Chapter 3

Hide and Seek

Momo woke up early. Too early. The harmonic tune from her phone was scratching at her ears. She answered it without looking at the ID.

“Hello?” she said with a husky voice.

“Oh hey there, our Ace. Are you ready for your first day on my academy?” JYP said.

Momo looked at her clock, stating its 5:35 am

“Ready? As far as I remember, the class starts at 7:30 old man.” 

“Just making sure you won’t ditch me. You are the one who I know that can help me.” he said.

You’re the only way to save the academy. I can’t afford to witness my student’s talents to be crumpled by this unknown rival of us.” he added.

“Why don’t you just accept my money?” Momo said. 

She is the only one who knew about the reason why they transferred in JYP Academy but she knows that she needs to tell her members about this.

JYP treats her like his second daughter ever since her mother died at the age of 5 and her father left her at her age of 10. She is the only one who survived that car accident. All of their wealth was left to her. She is infinitely rich but she doesn’t want others to know it nor brag about it.

Even though Momo acts a cold person outside, JYP and her friends witnessed her true and soft side. She cares for her loved ones, a lot because they are the only one she have and won’t let them disappear.

“You know I won’t do that and besides we don’t know what is the real motive of this rival. So all I need is for you to enter my academy and we will both figure out this problem.” JYP said. He doesn’t want to accept Momo’s money, he doesn’t want to abuse her like that.

“Fine, then how can we help you with that? You know we are in our hidden identity right?” Momo answered.

“Of course, I have my own ways, my Ace.” he laughed

“Yah! Don’t call me that, old man!” Momo shouted as JYP hung up.

Pssh. That old man. Momo thought but at least he made her smile.

With more than an hour to wait before the class starts, Momo headed down for breakfast. She is all alone in her house because she doesn’t want to depend on others. Sometimes her members stay at her house to accompany her.

She reached the kitchen she made herself a cup of coffee and enjoyed her breakfast while looking at the view on her balcony.

Her garden was something of a paradise, the size and features of it were overwhelming. The garden was full of blooming flowers, the fountain in the middle looks like it is splattering diamonds.

Noticing the time she spent, she went inside to prepare for their first day.

Wearing a checkered skirt in black and white which is above the knee, and white sleeves, top by a gray vest and a necktie, Momo checks herself in the mirror.
Their uniform isn’t that bad. Momo thought

As she finished preparing for herself, she texted Jeongyeon that she is on her way to pick them up. She went in her garage and picked the nearest car. She started it and drove towards Jeongyeon’s house.

It became a routine to them on which Momo will drive to Jeongyeon’s house, Chaeyoung and Dahyun will go there and will wait for Momo to pick them up. They have their own cars but decided to go anywhere in one car so it will not be a waste of gas.

As a leader, Momo felt obliged to be the one to drive them.

Momo reached Jeongyeon’s house just in time for the others to go outside.

“Good Morning!” they greet Momo who just nod and drove their way to JYP Academy.

“Don’t forget that we must hide our real identity here. Act like a normal student although some will mostly recognize us for being in a band. Call me or Jeongyeon if anything happens.” Momo reminded while driving.

“Yes Mom.” The maknaes said which earned a laugh from Jeongyeon and a glare from Momo.

“Anyway, what will you do to that SC President?” Jeongyeon curiously asked.

“Nothing. But if she do something I won’t like, she will pay for that.” she replied.

“Okay, but remember, control yourself. You’re dangerously scary when you lost your temper.” Jeongyeon warned.

“Yeah know.” Momo cutted her off as she parked her car in the parking lot.

“Ready girls?” Momo asked and placed her hand in the middle and the others followed.

“Let’s go!” They all said and went outside the car.

“Momo put her poker face which is automatic in public. They walked together towards the entrance but not without hearing whispers.

“Are they the transferees?”
“Oh my god, what class are they in? Their classmates will be lucky.”
“They look so cool, pretty girls!”
“They look so familiar.”

“I think our year here will be adventurous. We are already attracting attention.” Chaeyoung awkwardly said to her unnies. Although they are always receiving these kind of comments whether be a dance crew or in a band, they aren’t just used to it and it made them uncomfortable in their “normal” identity.

“Just act normal girls an- Oh! Hi Jihyo!” Jeongyeon waved at Jihyo who is in the entrance gate.

“Hi! Hello Momo! I’ve been waiting for you girls!” Jihyo greets them.

“Come on, let’s head to our respective rooms now that the class is about to start.” Jihyo motioned them towards their building.

“Dahyun and Chaeyoung, you are in Class 2-A. While Momo, Jeongyeon and I are classmates too in Class 3-A, wow!” Jihyo said as she looked at their schedules.
“Momo we almost have the same schedules except for our last subject. Your subject is in Dance Class.” Jihyo said.

“What’s yours?” Momo asked. She is relieved to know that she is with Jihyo for the other classes but she won’t admit that.

“Mine is Music Class.” Jihyo replied

“I wonder why you don’t have any Music Class. I never encountered such schedule.” Jihyo added

“You can sing?” Jeongyeon interrupted to change the subject.

“Of course, you know how our school accepts talented students, right? Mostly here can sing, act, dance and others so it’s not a shocking news. What’s shocking is if you can do all of that. Only counted students can do that.” Jihyo explained.

“There is the Populars, who I knew can do that.” She added.

“How about you?” Momo keep asking Jihyo about herself which is unusual for her.

“Well, I-I can do that but I am not that confident when it comes in dancing.” Jihyo stuttered.

“Then I can help you with that.“ Momo smiled but quickly hides it.

“EH? You will help me?” Jihyo shocked to hear that.

“Are you that great in dancing?” She asked. Although she noticed that Momo has a body like a dancer. She didn’t think of it.

“She is! She is! She is not called a Dancing Mochine for nothing.” Dahyun interrupted. Jihyo suddenly realized that she’s only been talking to Momo that she forgot that there are the other girls too.

“Oh really?” She said and looked back at Momo who isn’t looking at her.

“Enough about me now and I am not a danc-” Momo’s sentence were cut off when the bell rang signifying that the class will start now.

“I guess we don’t have enough time for the talk now. Dahyun and Chaeyoung, enjoy your class now!” Jihyo bids her goodbye.

“Let’s meet at the cafeteria later!” Jeongyeon said while Momo nods and the three of them go to their room with Jihyo leading the way.