Chapter 11

Mr Angry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Kyungsoo's porta-bed wobbled as the ambulance van rattled along the rainy highway.

A nurse was present, tearing off his apron and disinfecting his wounds.

Jennie watched from the porta-chair, shaking her head grievingly. How had this happened?

 Baekhyun was standing in the corner, with his hand over his face.

Jennie huffed,  "You know what Baekhyun?" 


"Yes?" he mumbled, his head hanging.

"Maybe I don't know Kyungsoo...but...maybe I don't actually know you either. What is wrong with you?" 

Baekhyun tightened his arms, "You know what Jennie?" he snarled.

"What?" she replied in a mock-happy-tone.  "What have I done?"

"If there's one skill you have, it's being a professional liar. I think you and your father may have that in common."

"Don't you see what you've done to him?"


"Oh what would you know?!" snapped Baekhyun. "I go to classes wtih him. I've trained with him for hours on end. You spend one night with him and suddenly you're bias of him?"

"Me?" she laughed, a sarcastic laugh.  "Bias of him? WHo is he compared to you? I just don't want you getting into trouble!" 

"JENNIE! Why can't you understand?! He started it!" he argued hotly.
 

"He did nothing worth being not unconscious! Not even I would go that far and yuo know I have a temper! "

 

Baekhyun looked upwards pursing his lips, as though there was no reasoning with her.

"WHy did you go and knock out my supervisor for?!" snapped Jennie.

"Because!" he growled, " I'm better than him.."

"Gosh, and? Your point is?"

"He got jealous and retaliated!" snapped Baekhyun.

She paused. "How could he get jealous of anyone?" she questioned, completely clueless.

"Never mind," grumbled Baekhyun. "Forget everything. And your stupid letter," he muttered under his breathe.

Jennie switched her focus to Kyungsoo, "He needs help," she yawned, exhaustedly. "You know this is going to be all over the  newspaper tommorow, right? Jennie Kims supervisor ends up in hospital by mysterious accident."

"Oh, since when do you read the articles you're in?" said Baekhyun. "If you did you would have seen the article from which you and Kyungsoo are walking down the mall in your swimsuits."

"oh, so you saw that and you're only telling me now.." she said annoyedly. 

The nurse who was wrapping Kyungsoo's wound began to snicker her breathe.
"Why do you care about his state?" scoffed Baekhyun, as though the very thought was laughable. "He did something to me and he hates you but you'll side with him?"

The van hit a bump, and Kungsoo's bed rolled aside. Baekhyun caught it with his foot and pushed it carelessly back into place.

"I don't care if he despises me." said Jennie, "You have to look after people that are sick. Even if they're nazi's, you still have to."

"You really must not like me anymore," muttered Baekhyun, glaring into the corner stacked with medical kits. 

Jennie rolled her eyes, "Well, that's the biggest joke of the century, everybody knows I'm in love with you."


The van stopped aruptly and Baekhyun's lips parted weakly, "W-What?" he uttered, his eyes empty.

"Never mind," mumbled Jennie, not realizing what she had said.

"B-But-"

"Never mind!" she snapped,.

The vandoors opened by two men. The nurse proceeded to roll Kyungsoo's porta bed down the extending ramp and Baekhyun watched as Jennie hurried outwards into the sobbing air. 


***

It was a long half-hour in the shiny white waiting room for Jennie. Baekhyun emerged frmo the door first, his chest tight and his eyes pained.

"What is it?!" moaned Jennie,

"He has limonia." he muttered. "The doctors wanted to ask if you've shared any food with him. Anything that could have spread the bacteria."

Jennie paused. THe kiss flashing back to mind.  She wasn't sure what to say.

"W-why does it matter? I'm not ill."

"Because even though the bacteria may not be affecting you now, it could affect you later," responded Baekhyun.

Jennie touched her lips and Baekhyuns brows furrowed sharply. His arms folding.

. "I need to see him," she said, moving toward the door.

You held out his arm to block her, "You can't go in there—"

"Move!" she snapped. He sighed then stepped aside, his face contorted with confusement.

She forced her way into Kyungsoo's room to find his friends Chen and Kai at his bedside. Both friends wore puffer jackets and track pants. It looked as though they had just come out of training, judging by sheen of sweat across their pink faces.

Upon seeing Jennie, they quietened.


"Sorry," apologized Jennie, swishing her damp hair to the side elegantly. "But I need to be alone with him,"

 Chen and Kai shared a small look before leaving the room. 
When she approacjde his bedside, her gaze became heavy with anxiety, "I must look so pathetic right now, standing here, knowing this is all my fault."

The steam from his breathing mask grew heavier.

"It's surprising isn't it?" she asked with a soft chuckle, "My father cares so much about my feelings. Who knew??"


Having said that, there was no response and her face twisted.  "How dare you mock me.." she said under her breathe. "I'm not some toy that you use to replace Lisa... how  dare you."
 

HIs eyes opened but she had already turned around, headed for the door. Chen and Kai were thrown back when she slammed it open, grueling with annoyance. She trudged past them, ignoring surprised watchers as she passed by: "Isn't that Jennie Kim?"

The fresh rain hit her face and her heels clunked under the damp sidewalk. THe hospital began to fafe behind. Her coat wavering in the wind. SHe passed se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter