Chapter 14

Mr Angry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The waiting room, or rather, the hallway was as white as Jennie's face while she waited besude taeyeon frmo the bench. Taeyeon's eyes were glued to her phone screen, a little pikachu dangling frmo her the keychain. Fingers twiddling madly as she sent one text after another.

Jackson, Lisa, Kyungsoo, Sehun and Chanyeol had already taken the first visit to Kyungsoo and seemed excited to present their gifts to him.

"I have a bad feeling about Baekhyun," Taeyeon whispered to Jennie. "I texted him to come here, but he said that he doesn't want to see Kyungsoo."

Jennie twisted her legs, her blackpink waves into a side tail and puffing her cheeks slowly.

 

The peace was quickly disrupted when a rage of pounding footsteps swooshed in. Jennie rose to see a  a nurse—brunette, curvy and presumedly in her thirties— firing up. She stopped in front of Taeyeon and Jennie, "Which one of you's is Jennie!"

Jennie jolted, "M-me!"

The nurse  snatched Jennie's jacket collar, her voice throbbing with madness, "I h-haven't been able to get any sleep all night! Your boyfriend is driving us CRAZY!" she screeched. "Going on and on about some disastrous kiss! We should send him to the mental ward"

"He's not my boyfriend!" whined Jennie, trying to shake herself out of the nurses grasp. 

Just then, Kai  and Chen came rushing down the hall. Gifts in hand, faces stretched with anxiety. 

"Are we l-late?" puffed Kai, dropping his box and bending down with his hands on his knee's.

Jennie stared blankly..

"Jennie?" asked Kai, withdrawing his boxed gift from it's bag and slightly grunting. "How about we exchange gifts."

"No way!" said Jennie quickly, "MY gift was eleven hundred!"

"ELVEN HUNDRED!" bellowed Kai, CHen gaped equal astonishment. "Let me see it!" gasped Kai.

THe nurse was quick to interrupt, stepping away and holding up her hand to silence them, "Jennie Will visit last. I have a feeling if anybody visits before hand, you will be waiting for a long time."

Everyone exchanging a variety of expressions. Sad.. Nervous. Flustered. But the most trmebling of all, was Jennie. She could feel the cherry scent soaring through her little nostrils and stabbing her hormones all over.

 

As everyone scuttled down the hall and towards Kyungsoo's room, Jennie remained pacing in the hallway.. Fiddling with the black box in hand. Her eyes tracing the patterns on the scratched white stone floor. Sitting down every so often as to avoid passing beds pushed by racing doctors and nurses.

Once Taeyeon had returned, tired and bitter, Jennie knew it was time.. She would face the guy who had so passionately stolen her first kiss for a lie; an illusion.

"All he did was ask me about how mine and Baekhyuns music video project is doing," said Taeyeon, her head hanging. "He didn't ask about you at all, I'm sorry.."

Jennie laughed heartilly, "Why would I want him to asj about m-me?"

Taeyeon spun around in a light swirl then collapsed back into the waiting bench. "Come on, look at that gift.." she said, eying Jennie's box with a small grin, "Why go to such extreme's Jennie? You could've brought him a teddy bear like everyone else.."

"This was cheap," uttered Jennie, cheeks glowing peach.

Taeyeon leaned back into the wall, chest rising with laziness, "It must be great to have everything. I mean, that's two of my weeks wages."

"I want to feel bad, but..it's dfficult.." said Jennie coldly flickering her hair to one side.

 

 

 

When Jenhnie entered Kyungsoo's room, she winced with the cold. The windows were wide open, rushing a misty cold about that fluttered the white bed curtains around his rolley bed. .While clutching her gift, Jennie rushed to close them at once, avoiding Kyungsoo who lay upright in his bed dressed in white— his eyes closed. His hair smoothed back and pointed around his small ears. His body surrounded with scattered gifts: teddies, chocolates, cards, toys.  The heart monitor beeping just behind his head. Chords connecting his veins to hospital machinary.

Smiling slightly, she hurried to his bedside and dropped onto the side chair. Her haert racing with excitement, her lips pursing as she held the box up and shook it. His breathing was silent, which gave Jennie the imperssion he certainly wasn't asleep: maybe just tired from all the chocolate he must've eaten, judging by the scattered wrappers lying on the floor.

"Hey!" said Jennie aruptly. "Wake up! I got yuo a present!"

In a sudden, his eyes opened. His eyes flickered upwards, first slow and settled, then widening. The heart monitor smashed to life, beating like a chainsaw. "W-What are you doing here?!" he gasped.

"A- A get-well gift," she uttered quite pathetically, hands shaking as she slowly rose the box in front of her blushing face.

His round dark eyes examined her trembilng fingers: "You have a g-gift for me?"

"Y-Y-Yes! Please don't hit me!" she spat out, squirming.

"Can I see it?" he asked sharply..

Jennie twitched. "Should I?" she muttered under her breathe. Slowly she lowered the box from her face and finally got a peek at Kyungsoo's heart haped face, staring at the box, hot faced. His brows arched witt hunger.

"N-Never mind," she stressed, slowly rising, "You won't like this gift! It's dumb!"

Blood rushed from the top of her spinning head all the way to the pouncing beneath her heels. SHe could almost feel the earth wobbling beneath her feet as she made for the door.. 

"GET BACK HERE MONKEY GIRL!"

Jennie froze at the door, being slightly reminded of Baekhyun..

Kyungsoo glared as she swooshed around and returned to him, step by step. The silk of her dress swaying elegantly around her slender little legs. Once she was within each, he seized her by the wrist and pulled her entire weight into the blankette over his chest.

Jennie yelped and the box flung frmo her hand and bounched across the floor and over her feet. Her face burned into his beating heart and sparkles cracked all through her arms and legs.


"OW!" she muffled, pulling up.

Without further ado, he curved his hand around her neck rather painfully and pulled her up a little, so that his chin was massaging the top pf her head.  "You're staying with me tonight," he decided, voice blank. Suddenly, a door opened.

WIth great effort, Jennie pulled out of his rather alarming headlock and stood up straight. Her body freezing from the abscnese of his heat. Brushing away the invisible crumbs from her white-coat and breathing heavilly, she bent down the scooped up  her box. When she looked up, Baekhyun was standing just a foot away from her. She had hardly noticed his stealth footsteps drawing in.

"Here," she said, tossing the box onto Kyungsoo bed. He picked it up and tossed it from one hand to the other, "This gift better be good," he said, holding up the box as though to inspect it's weight. Jennir snickered, absaloutely disgusted, "Well if you don't like it, I'll give it someone else!"

 

Baekhyun  twisted one side of his mouth and tightened his arms.

"I broke up with Taeyeon," announced Baekhyun suddenly,

The atmosphere changed and into a thick gloominess of air. Jennie and Kyungsoo exchanged alarmed glances.

"Er, w-why?" asked Jennie, feeling genuinely confused.

Baekhyun stared into Jennie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter