Chapter 16

Hide and Seek

It’s the day of their performance but it became a showcase which includes the second year so meaning, they will have different performance.

The maknaes are happy since they can watch their unnies to perform and vice versa. They are all settled in their gym which the teachers set up to look like a concert venue. Many students are already on the bleachers ready to cheer and hunt some new crush.

The performers are all in the backstage, Jeongyeon and the maknaes are in the corner since they are having a problem right now.

“Where is that peach?!” Jeongyeon said as she contacts Momo who is nowhere to be found.

“She said that she is on her way before but suddenly we can’t contact her. What’s wrong?” Chaeyoung said.

“The performance is about to start. She must come on time of the performance.” Dahyun said.

“Excuse me? Uhhm, I’m wondering if you see Momo?” Sana suddenly showed up which cause Jeongyeon to jumped back, shocked due to the sudden appearance of her classmate.

“Momo-unnie is now-”

“She is on her way.” Jeongyeon cutted Dahyun who is about to say that Momo is nowhere to be found.

“Is that so? Thank you Jeongyeon-ssi.” Sana said before leaving the three on the corner to go to her friends.

“Why didn’t you say that Momo is not answering?” Chaeyoung asked.

“She received too much stress from Momo, let’s not spice it up, okay? Now, I’ll ask PD-nim if he saw her.” Jeongyeon said and went out of the gym to go to the Principal’s office.

Jeongyeon knocked on the door before going inside of JYP’s office.

“Oh, it’s you Jeong. What brought you here? and where’s Momo?” JYP asked as he asked Jeongyeon to sit on the couch.

“That’s why I’m here. She is nowhere to be found.” Jeongyeon said.

“What? But I thought you have a performance today? Momo is punctual when it comes to that.” JYP said.

“Yeah, that’s why we’re worried. She’s not answering our call and message.” Jeongyeon said.

“Okay, you go back to the gym, and calm the maknaes, don’t let others know about this. I’ll try to reach Momo.” JYP assured Jeongyeon so she went back to the gym and talked to her maknaes.

On the other hand, the Populars went to the cafeteria to talk about something, or should I say, Nayeon and Sana went to it.

“Where is Mina?” Nayeon asked when they sit on the corner of cafeteria.

Sana looked around before answering Nayeon.

“She messaged me saying that she will be late since she has some errands to do.” Sana said.

“Errands to what? To him?” Nayeon asked.

“I think so. She said she needs to finish it already so she agreed to meet with him.” Sana said.

“Just when we are performing then she decided to do it? Aish. Wrong timing Minarii.” Nayeon ruffled her hair and stand up to get ready to the performance.

Mina texted Sana at 7:00 in the morning and it’s already 9:25, they will perform at 10:00 but the girl is not yet around. Although Mina texted her the reason she will be late, Sana can’t help but to worry, Mina usually doesn’t take that much time when she is meeting someone, unless something happened to her.

Sana messaged someone who can help her find Mina and it immediately replied to her.

Send me the number she used, I’ll track it down.

Sana looked on Mina’s number and forwarded it to the person.

Inform me if there’s an update.

Her phone vibrated so she looked at the message.

Okay. Don’t worry, we’ll find her.

Sana went back to the backstage to find her groupmates to prepare for the performance. She noticed Momo’s absence.

She is also late? Sana thought.

She went to Jeongyeon’s group and she heard some of their talks which intrigued her.

“PD-nim said that Momo left her house early to go to school.” Jeongyeon said to the maknaes.

“If she went early, then something happened to her, isn’t it?” Dahyun worriedly asked.

“I don’t want to conclude but it seems like that.” Jeongyeon said.

“Aish. Let’s calm for now, Momo-unnie is strong, if something happened to her I know she can escape.” Chaeyoung assured the two.

“Momo is missing?” Sana butted in which shocked the three again.

“You heard that?” Jeongyeon asked Sana who nodded.

“Well, ot concluding but it seems like that.” Jeongyeon said.

“But don’t worry, she will come back in no time.” she added.

“Okay, well, Mina is also late.” Sana said.

“Mina? Myoui?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Yes. But she met with someone so I know she’ll be back.” Sana said.

-----------

The program is about to start in 10 minutes but the two is still missing. Although Nayeon doesn’t want to talk to the transferees along with Jihyo, she can’t help but to join Sana who is listening for the update of the two.

“Good Morning everyone. We gathered here for the performances of the students. So now, let’s start with the sophomores.” the MC of the program announced.

Performance of the students started, and only three performance for sophomores before the maknaes’ turn but here they are at the backstage, worriedly waiting for their unnie who isn’t back yet.

“Shouldn’t we report this to our teacher?” Sana suggested.

“Not yet.” Jeongyeon replied.

“What? So what do you want us to do? Wait here and fail the performance?!” Nayeon reacted to Jeongyeon.

“No. What I am saying is that we just continue to reach them up, if they did not come, let’s perform without them.” Jeongyeon explained.

“Are you crazy?! It’s our first task and you want them to fail? No, you want my friend to fail?” Nayeon angrily said.

“excuse me, but my friend is also not here.” She said.

“Hey. calm down you two. Now isn’t the time to fight.” Jihyo stopped them.

Nayeon just rolled her eyes while Jeongyeon messaged JYP again.

Just in time for the maknaes’ performance, Sana received a message.

She’s on her way there. She’ll explain what happened. And don’t worry she’s fine.

Sana released a relief and immediately looked behind her when she heard a familiar voice.

“Sorry, I’m late.” Mina said.

“What happened to you?” Sana worriedly approached her along with Nayeon.

“I’ll explain later. But for now, we will prepare for the performance first, see ya!” Mina said.

They are shocked that Mina is calm, but what made them really shocked is the girl that Mina is holding.

Momo also came fine but Jeongyeon noticed her walk. She is slightly limping but she said that she will get ready first. Jeongyeon is also shocked on what she witnessed, in which she forgot to approached her friend. 

Why is Mina and Momo together? More over, why is Mina holding Momo’s hand?