Chapter 1: The Club

Mr Angry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Reader! PLEASE READ THE FOREWARD BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE REVISED VERSION OF THIS STORY! PLEASE READ IT NOW! STOP READING THIS CHAPTER AND GO BACK AND READ IT NOW! READ IT!!!!)

 

A/N: I have tweaked alot in this story. Like I mentioned in the foreward (THAT YOU HAVE TO READ) I have added a lot of surprising turns and events. This is like Mr Angry 2.0

 

I realized that Jennie's character was very poorly plotted and didn't actually make much sense. So I rewrote her so that she would be more relatable, but still carry out the same storyline. I redesigned the story so that Jennie realistically comes from a billionaire family, Kyungsoo's behavior has a story behind it that you'll get to see, Taeyeon will come into Jennie's life a lot more:

The beggining 

 

 

No matter how many storm clouds scrambled across the wide, river coated city, the doorbell of #1 Walo street Mansion wouldn't stop buzzing. Under Jennie's instruction, her maid was not to answer. 

Surely—it would be her study mentor or even more accurately—a monster; Ready to devour Jennie's a-d-d mind right into the dephs of mathematical and English hell. Those itchy little skills that most daughters of billionaires felt the need to aquire, but Jennie—in recent years— rejected. 

 

Friday night bit off her second week of the summer holidays and she stared blankly into her mirror. Maid Wu knitted tiny diamond bows through the nests of Jennie's top half of hair, allowing the remaining locks to tussle down her slender back.  The fireplace crackled from behind.

 

"Maid Wu?" asked Jennie, with a cheeky little smile. As though she weren't distraught from the previous week: Failing highschool graduation, falling frmo a tree, parents leaving for vacation without her.

"Yes? Ma'am?"

"Why don't we go out for dinner?" asked Jennie, shining her brilliant white teeth. "Maybe drink champage as well? I'll pay. My parents won't be back from their trip for a while so even if they find out, they'll probs' forget."

Maid Wu didn't respond and finished zipping the back of Jennie's red lace dress up, silk floating around her back, revealing a nice U of spine.

"Maid Wu, how come you never talk to me?" complained Jennie, pouting with her best effort. 

Again, no response. 

"If I were a maid, would you talk to me?" asked Jennie.

This question finally earned her a response:

"Under strict order from your mother, I am not—in any way—allowed to attach myself to the masters of this household. I have told you this many times before, Ma'am."

Jennie shot a confused glare through the mirror, "You still listen to my mother even when she's not here?" she huffed with genuine disgust. "My mother talks smack about you. Who cares what that cow thinks."

Maid Wu didn't respond. "Ouch!"

The maid had pulled a lock of hair rather hard.

Jennie groaned and brought her twitching fingers close to examine: One authentic Queen-victorian ring won by auction in London. A silver piece bracelett on her wrist—the very same bracelet Queen Cleopatra recieved from Julias caesor during a love confession. And a  black diamond carefully fixed into a rich-red flowered cut—custom made in Hawaii.

Meaningless gifts from her meaningless mother.

 

"Maid Wu?" asked Jennie, twisting around on her seat to see the exhausted middle aged woman had made for the night-withering-windows.

"Yes ma'am?" she responded, back still turned as she closed up curtains.

"You have been looking after me since I was a baby. In my life, you have seen me more than my own parents. You knew my father before I was born, correct?"

"Yes."  muttered the maid, almost shamefully, tossing a log into the fireplace and turning the temperature up. 

"Then you must know alot of things.." said Jennie, more sharply than she intended.

It was this one statement that left Maid Wu hurrying around the  brilliant suite-room, scooping up dirty laundry and closing the curtains to the verander before leaving with a quick "Good night Miss Jennie."

Jennie got up, not al all ready to go to sleep after asking her maid style her hair in such grace. She busked into her double-doored wardrobe:

Her eyes travelled past the gloriously beautiful Crystal shelves of custom-designed high-heels and aisles of clothing. Only one shelf- made of wood, contained any sentimental value in this room of prestige. The cardboard boxes stuffed with mementors  she had collected over the years. Such as the poem she'd written for Baekhyun two years ago, or the broken tennis racket she'd accidentally knicked from elementory school.

She stopped in front of the "Graduation ball" her mother had ordered a while back. It sloped on it's manequin brilliantly and Jennie felt sorry for the people who had made it. 

“Gosh, how embarassing,” Jennie whispered.

 

Changing out of her own red dress, she scooped up a handful of second-hand clothes she’d bought a while ago: Straggly black tights and slimming yellow lemon-crop top. Just for this one night, she would dress like an ordinary girl. Not the heir of a billionaire.

 

"Yo Yo YO! JENNIE-BABY LALISA IS IN DA HOUSE!” came a scream somewhere outside her bedroom door, echoing down the  hall.

Jennie gasped , “Come in Lisa!” she called, hoping her voice had reached her friends ears.

 

She heard her bedroom door open, then footsteps bounce across her fluffy rugs. The closet door opened and Lisa appeared—as blonde and leggy as ever—sparkly shadowed eyes beaming: “Jennie!”

 

She leaped through the closet and squeezed Jennie into a sisterly sort of embrace,  “So what are we gonna do today?”

 

Jennie gushed into her friends shoulder, “Well Lisa, actually, I was just thinking that-”

Lisa pulled back, eyes sharp, “ACtually, did you answer the door today?”

Jennie looked away, awaiting the common lecture.

"You can’t keep hiding every time!” Lisa started, “Eventually, you’re going to have to face your study mentor! You're already scared off your supervisor and your dad told me he's gonna hire you another one! One that definitely won't run away!"

Jennie rolled her eyes. 

"..Don’t you know how embarassed your father is right now? All the guys at work were laughing about that stunt you pulled. Somehow, it got around. You're so-”

 

“Don’t you start too!” said Jennie angrily. “All I do is live my own life and somehow, everyone knows everything that's happening in it?  And besides, I don’t who the study mentor is! What if it’s Taeyeon?”

Lisa laughed in ridicule, “You’re far too paranoid Jennie. Taeyeon may be important to y-your father—“

“You just stuttered,” interrupted Jennie.

Lisa rose her brows and her arms shook a little, “Actually,” she said, suddenly seeming quite eager to change the subject. “Maybe we can let all that go for now—Oh!—I forgot to mention!”

She bounced with a giddy smile that made Jennie swell up inside. Worried.

 

“I received a letter!” announced Lisa, “I passed the audition! I’m going to be scouted into a E-Music academy as an official trainee! Can you believe it?”

"Wait- what the hell?" Jennie sneered,  "Have you always wanted to attend the academy?"

Lisa read the suspicious gaze in Jennie's eyes and the topic ended there.

“I know what will cheer you up,” teased Lisa, relieving Jennie with a smile, "Byun Baekhyun."

And there it was. That incredible feeling rIsing like a sea of wild diamonds— crystallizing into Jennie's bloodstream—Making her tingle. Hearing Baekhyuns name was enough to send her into space.

“Why don’t we invite him over for a movie?” Jennie suggested, imagining her body curl into him on the couch while he held her waist and whispered cute things into her ear every so often. Lisa snorted, "On a Friday night? Seriously?”

THe imaginary couch engulfed into flames and the TV burst.

“If you want to get him to notice you, you need to let her hair down. Let out the beast Jennie.”

 

“I have let out the beast," snarled Jennie, becoming quite annoyed. “I've even tried to kiss him because you told me to. And he actually pushed me off, and then I had to pretend I was drunk. Remember?"

Now Lisa was rolling her eyes.

"And then, I got so depressed that I actually got drunk, and now look at me. I'm alchohol obsessed,  and I've put on weight.” Jennie pointed out.

 

Lisa placed her hands on Jennie’s shoulders, “Well, it's cuter to have a little weight than NONE." She tightened her fingers around against Jennie's top arms, “And don't forget that he's not a child anymore. He's becoming his own person and doesn't need you."

Jennie tried not to feel the stab in her stomach. It was too vivid and too strong. Baekhyun was no longer that innocent little boy who swung on tree’s and swum in the public lake to save duckies that flipped on their backs.

Now, he was an icon of desire: Stunningly beautiful—dark winged eyes, prominent features, an elf-like face shape. And slender, but fit.  His words often left everlasting impacts on Jennie's memory—his most recent words being: "No matter how many steaks I eat at the restaurant, I still prefer the cheap noodles that Chanyeol buys me. They don't taste better but make me more relaxed. It's funny, right?"

Jennie's smile was dazzling, dreamy.   Even her fathers private music academy had made Baekhyun the face of their billboard which sat in the middle of the city square. 

 “Where is he?” she asked, in the midst of a daydream

“At the club,” answered Lisa. Jennie frowned and the daydream quickly drowned into a room of drug lords.

Since when did Baekhyun hit the clubs? Then Lisa added, “Supposedly, he's rehearsing for a music video project for training, but, yeah right...”

She laughed, a naughty laugh, hands still on Jennie’s shoulders— then swallowed down a choking breathe. Jennie was glaring.

"Girl, you ain't the only one obsessed with Baekhyun." reminded Lisa, "He's the most popular boy in school—even Taeyeon fell head over heels for him. Even I liked him once. Sometimes, I think I sitll do, haha.”

Jennie’s teeth began to chatter. BUt not because of Lisa's teasing. It was hearing that disturbing mention.. THe name Taeyeon.

Lisa, realizing her second mistake, heightened her voice, “We’ve gotta hit that club before some girl snatches up Baekhyun. He's such a newbie to the club, this is your chance Jen-Jen. Are you ready??”

Jennie was hesitant. What if Baekhyun really was at the club to rehearse a music video? What then? "Okay," decided Jennie. "I'll hear you out."

“Well, I have an idea, as to how you can confess to him...But, promise me that if you fail then you will try, at least once, to answer the door for your study tutor.”

Her eyes were dead serious and made Jennie tremble with a slight mortification.

"Hell no!" snapped Jennie, "I hate studying even more than the idea of Baekhyun going with another girl!"

THe words had left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter