chapter 10

Mr Angry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


A storm howled through the empty carpark as Jennie skimmed Kyungsoo's lifeless body along puddles and masses of rain.

"Hey Jennie!" came a voice. She turned right and spotted  Baekhyun leaning against her mercedes.  A calm, content gaze resting across his princely chiselled features. His dry jacket and jeans were protected by a dripping umbrella. Jennie's car-keys twirled in his fingers and he smiled . A broken smile.

Jennie broke into a run and Kyungsoo's body dragged painfully along puddles. The cuffs linking them together almost threatened to tear Jennie's wrist off, but she disregarded the pain.

Landing in front of Baekhyun, soaked and distressed, she choked, "H-he's s-sick!"

"I guess you two will need a driver?" said Baekhyun calmly.

Jennie nodded, and he closed up the umbrella swiftly.

 "Oppa, wh-why did you r-run off?" stuttered Jennie, as he turned around for the drivers door.

 He responded with his back turned, " I didn't want to open that door.."

"W-Why?" she asked, puzzled.

THe drivers door swung upwards and he swooshed back around, the tail of his lip quivering, "I just didn't want to open the door."

After that Jennie knew not to mention the incident again. 

.
The streaming roads paid no mercy as Baekhyun drove painfully slow, switching lanes again to avoid traffic jams.

kyungsoo coughed into Jennie's small shoulder and her skin burned from his heat. 
She  gazed out the window, trying to avoid  Baekhyuns presence. It didn't feel right to have Kyungsoo in her hold, while the love of her love was a seat in front of her.

Her mind flashed back to the mysterious kiss and her heart jumped suddenly.  Kyungsoo was a guy, yes. And clearly, she was a girl— an inexperienced one  at that.  So was the incident just a moment of lust which he couldn't control? 

"He hates me," she thought, watching a girl struggle down the sidewalk whilst holding several plastic bags.

A whisper drew into her mind, "Or maybe he likes you..." 

Jennie whipped the thought out of her mind. "Pull over," she ordered Baekhyun, much to his surprise.

"Why?" he asked, quite flustered. She had never bossed him around before,

"There's a girl on the street, I think we should give her a ride.." worried Jennie, "I wouldn't want her getting sick like Kyungsoo  here."

Baekhyun smiled in amazement and nodded, before reversing onto the sidewalk.

After winding down the window, he called out to the girl.

She rose her brows and stopped, puzzled,before proceeding to his window.

Jennie watched her draw in. She had big crimsen brown eyes and an adorable little face: small lips, a pointed chin, round cheeks. She looked older than jennie had assumed, probably sixteen years old.

Baekhyun had to yell over the downpour, "Me and my friends wanted to give you a ride!"

She furrowned her brows and bent her head  to glance toward Jennie and Kyungsoo in the back seat. Her eyes widened:

"Oh, thank you very much but-"

"How far are you headed!" asked Baekhyun urgently, coughing frmo the briskly cold. it had grown icier.

The girl was hesitant to respond. Her shoulders sagging as wind blew her soaked hair about.

"I'm headed  towards the third apartment building of castle street, down by the second block on the west side of the city!" 

"Okay, get in the passenger seat," he said briskly.

The girl nodded gratefully, and moved around. WHen the passenger seat door rose upwards, she shrieked.

"It's okay," piped up Jennie with a small smile, "that used to give me a freight too."

The girl smiled, then swooped down in the seat and dropped her bags at her feet. Baekhyun proceeded to drive.

 

The girl was just buckling her seatbelt when Baekhyun suddenly chuckled, "So, my names Baekhyun. And the two kids behind are Jennie and Kyungsoo. What's your name, may I ask?"

Jennie frowned. SInce when had he called her a kid?

The girl whipped around and flashed an awkward smile at Jennie and Kyungsoo before smiling at Baekhyun: "My name is Lee Ha. I've just started working for Shaewo Productions, but it's a little tough right now. You know, they don't pay me the best, hence the walking in the rain."

"Oh really?" asked Jennie, surprised. Hearing of her fathers buisness was always concerning, but also intriguing.  "How much do they pay you? May I ask?"

Surprised, Lee Ha uttered, "Well, I-I'm a personal assistant for one of the managers, Tyler. And he is charge of my wages, but only pays me half the specified amount."

Jennie nodded, eying Leeha from the rearview mirror. She had known of Tyler for a few years. He was a prominent, professional manager in her fathers eyes. Jennie had never met him knew of his superiority in her the shaewo productions.

"Why doesn't he pay you properly?" asked Jennie, to which Baekhyun sighed. 

"Oh, it's personal..." mumbled Leeha.

"Tell me now!" demanded Jennie, in an angry voice.

leeha jolted in feright, "O-Oh, well, honestly, the guy tried to kiss me but I pushed him off, and ever since then my wages have dropped."

"What?" gasped Jennie, "How old are you?" she asked in alarm.

"Twenty-two," responded Leeha, to both Jennie and Baekhyuns amazement.

"Well," said Jennie, while leaning into Kyungsoo tiredly. "I guess this is fate. I'll talk to my father as soon as possible."

"Your father?"

"Yes, He's the CEO of Shawol productions and I am his daughter, Jennie Kim."

Leeha release a tense groan, "Damn. I knew you looked familiar. Your father has photo's of you in his office."

"So, when should I talk to my father?" asked Jennie.

