Chapter 6

Mr Angry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie inhaled the scented, shopping mall air. Her heart pounding with anxiety. What was she going to do now? Where was she going to live?

Were the credit cards in her purse still valid? Would the rings really sell? What if it turned out they were fake? Of course, they weren’t. Her mother paid millions. But still...

 

With her purse in hand, she made for the clothing store and skipped around, trying to feel free

 

A nice leather jacket stood out from a men's clothing rack, and she was reminded of Kyungsoo.

He had been wearing a cheap, tattered leather jacket the night she met him. His jeans were worn out and even his shoes were a shade tattered.

 

Jenny looked down at her own expensive converse skater shoes and suffered a pang in her heart. If she ran away, Kyungsoo would surely lose everything...

 

 

"No!" she nudged her self. "I can't feel sorry!"

 

She came across a long fresh winter jacket then headed for the till. She was about to buy it when she realized the fabric was polyester. So she abandoned it at the till, leaving behind a bewildered shop owner...

 

There was many families roaming the mall But Jenny was alone. She hugged herself unconsciously, almost wishing Kyungsoo would appear, just to scold her.

 

"If my father weren’t rich," she imagined, "Who would l be?"

 

The thought made her stop for a second, then she quickly washed out her mind and hurried to a cafe. She had to think about things seriously.

 

She ordered a chai latte, then settled down at a red-painted circular table. It was only a few minutes before a nice-looking guy approached.

He was wearing a cap over Scarlette red hair. His fringe loose around his eyes. A sleeveless hoody, tight white jeans, and boots with chains hanging from them.

 

IF there was one word to describe his presence, it would have been "superstar". He had a superior presence, even to Jennie. She blinked in astonishment. What did he want with her?

 

"Hello," he said. "I couldn't help noticing you before. Aren't you the daughter of Mr. Kim? The CEO of Exo Academy?"

 

Jennie rolled her eyes then nodded. Who was he? A journalist?

 

"Do you mind?" he asked, indicating the seat.

 

Jennie sighed, "yeah, if you want to,” she said, feeling quite depressed.

"So, what's your name?" she began. "I'm Jennie Kim."

 

"I'm aware of that," he replied. "My name is Jackson. I graduated from e-music academy early last year.."

 

Familiarity eased into Jennie mind and she suddenly realized who this guy was. A close friend of Bam Bam's

 

"So what do you do with yourself? Jennie Kim?" he asked. "It must be deserted with your dad and mom out on holiday. The whole world's talking about it..."

 

Jennie furrowed her brows. "Talking about what?"

 

"Oh, you didn't know?" speculated Jackson. "Everyone's been talking about how your mom and dad went out for six month holiday without you. I mean ...wow. Rich families..." he mumbled off the rest of his words realizing the fury rise to Jennie's eyes.

 

"Is that how you view me?" snapped Jennie. "As a poor little rich girl? Neglected by her parents?"

 

"No!" said Jackson quickly. "Of course not! If anything, I have respect for you! You don't care what people think of you! You still attended the ceremony at school even though you didn’t graduate! You’ve got guts!"

 

Jennie sighed, "Or maybe I’m just an idiot..."

 

"Aish! I knew I would screw it up!" he stated hastily.

 

"Screw what up?" asked Jennie.

 

"Scrrew up talking to you! I-well- to tell you the truth, I've always noticed you. You always come here by yourself. And it's made me curious."

 

A frown spread across Jennie's features, "Well, thank you for noticing me. I'm very flattered." she said a mock-casual tone.

 

 

 

Jackson, noticing her stiff expression, released his own heavy sigh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter