Seulgi x Juhyun - Greedy

TRUST

"Let's put Juhyun up against Seulgi for a chance of debut." 

"What?! But I thought they're going to debut together?"

"Our biggest sponsor had their eyes on the two. I want them to show their potential to them. And if they can get his attention, and make them into a group. They will debut together."

"I get your point, Headmaster but... what if it breaks their current bond? If they were to debut in together in a group or as a duo, if their bond is broken, it'll be hard for them to work together. "

"Don't worry about that. I believe their bonds are stronger than a fort. "

After talking to the headmaster, the dance trainer sighed and went to the practice room to tell Seulgi and Juhyun about the news. 

 

Outside of the practice room, the dance trainer peeped into the practice room and sees Juhyun wiping the beads of sweat from Seulgi's face with a towel while Seulgi was talking to her with a :D expression whereaas Juhyun was smiling throught the whole conversation.

"This is really going to put their friendship into a test."

Once Seulgi saw the trainer walks in, she pulled Juhyun up and they bowed to greet their trainer. 

"Just be comfortable. Let's sit in a circle." the trainer said to them. They sat around in a small circle .

"So I have a good news and a bad news. The good news is, both of you will be having another collaboration together. Bad news is, you have to outshine one another. All the songs and choreography will be decided by both of you. Fully. Ofcourse if you need my help in anyway, I will gladly help but the works are 100% from your own ideas. When you think you're ready, record the performance and show it to me and the headmaster. As usual we will judge on the performance and we will pick one of you to join an entertainment agency."

Seulgi lower her gaze. She's no longer smiling anymore. 

"It's here. The time has come. Just like always. " Seulgi who had listened to the same thing many times, thought to herself. Every single time it's just like that. Seulgi had been a trainee for 4 years now and still nothing had changed. When she would let her guard down and open up to other trainees, the teachers or headmaster would break such a news to them. They'll compete against themselves and go to an agency and debut successfully. But the only difference is that this time, she's against her girlfriend.

"Do I let her shine and let her debut first? Or should I outshine her and get myself to debut?" 

Seulgi's frown didn't go unnoticed by Juhyun. The trainer left them and ofcourse Seulgi didn't notice since she was in deep thoughts. Juhyun takes Seulgi's hand in hers. Only now Seulgi is back to reality as she looked at her girlfriend giving her small smile of reassurance. 

"Whatever it is you're thinking, don't you dare hide your own shining light just so that I could shine. " Juhyun warned.

"But Hyun-ah, she said only one of us."

"She didn't say that we can't express our own plans. We'll shine through. But not as competitors. We'll help each other to shine. " Juhyun smiled. 

 

 

They only had 3 days to find a song and choreograph plus practice but Seulgi and Juhyun manage to deal with it effortlessly.

Seulgi x Juhyun : