblin' but wasn't able to push this story because I realized that I on fantasy genre. lmao