chapter 16: Visiting the Academy.

Mr Angry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rain never seemed to end, howling over Jennie’s bedroom roof. Maid Wu tossed more coals into her crackling fireplace, then turned and bowed to Jennie who was occupied at her desk: "Madame, your study tutor will be taking you out on a trip tommorow. So make sure to rest well."


 

Jennie nodded abscent mindedly, spreading the pieces of Baekhyuns phone out carefully. Tweezer set aside a fresh cup of coffee.

"Madame?" asked Maid Wu.

"Y-Yeah..." she responded, absent-mindedly.

"Tomorrow will be a big day for you. Your study Tutor will be taking you out to your fathers company’s for a visit."

Another vague response.

"Well, goodnight to you madame," said Maid Wu, leaving quickly.

After cleaning and clicking each piece together, all that was needed was the phone to be charged and it was done. No longer broken. Jennie never felt so accomplished in her life…

Her heart throbbed with excitement as she imagined all the secret little things this device must be hiding.

Maybe, most definitely, a few little messages about her? Or, even better, a lot of messages about her!!

“Okay Jen-Jen,” she chuckled, “Don’t get ahead of yourself.”


 

***

At four am, maid wu rubbed Jennie’s face subtly, “wake up ma’am..”

jennie squirmed before opening her eyes. Flames crackling sparks up the chimney, birds still sleeping.

“The master wants to speak to you,” whispered the maid, “He is on the balcony..”

Jennie slowly forced herself out of bed, feet numb, body exposed by a slimming nighty as she wobbled her way into the cold.

There stood Kyungsoo, in a t-shirt, shorts and socks, leaning over the the dark red ledge. His hands gloved against the smoot, frosted rail. His eyes were as red as hers, his hair rugged. He smelled of whiskey. Jennie stared as he let out a long, breathy laugh.

A steaming hot kettle of coffee had been prepared already on the small table, a mug of milk, two cups and a jar biscuits—all illuminating under a candle light.

“W-Why did you wake me up? And maid Wangfu?” Jennie yawned and tightened her shivering arms, “So rude...” Her toes were curling.

Maid Wang fu emerged from inside the room, a red fluffy robe in hand.

“I couldn’t sleep,” said Kyungsoo quietly while the maid lifted Jennie’s arms into the sleeves, “Baekhyun called me last night..”

Jennie’s heart gave a jolt and she tightneed the robe belt befpre allowing the maid to leave. “What is it? What happened?”

“Can’t you dress yourself?” he snickered quietly.

“What is it?” repeated Jennie, firmly.

“He wasn’t happy with me,” said Kyungsoo under his breathe, “And he’s not happy with America. I’ve never heard him cry so hard before, I thought he was being a sissy, but then he apologized to me and told me misses me a tonne and that some guys are threatening him...”


 

Jennie held her breathe, her body awakening completely. She glared downwards, knowing very full well why guys would threaten Baekhyun. He was a girl magnet, an academic and musical genius. His future promised prosperity and fulfilment. “They must be jealous.” she croaked, her vioce low.


 

Her eyes looked down and travelled over the foggy garden patches, dove waterfountains, fencing area, tennis court, spa house, pool house—And then the treehouse she and her father had built with Baekhyun, long ago; Her childhood sanctuary.

“Did he mention me?” asked Jennie, leaning over the table to pour herself a mug of coffee, a smoky scent.

“Why would I tell you?” teased Kyungsoo, turning around and swiping the mug from Jennie’s hand.

She scowled at him, “Are you drunk Kyungsoo? Because compared to usual, you’re being oddly calm..”

He chuckled, and swung back the mug.

“Sorry for waking you up monkey, but we need to leave in fifteen minutes. Taeyeon’s riding us to your E-Music academy. I got myself drunk so that I would be able t-to handle the embarassment and the telling-off’s I’m gonna get...”


 

“Telling offs?”


 

Kyungsoo laughed again, “I haven’t turned up to my training ever since I started supervising you. And Taeyeons been training at night, but she’s skipped a few days. Together, me and you have caused quite the stir in the newspapers. You just wait, everyone’s going to be watching us, and your diary entry has been reposted and shared more than a thousand times on facebook. SO you’ve got that to look forward to.”

Jennie cringed, of course, how could she forget? The infamous diary entry? She had avoided facebook ever since..

"We will stop at Shaewo productions for the second half of the day."

Jennie brushed her fingers through her hair and smiled sadly, “I haven’t been there in a long time. I heard your father words there? Maybe I’ll get to meet him..”

Kyungsoo tsked, “I don’t want him to get the wrong idea about us..”

“Us?” questioned Jennie, holding in a small giggle. “There is no us. Jeez, you really are drunk..”

Another raspy laugh and he was patting her shoulder, "I didn’t sleep and m-my head hurts. Gosh you’re pretty."

Jennie wrenched away from him in alarm and then he laughed, a loud laugh.

“I’m just kidding I’m not that drunk. You’re the most ugliest thing I’ve ever seen.”

“Who the hell let you drink?” muttered jennie, “you’re such a hypocrite. Taking the drinks off me and then enjoying yourself...”

He blushed and leaned against the balcony post, "That maid Tamara, she tried to seduce me but I told her I’m intersted in someone else.....”


 

Jennie huffed, “Who? Lisa? Rose?”


 

He hummed and grinned over the landscape, marvelling in it’s nightlines, “Sometimes, I don’t think this is..” he said, “Being in this big, incredible place. Getting served by maids. Sleeping in an ensuite with my own fireplace, just likes yours..”


 

Jennie took a deep breathe, “Don’t you hate this?”


 

He gulped back the rest of his drink in one guy then smashed down a biscuit. “I don’t that you’re just living in money,” he said, in between mouthfuls. “It takes the joy out of earning anything new..”

Jennie scooped up a handful of biscuits, “I like it when you’re not in your right state.” she said, taking large bites. “You’re so peaceful and mindful. I wish you could just stay drunk, or sick, or whatever.. You’re so angry all the time..”

He chewed his bottom lip, “My father was a good man,” he confessed, “But many people done him wrong...including your father. They used to be real friends.”

“Wow, really?”

He nodded, “Yes, really?”

She turned back for the romo, and her mind turned back for Baekhyun. She could feel him, wherever he was, lonely and distressed.

She stopped by the desk,where his phone was still on charge.

Night had given time to think carefully. What if she went through all his messages and discered that he really didn’t care for her as much as she hoped?

“Stop thinking about him,” called Kyungsoo from the balcony, “You’re in a life or death situation here; You’ve got a future to uphold and I’m going to be the one to take you there, not him...”

Jennie’s body reacted and she shot around, holding in a multitude of questions bursting inside of her…

“Did he really not asking about me?”

Her question came out more desperately than intended..

“I’m not telling you monkey.

I’m going to be the one to take you there. Not him…

 

***


At 5am, Taeyeon, Kyungsoo and Jennie entered the academy.

Jennie had dressed in her most beautiful cocktail gown, hemcut at the knee’s. Her hair straight and pulled back by a crystal headband. Her face fresh of makeup, just moisturizor to give her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter