Chapter 18

Hide and Seek

It is the time of Momo's class performance and everyone are all excited because the aces are performing including the two hot transferees.

Momo isn't excited as she should be whenever she dances because today she is nervous for the reason that she is anxious whether she will perform better or her injury might hurt her. Her thoughts came to halt when Sana went beside her as they wait for the MC to introduce them.

"We are not that close, but are you okay?" Sana worriedly asked.

"Thanks for worrying Minatozaki but I am fine." Momo replied.

"Is that so? Never thought we will go to last name basis, huh?" Sana smiled.

Momo noticed the uneasiness on Sana's voice, she is not dense okay?

"Oh sorry about that, it's that just I'm not used on calling people I'm not close with their name." Momo explained.

"Is that so? But I'm fine if you call me by my name though." Sana suggested with her smile.
 Momo calmed herself before she pinches this girl's cheeks.

"Errm, is that what you want? You know that your friends and mine aren't in a good term." Momo reminded Sana who just laughed at her.

"Yes, and you know what? I found it interesting that finally, someone who can tame us came in the picture." Sana said which confused Momo

What does she mean by that? Momo thought.

Before Momo asks Sana about that the MC begins to introduce them in the crowd.

"Okay, let's do this, Minato- Sana." Momo cheered which made Sana smiled.

"And now for the first performance from class 3-A, here we have the combination of the two of the Aces, transferees and the dancers, please welcome the Group A!" MC said and Momo took it as a cue to go in the stage.

The Group A positioned themselves and not minding the shouts from the crowd. Momo looked at Sana and smiled reassuring her that everything will be okay.

The group's song played signaling them to start their dance.

The first partner to perform is Jackson and SinB who showed a great choreography earning shouts and cheers from the crowd. These two are known for their charismatic movements which are clearly visible everytime they perform.

After their part, Jihyo and Jeongyeon entered the stage, showing their improvised choreography made by Jeongyeon and has been improved by Momo when she came for their practice. Everyone is shocked when they saw Jeongyeon's performance. 

Her fans began to cheer for her as she sweep the stage with their energetic and clear dance. It is visible that combining the two became a blast. They ended their performance with a swift and Jeongyeon posed ily which made Momo cringed.

Claps erupted from the crowd, all are satisfied with the first two performance but all the cheers died down when Sana and Momo came in the picture. They are at first sitting in the middle, waiting for the beat to start their dance.

They looked at each other, smiling, feeling the song within them as if it is a natural background. They dance with all of their passion being poured in it. Sana showed her hips movements as Momo lead her body to swift on its way.

If you are watching these two from afar, you will be fooled thinking that they are very close because of their intimate eye contact to each other. Their chemistry is no joke for this one. 

It is a privilege if you dance with one of the aces and you will feel so little when you dance with them. But with Momo dancing with Sana? You won't feel that. It's as if Momo is one of the aces that they are talking about. But no, she is just a transferee who happened to be almost absent on their practices.

Mina, who is watching from afar, is really captivated to the girl dancing in front of her eyes. She follows every movement, feeling it as if she is the only person watching the girl. She is so shocked to see Momo performing. She is expecting that Momo will ruin their performance but here she is, enjoying the stage to herself.

As she is watching carefully, she noticed the expression of Momo whenever she lands on her feet. A sudden wave of guilt passed to her. Is it because of what happened? She thought.

The performance of the two finished with their bow and soon their other members joined them for a group performance. It is shocking to receive high amount of shouts and cheers from the crowd who are all captivated by the performance, additionally, by the transferees.

Mina went back to the backstage because they are the next and the last to perform. Two more groups after Momo's then it's their turn. 

-----
Group A's performance is done with a great outcome from the crowds. They can't believe that they finished their first task successfully. They went to their places in front to watch the other performer when Sana when to Momo who is fixing her things.

"Hey." Sana approached Momo who turned back to her.

"Oh hey there, Sana-ssi." Momo greeted back.

"Thank you for being my partner today. We did a good job." Sana said.

"No, I should be the one to thank you. I did nothing, and it is better if you are not group with me again." Momo said who is not satisfied with her cooperation back then because of her busy schedule.

"Why did you think that it is better if we are not in a group again? Can't you see that you became our brain even if you practice late? When we aren't complete, we can't think of steps that fits the tempo, we can't think of the songs that we must perform, we can't practice with motivation." Sana explained.

"At first, I'm in verge of crying because our group is not improving and with your absence it is impossible to pass this activity. Even though it's just an activity, it is shows our skills and I am scared to fail because of that. Our members are saying that you might bring us down. But what happened? When you came, you fix all the mistakes, you fix the steps and songs and especially you made us perform naturally." Sana added.

Momo suddenly feels more guilty because of this, she almost fail her members. 

"I know we are not close, but I know you have skills that everyone wants to have even me, and I want to be in your group again, Momo." Sana smiled at her.

She is shocked that this girl in front of her puts so much trust to her that it hurts her. It hurts her to think that she might bring them down because of her schedules. Not a typical Momo, but she wants to protect and help this girl.

"Thank you for that, Sana-ssi." Momo said hanging her head down because she is embarrassed.

"It's okay, just promise me that we will be partners in some time." Sana said raising her pinky finger in front of Momo.

"Okay. I promise." Momo attached her pinky finger to Sana's sealing their promises. It sounds childish but she doesn't want to break this promise she made. 

"Aww, I missed my best friends' performance because of my speech." Sana pouted as she was about to go out to meet her friends when she suddenly stop and face Momo.

"You owe me a coffee there, Momo." Sana smirked and ran away before Momo can answer.

Momo just laughed at Sana's antic. She thought it's cute to have that character when you are being known as a scary type of ace.

"You two seem close, huh?" Jeongyeon s her arms around Momo's shoulder.

"Shut up, Yoo." Momo said and pinched Jeongyeon's arm.

"Aww. No need to be brutal, Raccoon!" Jeongyeon slipped and Momo glared at her.

"Sorry about that." Jeongyeon smiled at Momo but she suddenly remembered something that needs a discussion.

"I think we need to go to our lounging room, we have something to talk about." Jeongyeon returned to her serious face.

"Okay, okay." Momo said as they both went out to look for their maknaes who are just talking to their professor about something.

The maknaes saw them and waved at them to wait for them, and they ran to their unnies.

"Such a great performance, unnies!" Chaeyoung said as she hugged Momo like a koala.

"Thanks." Their unnies said.

"Anyway, we want to tell you something!" Dahyun exclaimed.

"Okay, Momo also have something to explain. Let's go." Jeongyeon said and made their way to their lounging room inside the principal's office.

------

 

Hello! I'm sorry for not updating regularly. It's just that I am having a hard time now since I want to fast things up here because of the upcoming research, entrance exam for colleges, and exams. I think that this story is not making a good story, sorry about that. Bu since I started this, all I want to do is to finish this. So please, bear with me. Thank you!