Shorty Boy

Mr Angry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the middle of the night, Jennie woke up to see Kyungsoo, sitting on the foot of her bed. The gloom of flames transecent over the room.

His breathing was heavy, tonic scent drifting off of him. Shirtless, and only waering his pyjama pants. Feet bare.

She pulled up quickly and worry bounced within her.

What was wrong with him? What could’ve drawn him into her room so late at night?

“Kyungsoo? Are you alright?”

From his pocket, he withdrew a cigarette, lit the end, then inhaled a lengthy braethe. It was strong. Jennie could smell it aand it did not smell like ordinary tobacco.

“Kyungsoo!” she repeated.

“I’m not meant to start liking you!” he said, puffing out a circle of smoke, “My father would kill me. Your father would probably be happy, because then we could get married and he could call me his real son. And he could call you his real daughter...”

Jennie pulled out of the covers and crawled closer to him. Leaning a hand on the back of his shoulder, she asked in a soothing voice, “Kyungsoo, what are you hiding from me? I know about the friend who has a death sentence, but, what else is there? Why did that friend get there in the first place?”

He paused, took another swig:

“That friend was my only hope. He used to give me everything. Friendship. Money. Trust. And then one day, he gave me a little much trust and he told me something I never should’ve learned. And then I got angry at him for hiding that from me, tried to kill him literally and then he tried to kill me, and ended up killing the wrong person. A really powerful person. After that he was screwed but he didn’t call me out to the police...”


 

Jennie imaged the the figures in her mind. Kyungsoo standing a short distance from a friend. She could see Kyungsoo’s heart shaped face, younger and more innocent, but angry at the same time. The two friends glaring fiercely into eachothers eyes. A secret just revealed that broke the trust that was once existed, stone hard between them. And another figure in the distance, not knowing he was about to get hurt…

Maybe Jennie wasn’t imagining the right idea, but it was what her heart saw.

She leaned behind him, her head curving into his shoulder.

“What was the secret?” she whispered. He leaned forward, his head falling into his hands.

“I’m so jealous of you monkey,” he said, words muffled between his fingers. “Of everything you have. Of this beautiful life. I wish it was mine...I really do and I hate you for it. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter