Chapter 17

Hide and Seek

One more performance and it will be the maknaes' turn. But here they are on the dressing room where Momo is getting ready for her turn.

"Unnie, are you okay?" Chaeyoung worriedly said.

"Don't worry about me cub, you prepare now, it will be your turn." Momo said.

"But we're worried about you!" Dahyun shouted and they are about to cry. Although sometimes their unnie has her emotionless self, they can still feel the care and love their unnie gives to them and she is their special family they can ever have.

Momo seeing this, immediately engulfed the two in a hug. She doesn't want to see her maknaes' crying, or if ever she saw them crying, she will hunt the person behind those tears.

One time, Chaeyoung went out with her friend and then she came back crying and locking herself in Momo's spare room. So Momo immediately went to the house of Chaeyoung's friend and even tried to hurt her until she heard her phone ringing with a ringtone that is only for the THS Crew.

Until then, she really tried hard not to freak out when she see her maknaes' crying or else she won't have any idea what to do. 

"Like I said, I'm fine guys. Now, all you need to do for me to be okay is to make your performance successful, okay?" Momo said without breaking the hug.

"Yes unnie." The maknaes' said.

"Good, because I recommend that since I knew you both suit it so fighting!" Momo cheered.

"I see, so you are having that moment without me, huh?" Jeongyeon pouted when she saw the three.

"Aish, come here you ostrich!" Momo said. Jeongyeon happily obliged as she hugs her group and cheered each other's performance. The maknaes' went out backstage to prepare leaving the two in the dressing room.

Jeongyeon's cheerful face before changed into serious one when she looked at Momo.

"What?" Momo asked.

"You need to explain later, peach. I don't care if you are our leader, but you made me hella worried!" Jeongyeon said which earned a smack from Momo.

"Yah! I'm trying to be serious here!" She added.

"I'll tell you later. Come on, let's watch our maknaes." Momo said and pulled Jeongyeon with her looking for a seat where they can watch their maknaes on performing, luckily, Jihyo saved them a seat in front of the stage so the view is clear.

They went out the dressing room not noticing the two figures in the corner silently watching them and saw all the chats and sweetness they have between their group.

-------
“ And now, for our last performance in sophomores, the duo Son Chaeyoung and Kim Dahyun!” As soon as the MC introduced the two, the curtain went to the end sides showing Chaeyoung and Dahyun in the middle and soon cheers erupted from the audience.

Dahyun positioned herself in front of the piano and Chaeyoung settled her guitar for a few strumming before checking their mics. They saw their unnies in front and Momo just happily cheered on them making them more motivated.

Dahyun started their performance by playing the introduction in piano followed by Chaeyoung strumming the guitar.

As they play their instruments they started to sing naturally like they are just performing. Although Dahyun doesn’t perform much, she is a great singer, she just wants to focus on playing a piano, but if she do both, everyone will loose their mind.

(* is Dahyun’s and - Chaeyoung’s) 

-You are beautiful just as you were yesterday
No, you’re more beautiful than you were yesterday
When I say something like this – You always
Change subjects pretending you didn’t hear anything

*I had really sweet dreams yesterday
I don’t wanna tell you now
Because I’m too shy, and also it’s known
not very good to tell someone this kind of thing


Cheers started to get louder because who wouldn’t? These performers are in a high class. They are all shocked about these two, they are now also wondering about the skills of the older transferees.


*Dream that I can never have again
That was really sweet
I think you are just like the dream
-Dream that I get to keep thinking
about all day, That was really sweet
That’s you

*Lalalala hmm~
-Lalalala hmm~

-People say we’re really cute couple
I know, she knows, actually I also think so
But sometimes I get worried about you
And then I feel sad alone

*Hmm, you’re telling a lie
With the look full of confidence
But that’s so sweet to hear
That is

*Dream, that I can never have again
That was really sweet
I think you are just like the dream
-Dream that I get to keep thinking
about all day – That was really sweet
That’s you

*Well, I don’t care
Even if you’re a sweet liar
-Well, I don’t care
Cause I will make you believe

(Both) Dream when you look
at me just like that
I feel like you’re so mine
Dream that makes me want to
fall asleep again – Such a sweet dream
That’s you

No one can deny that their voice harmoniously blends towards each other. Momo suggested this song because she knows to herself as a producer that the song suits their maknaes and she is proud of them.

Their performance ended and soon claps and cheers get louder and louder, like the gym will about to explode. Momo, Jeongyeon and Jihyo stand up and smiled on the maknaes who are happy that their performance was a success. 

Chaeyoung looked at Momo and smiled, showing her dimples and Momo showed her thumbs up clearly signifying that it was indeed a success for the maknaes.

The three went backstage because it will be their turn to perform. The maknaes motivated them before sitting on their seats before to cheer on their unnies. Tzuyu saw them and decided to sit beside them to watch the performance.

At the backstage, each team are grouped together to warm up. Momo’s team is now talking about the things they need to do.

“Okay, this is it. Our first activity and yet it seems our final.” SinB said towards their group which earned a nod from each of them.

“We can do this guys.” Jackson said.

“Okay, let’s show them how powerful we are.” Jihyo and Jeongyeon said. All of them put their hands in the middle to have their cheer.

All of them send their message before putting their hands in the middle, and Momo is the last one to do it. 

“Although I did not participate and practice a lot, I promise that I will show my skills to everyone later and let them know that we can rock it.” Momo said which made them more motivated to end this performance successful.

“Aww, such a sweet message you have there.” Nayeon said as she approached the other group.

“Why are you here?” Jeongyeon said.

“Why? I am not allowed to cheer the other team?” Nayeon smirked as she enjoys teasing the transferees.

“Nayeon, just do that later. We are performing.” Sana warned and so Nayeon just followed. She doesn’t want to meet Sana’s wrath if it wakes up.

“Okay okay. I just want to wish you luck!” She went to her group but not without glaring at Momo and Jeongyeon who doesn’t give any attention to her just now.

The group of Momo is now entering the stage since they are the one who will perform first and the crowd are all excited since the two of the Ace and two transferees are in one group so they are expecting it to be a blast.
They all went to the side except Jackson and SinB who will perform first, then Jeongyeon and Jihyo, then it will be Momo and Sana, the group performance will be their last since Momo and Sana are the one who will lead it.

Everything for now is fine, and Momo wishes that it will be until the end as she hopes that she won't destroy their performance.