Death Threat

TRUST

After 6 months of debut, the girls got their Rookie Awards from Golden Disk Award [ENG SUB] 150110 Red Velvet - Rookie Award @ Golden Disk Award

However, not everything is good when the industry notices the success of these young girls. Death threats started coming in for them although those "gifts" are filtered by their manager first, it has been brought to the company's attention that this threat is not targetted to the whole group; in fact it is only targetted to one member.

However there is only one problem: Managers have their limit as well. There are certain places that will rise suspicion if they followed the members to and there are some places that the managers can't enter. For example, changing room, restroom.

 

 

Wendy has been noticing something off about their managers. They're unusualy extra high alert these days and she needs to know why. So, when the members are asleep in the car as they travel to the dorm, Wendy moves to the front and sits beside the manager in the passenger seat.

"Oppa, is something up?"

Wendy noticed the manager's eyes rolling around. That's the sign when someone is trying to plot cover. Irene who is sitting right behind the manager, stirred in her sleep. Although her eyes are heavily shut, her ears gained conciousness and heard the conversation going on between Wendy and the manager.

"Don't lie to me, Oppa. You and the other managers had been very very high alert lately. I mean you guys had always been but not THIS high. It's as if someone is after us."

The manager bites his lower lips.

It was silent between then while the Manager forms his sentence in his mind and Wendy waited patiently for an answer to her question.

"Death threats."

Out came 2 words that made Wendy taken aback.

"I'm sorry, what? Did I just misheard it? Death threats? Who? Why? How?"

"And it's targetting Seulgi. " The manager added.

"In what universe? I mean what did Seulgi even do?"

"Who knows? Anti's hatred are usually for no good reason. It's rather an impulsive act most of the time."

"But still...." Wendy's face drops, her lips pursed into a flat, ducky lips.

"Hey, don't worry. We'll get that person before he or she gets Seulgi." The manager reassures.

"But for now, if there aren't any schedules, make sure that everybody stays in the dorm."

Wendy nods in understanding. "Araseo. Leave the kids to me, Oppa." Wendy then goes back to her seat.

Little did they know that Irene who is half awake, heard the conversation between them. She opened her eyes and stared at sleeping Seulgi's feature after Wendy passed by her to go back to her seat in the far back of the van.

"Why you? I'd rather they send death threats to me instead. You don't deserve those. "

Irene thought to herself. She then scoots closer and closer slowly and pouted her lips. Then Irene leans in slowly to make her lips touches Seulgi's as gentle as possible. The manager was focused on the traffic light instead of looking to check out his girls behind her.

 

 

When the manager dropped the girls at the dorm, there are their fans outside of their dorms with placards that consists of messages of "Take care, Red Velvet!", "Be careful of the heat", Irene then noticed someone in the crowd who looks suspicious and Seulgi went towards the crowd that gives her fan letters. Then that person sneaked a the gift to Seulgi. Irene whispered to the manager that was beside her and the manager brought that person to a corner. Then the manager tells Seulgi to hand over the box of gift to him as he opens it infront of everybody.

Inside it contains a a letter formed by cutting alphabets from newspaper and a doll whose limbs are head are torn apart and there's Seulgi's name on the dress of the doll. What a sight.

"Why?" Irene breaks the silence. The icy aura of Irene is no joke. Anybody around her could feel her aura even from a distance there and then.

"Because Rookies is all about her. She's so popular but Joy wasn't even introduced in SM Rookies and she deserved to be." The anti stated.
"What? Yah! SM Rookies, to us is just a title. Yes, Joy wasn't in SM Rookies but she debuted with us after 2 years of training. Do you know that all of the members worked hard in our own way to make this group and we will all continue to do so that this group that we are in will bring happiness to further countries in the globe? Even if you are a fan of one person, being our fan you shouldn't hate on another member. Instead you should be supporting all of us because it's our dream to debut and stand on the stage together as a team, a family. Red Velvet is five members. Everybody can have a bias in the group but nobody is allowed to hate any of the other members in the group."

The scene shocked the fan outside of the building. The manager had informed the fans that saw the scene not to share fan accounts or anything regarding this to the world and they all agreed.

 

 

 

"Shame of you! I hired you to protect the girls. You all can't even catch an anti-fan in a 3 weeks but Irene manage to catch him? And the fact that she only know about the death threat 15 minutes earlier?"

"We're sorry. But Ms.Bae is really observant."

"Of course she is. Probably is her nature as a leader to be observant. Being observant as she is, she could easily sense when something is wrong with he members' mood."

 

 

"Seulgi-yah.. Are you asleep?"

Irene and Seulgi are in a room together. It's 4pm but since they are granted half a day off, they don't need to go to the company for practice.

"I'm not."

Seulgi could feel Irene shifted closer to her.

"Still thinking about just now?"

Seulgi nodded at the question.

"Don't think about it. Anti-fans are not worth your energy to be thinking about him. You should be thinking about the ones who loves you."

"You mean, you?" Seulgi teases. :D

Irene blushed at the counter. "Our fans!! I meant our fans!!!"

Seulgi wraps her arms around Irene with a cute giggle that could melt Irene instantly.

"What is that giggle suppose to mean?"

"It means I'll be only thinking about you, Red Velvet and our fans."