Chapter 14

Hide and Seek

Momo woke up by the sudden movement on her bed. She groggily open her eyes and was greeted by Tzuyu who is hugging her like a bear.

Since when did she entered here? Momo thought.

She slowly removed Tzuyu's arms around her and made her way towards the bathroom. She did her morning routine and cooked breakfast for the two of them. As she is busy cooking for their breakfast, she saw the clock above stating it's still 7:00 in the morning.

Why did I woke up so early? I have nothi- OH SHT!

Momo suddenly turned off the stove and ran upstairs where she left Tzuyu sleeping a while ago. When she reached her room, she saw Tzuyu sleeping peacefully and being curled up on her bedsheet.

"Tzu?" Momo said earning no response from Tzuyu.

"Tzu, wake up we have classes today! Tzu!" Momo patted the younger's shoulder to wake her up which seems effective since she slowly open her eyes.

"Unnie? What time is it?" Tzuyu asked.

"It's 7, and class starts at 7:30. Hurry up and fix yourself then go downstairs, I'll be preparing the breakfast. Come, wake up Tzu." Momo softly said. 

"Okay, unnie." Tzuyu replied and went to the bathroom.

Momo prepared for their breakfast and also prepared for herself while Tzuyu is preparing above. After they are done, they ate breakfast and get ready to go to school. 

Jeongyeon texted her that they are already in the school since Momo isn't answering their call a while ago in which Momo was still sleeping at that time.

Because they are near to be late, Momo decided to just use her motorcycle which Tzuyu agreed on.

She parked her motorcycle near Jeongyeon's car and as she just attends school today, many talked about her as they walked towards the office since Tzuyu needs to get her schedule and Momo needs to show up to JYP. Tzuyu excused herself and said that she needs to use the bathroom so Momo let her and decide to go to the office first.

When Momo is about to open the door in the office, someone just came out of it, and what a great morning to start her day.

"Oh, you're back. Such a nice leave for a transferee, isn't it?" Mina said as she met Momo.

"Yes, I'm back, you can see me right?" Momo backfired.

"You don't know how to respect the officials, huh?" Mina said, well, this is her key for everyone who fights back which is seldom because no one really have the guts to until this blondie came.

"I know how to respect, but if the one who should be receiving it contains that character, I am always thinking twice before doing it. So if you'll excuse me, I still have to report to the principal for my return, Ms. President." Momo entered the office without waiting for Mina's reply which cause the latter to be mad again.

"That blondie really manages to pissed me off." Mina said before leaving and went to her classroom as the class will start soon.

Tzuyu on the other hand crossed paths with Mina so they didn't meet each other and straight out to the office. She entered the office and saw Momo and JYP talking to each other.

JYP is about to greet Tzuyu but she stop him from doing it.

"Good morning JYP-nim. Go on, and continue what you are talking. I'll be waiting here." Tzuyu said as she sat in the couch comfortably but with a posture.

Tzuyu knows the hidden identity of Momo and the others, so she knows that they are talking about that. She is a trainee on JYP's company, she is said to be ready-to-debut but she said that she will wait for her unnie to reveal herself first before debuting but she knows that won't happen so she only needs to wait for the right time to debut.

"As what I am saying, I'll be focusing here first, old man. I already finished what is needed in that comeback and I'll just wait for the announcements." Momo said.

"Okay, my ace. Just don't let this be suspicious okay?" JYP said.

"Yes, yes. We promised to you that we will enter this academy so it's only fair if I enter regularly." Momo explained.

"Thank you, my ace." JYP said and smiled like a proud father.

"It's nothing. And please don't call me that in here." Momo said.

"Okay, only if you stop calling me old man." Momo scoffed as JYP said that.

"We gotta go, anyway, where's Tzuyu's schedule?" Momo asked.

JYP get the schedule on his cabinet and gave it to Momo before bidding goodbye to Tzuyu.

"Welcome back Tzuyu. I hope you won't leave again huh." JYP said.

"Of course. All is settled already in our business. And I will stay here since Momo-unnie enrolled here." Tzuyu followed Momo outside as she speaks with JYP.

"Aish that brat, really." JYP shook his head and proceed and reading newspaper.

"Tzu, you go to your room okay? I'll be heading to mine." Momo said and take the way upstairs.

"Okay, bye unnie!" Tzuyu said and steal a kiss from Momo's cheeks and quickly went to her room.

Momo went straight to her room and her dance class will start soon. As Mom walk her way, screams filled the room as they saw Momo again. Jeongyeon and the maknaes already have their fan clubs within the month they are in the academy, although Momo isn't present, she have the biggest fan club among their group so it's not a shock for the screams to be heard.

The screams caught her off guard that she almost lost her balance but she is being caught by someone from falling. She looked behind her and saw Jihyo smiling at her.

"Hi Mo! Welcome back." Jihyo greeted her with a binding smile. 

Who can be alive after seeing this? Momo thought.

"Good Morning too, Jihyo. Yeah, I hope it will be a nice comeback." Momo greeted back and they both enter the class. Screams are added when Jihyo showed up but quickly fading when she told them to be quiet.

They sat on the chairs in front of Jeongyeon who has her head on the table. Momo seeing this went to her and whispered to her ear.

"Jeong, your leggos are broken." Momo whispered and quickly moved away and counts to 5 which confused Jihyo and she mouthed "wait for it" .

"1.. 2... 3...4....5-"

"WHO BROKE IT?!" Jeongyeon hastily stood up catching everyone's attention including the populars who are waiting for Sana to arrive.

"Who broke what?" Jihyo asked clearly confused on what is happening.

Jeongyeon shocked on what she did looked behind her and saw Momo holding her laugh who seems to enjoyed the scene a while ago.

"Hirai!" Jeongyeon said as she was about to punch Momo but she easily dodged it and burst out laughing as she can't take it anymore.

The two seems to enjoy their bickering as they didn't noticed that everyone are looking at them, amazed by their bubbly aura. This is the first time they saw the two like that and not having a poker face all the time.

But there are people who is really shocked and fascinated on what's happening.

Nayeon, Mina and Jihyo is stunned with the scenario in front of them. Seeing Momo laughing like a normal student? That's so shocking.

Like what I thought. Momo has a soft side.
What a pretty laugh she had.
She is really mysterious.

They thought but the populars quickly looked away to avoid rumors. The two only stopped fighting when Jihyo coughed which caught their attention and realized what they did.

Jihyo smiled at the two when she noticed that they returned to their "normal" self. Momo sat on her seat and they all waited for their instructor to arrive.

After how many minutes, Mr. Lee entered the room and greeted his students.

"Good Morning everyone. I won't take your time that long. I just want to remind you that next week you will have your performance already. I also prepared a special task on that day so be prepared. Lastly, welcome back Momo! Hope you will make up for your absence on your performance, 'kay?" Momo nodded.

They are preparing to go to their respective practice room, when someone suddenly barged in their room. Sana is sweaty and has a face like a tomato. She was running late because she overslept, practicing their Momo and her's performance.

"You're late, Sana. " Mina said.

"Yeah, that's unusual for you." Nayeon butted in.

"I'm sorry. I overslept." She explained and the two nodded before leaving her to her groupmates.

"You ready? You look tired."  Jihyo asked.

"I'm okay, don't worry. Let's go." She said and went to their practice room.

They are practicing when Momo noticed Sana seems pale. She requested a break which is granted so the others went outside to eat something. Only Momo and Sana are left because Jihyo needs to give something to the office so Jeongyeon helped her.

She went to the cafeteria and bought drinks and a bread and quickly return to their practice room. She saw Sana still practicing their performance even though it is their break time.

"You know, it's not bad to have a break." Momo said which shocked Sana causing her to stumble on her feet and lost her balance. She closed her eyes waiting for the impact but all she felt was an arms circling her waist and she opened her eyes to be greeted by Momo's one.

For a sudden contact, Momo's eyes seems familiar but she can't figure out who is that.

"Be careful. Come on let's eat." Momo said as she sat leaned on the mirror so Sana copied her.

"You eat. I'm not going to, I'm full." But luck isn't on Sana's side because after she said that, her stomach growled which embarrassed her.

"I'll pretend that I didn't hear that. Now eat." Sana has no choice but to eat with Momo.

"Why can't she be like you?" Momo suddenly asked.

"Who?" Sana replied.

"Your friend, Ms. Pres. She is always grumpy and having a high pride. She acts like she owns everything, like she's a queen." Momo rants.

"Sorry about her. But believe it or not, she is really soft and kind. She just doesn't show it to others but I don't know, she limits herself on showing it to us also." Sana explained. Se is saddened with the memories before. She missed their maknae-Mina, the real Mina. She holds her tears that are threatening to fall.

Momo noticing this, patted her head and comforts her.

"Whatever she have in her mind, I know there's a reason." Momo feels like she is talking about herself.

She won't hide it, Mina and her are the same. They limits themselves even if towards their friends. but Momo is slowly bringing back her old self to her friends because she knows that will be the true happiness in their group.

And even though she hates Mina, she wishes the best for Mina to overcome whatever reason she have to hide her true self to her dear friends especially this soft girl who she is comforting right now.