THE DAY (ft. Mark & Taeyong)

TRUST

*thud*

The sound of Seulgi's back slammed against the school's locker. The other trainees gathered around in a huge circle around them as if forming a fighting ring.

Seulgi hissed, her face scrunched up in pain.

"You can't sing anymore. Why don't you leave the company once and for all, huh? Why are you still staying here?" The boy raised her fist. Seulgi closed her eyes and prepared herself for the impact.

"MARK!! STOP!!" Wendy screamed, getting the boy's attention as she, Joy and another boy makes their way throgh the crowd. Mark's fist halted and he turned towards the direction of the voice. As quick as lighting, another boy who walks ahead of Wendy and Joy pushed Mark away from Seulgi. Wendy and Joy linked arms with Seulgi to support her when Seulgi was about to slide down to the floor.

"Taeyong-hyung.." The boy named Mark looks down.

"Are you crazy? Do you want to get kicked out? Bullying and outcasting is not allowed in the company and what were you doing? Bully Seulgi?" Taeyong scolded.

"Have you forgotten what Seulgi and all of us did to you when you lost your voice for a whole month? We treat you snacks, go to the theme park with you to cheer you up, and practiced with you till you could sing again. And what are you doing to Seulgi now? Asking her to kill her own dream that she had worked for so many years?" Joy scolded. Yeri from a distance stared at Joy in awe at how she scolded Mark. She had never seen Joy this angry before. Sure that there are times Joy is being playfully angry at her and threatening her and stuff like that, but Joy's real anger that she sees now, made her see Joy in a new light.

Irene was standing far away. She saw the whole thing, she heard the whole thing. She was about to ran over to Seulgi when Taeyong stepped in, but Yeri stopped her.

"Are you not going to apologise?" Taeyong scolded.

"Seulgi, I'm sorry."

All the sudden, Seulgi pushed Wendy and Joy away and started running towards her. But instead of stopping infront of her, Seulgi ran passed and ran up the stairs. Irene knows very well where that particular staircase is heading to.

"What are you guys still waiting for? Seulgi ran up to the roof. Go after her!" -Taeyong.

"But what about you?" -Joy

"Don't worry about me." Taeyong reassured.

Wendy and Joy sprinted straight away after Taeyong says so.

 

They're running up the fight of stairs from the bottom of the building where Mark bullied Seulgi.

"Seulgi-yah! Wait up!!" Wendy shouted , since Seulgi is few steps ahead of them (more like a flight of stairs) while they're panting. Ofcourse, Seulgi ignored and just ran up her way.

"Guys, do you think she'll--- " -Yeri

"Suicide? Nah.. Seulgi would never.,.i think--" -Wendy

"Whatever it is, that's not the problem right now. Seulgi is already having a hard time on her own and now Mark said such things to her-- That's just mental toture-- You girls rest up, I'll go after Seulgi."

Irene ran up leaving the tired trio behind. Once Irene reached the roof, Irene saw Seulgi curling up at a corner of the roof.

Irene approached her without a sound and only wraps her arms around her.

"Seulgi-yah, don't mind what Mark just said. You'll get better and you'll be able to sing again. And You will conquer the stage. I believe in you."

Seulgi brings up her face and looks at Irene. Irene's heart dropped when she saw Seulgi's face being wet with tears; and still crying.

"Maybe I'm just not good enough."

Irene's heart sank to the bottom of the ocean when Seulgi mouthed the sentence to her.

"Some quit, but there are some who was in the same batch as me, debuted in a short amount of time. Leaving me behind... until you came in. Perhaps I'm just not good enough. I'm incapable of doing things."

"No you're not. Don't doubt yourself, ever. Do you know what the headmaster told me when she toured me around before meeting you?"

Flashback

On the first day of school when Irene came in, the headmastered toured her around.

"Oh right.. I'll have Seulgi to teach you what you need to know. The foundation for different types of dances."

"Who is this person named Seulgi?"

"Seulgi is the longest student here. She had the foundation to dance and vocalisation pinned down in her core. But she has yet to debut. Because the agencies that we had came in contact with has yet to find anyone who could blend with Seulgi's colour well. "

"Is the Seulgi, the same Seulgi on youtube videos on the school's youtube channel?"

The headmaster had a proud motherly smile on her face. "Yeap, that's the girl. She's our school's gem and she already had fans. I hope that you'll debut with her. Based on your demo you sent in, you two will definitely make a great team."

 

Irene wipes Seulgi's tears away with her handkerchief.

After a long while, Yeri, Wendy and Joy reached to the top and gathered around Seulgi as well.

"We're a team, a family. And we are where we are now. Our debut is confirmed as well. Seulgi, we are CONFIRMED as a team with Joy, Yeri and Wendy. We'll debut together."

"Yeah! We'll conquer the stage together. We'll sing together on our debut stage." -Yeri

"And nobody nor nothing is gonna stop us from achieving that." -Wendy

"Yeap. All for one,..." -Juhyun

"One for all.." -Seulgi mouthed

Seulgi mouthed "We'll rock the world together!"

"Seulgi said that we'll rock the world together." Irene translated.

"Wow. It's amazing how none of us could understand Seulgi-unnie except Irene-unnie." Yeri commented

"Well, they are girlfriends afterall." - Joy added while smiling brightly. Yeri was mesmerised by Joy's smile and she was drifted into space while staring at the latter with heart eyes. "She's prett--- wait-- what! Omo I must be crazy. "

 

 

 

A week later

Seulgi's voice is back again and Wendy is able to hit her notes as usual though she still needs to take her medication. They recorded their song for their debut single, and practiced their choreography for it. The company had released announcements on the internet though the comments aren't really that welcoming, but Irene as a leader refuse to let those spoil her comrades' spirit. "Guys, let's not get those comments get into our way. We'll show 'em what we had practiced. Besides, they're only judging without seeing our debut. We could change that. Let's give all our best for our future fans."

 

 

 

 

"Can't believe it's tomorrow. Hyunby, pinch me." -Seulgi

"Don't be silly. It's true that it's tomorrow. "

Seulgi and Irene are lying on the dance floor of the practice room for a short rest while the other 3 went to fetch some food.

"We'll be fine tomorrow, right?" -Irene

"Definitely! But... I still can't get over at how your stage name is decided as Irene. Goddess of Peace."

Seulgi could feel Irene glared at her "Yah! You wanna die?"

Seulgi chuckled with a smile so big, her eyes formed and disappeared into a crescent.

"Hey, I think we shouldn't come in. The lovebirds are having fun by themselves."

Upon hearing Joy's voice teasing them when the three came back with food, Irene and Seulgi sit up with open arms, welcoming them (the food).

"Gosh I feel so nervous." -Wendy

"Nado. I'm excited at first but now....I feel like my heart is exploding." -Yeri

Joy leans her head on Yeri's chest to listen to her heartbeat. Yeri frozed upon Joy's action [GAY PANIC]

"My goodness. Your heart is beating like crazy." Joy

"Ofcourse it is. Nervous for debut + what you did awhile ago. Heart-yah, calm down please."

 

 

DEBUT D-DAY!!!!!

*insert Red Velvet cheering at backtstage picture here*

Red Velvet gets on-stage and gets ready for pre-recording. But little did they expect, a bunch of fans cheered for them the moment Seulgi walked out to the stage followed by Wendy, Irene, Yeri, Joy. They waved and greeted their fans. 

"2,3.." -Irene

"Happiness, We're Red Velvet!"

"We didn't expect this many of you. Thank you for coming and supporting us." -Irene

"Today is our debut stage, right?" -Joy

"Nae!!" -Fans

"We would like to share our energy with you guys!" -Seulgi

"We'll do our best today, tomorrow, everyday."

"WHOOOOOOOOO!!!! RED VELVET HWAITING!!! " -Fans

 

Group name: Red Velvet

Team Members: Irene (Leader), Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, Yeri

Debut Song: Happiness

Debut Date: 2014. 08. 01

1st stage on Music Bank: Happiness (Red Velvet) - Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, Yeri