 

"Don't!" snapped the girl.

"Why?" asked Baekhyun, confused.

"Because then I'll be switched to another department. I enjoy my work but the pay is poor. That's the only concern I have. I'm over the kiss.."

"But is he over it?" asked Jennie with deep concern.

There came silence.

"Fine," said Jennie with an exhasperated sigh. "I'll have my fathers assistant organize your payments from now on, and you can keep working for him."

"How can you do that?" asked Baekhyun.

"I can just talk to my father, he'll do anything I ask if it concerns his buisness."

"ANd why would he trust you with such authority?" asked Baekhyun, this time in a synical tone.

"I had a lot to do with my fathers buisness development in it's early days," Jennie explained. "This may surprise you, but I was there when my father filmed his first advertisement AND I was the one who wrote the script and decided which models to hire. I also helped direct many of advertisements and I even got paid for them. So, my father has trusted me for a long time."

"Why is this the first time I'm hearing about this?" asked Baekhyun, to which the Leeha rose her brows, twitching in her seat. "And if your father trusts you so much in advertising, then why ain't you working towards that profession?"

Jennie felt like she was being scolded. There was an obvious envy in Baekhyuns smooth voice that made her quiver.

"Because, I love music more than buisness." said Jennie. "I don't care if I'm gifted or whatever at advertising. Because music is my dream."

"BUt you haven't written a song in months.." he responded.

"Yeah, because you stopped talking to me for months!" snapped Jennie angrilly. "I lost inspiration, okay?!"

"Um, you just drove past castle-street," pointed out Leeha, trembling slightly.

There came another wave of silence and Baekhyun released an exhasperated sigh, taking  unnecesarry turns through a long country road. From behind, he could breathing unevenly into Jennie's neck. She groaned, "stop it Kyungsoo, you're safe now.."


"What the hell is it Jennie?!" snapped Baekhyun hotly. "It's not like he's going to die okay?"
Jennie rose her brows, suddenly realizing that no music was playing. 
 

 Leeha glanced at the watch on her wrist.

"Umm, I don't know,," muttered Jennie, "I just need Kyungsoo to be okay..."

"What's wrong with him?" asked Leeha.

"Oh, it's a long story, but he's coming down with a fever."    

 

 

"ICrecream," responded Leeha, "That's help him."

As Jenie was about to respond, Baekhyun stopped aruptly at a traffic light turned around, his eyes fixated. "This is your fault but that doesn't mean you need to be so concerned over Kyungsoo. You don't anything about him.."


"Okay?" questioned Jennie slowly, "I don't know anything about kyungsoo. But I know everything about you.." 

He turned back around then drove past the traffic light, and made a turn at the round-about..

"This is so awkward,"  piped up Leeha. "I'm in a car with the big Boss's daughter and her boyfriend and some sick guy."

Baekhyuns foot slammed down and the car sped forward for a swift six seconds. He laughed, face red as the storm continued to pour. Leeha didn't utter another word and seemed as though she were begginging to regret accepting the ride. 

 

 

Jennie bent forward and tapped onto the back of Leeha's chair, "It's okay," she whispered, just audible enough for Baekhyun to not hear.


"I can see that Kyungsoo is ill," said Baekhyun while Jennie leaned back. "so...I'm guessing nothing really happened last night, right?" 

"What do you mean?' asked Jennie, eying Leeha whose small lips were pursed.
 

"I mean...he didn't do anything because he was ill, correct?" said Baekhyun sharply.

Jennie cringed sheepishly then puffed her cheeks,  "Once again what do you mean?" 

"Well, let me tell you something," began Baekhyun, "Last time he was sick..He thought I was Lisa. And he almost well, kissed me. Luckily, I was able to knock some sense into him."

Leeha, who seemed quite terrified just a moment ago, suddenly burst into laughter.

"Wait, you know him?" assumed Baekhyun toward Leeha. 

"Of course!" she said, "Everyone at work knows about Kyungsoo. His dad is one of the cleaners and he's always bragging about how one day Kyungsoo's gonna make it big and everyone's gonna regret treating him so poorly."

"They treat him poorly?" asked Baekhyun.

Leeha sighed, "It's the same for me and Mr. Do. I'm a personal assistant. He's a cleaner. We're both outcasts. EVeryone likes to pick on us cause we get less than minimun wage and we don't own a car, and you know...the list goes on."

"Are you serious?" intervinde Jennie, growing hot and propping herself into a straight position. "My fathers work bullies you and Kyungsoo's dad?"

Leeha laughed, a tiresome laugh, "Of course." Then she turned to Baekhyun quite excitedly, "So what's this about Kyungsoo kissing people?"
 

Jennie felt Kyungsoo's chest tighten under her fingers, his back sinking into the leather beside her. She could feel him not wanting to expose anything about him.
"Every time he's ill from a fever," explained Baekhyun, "He hallucinates whoever he's with as Lisa and tries to kiss them. It's very embarrassing."

"Oh really!" laughed Leeha, "and why?"

Baekhyun glanced at Jennie who had grown pale.

 "Can you guys keep a secret?" asked Baekhyun in a low voice.

They nodded in response.

"Years ago, when Kyungsoo had a fever, he almost kissed Lisa but didn't quite get around to it. And so now, every time he's sick, his mind returns to that place and he thinks he has to finish that kiss. HIs mind will literally transform any person he see's into Lisa."

Leeha choked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter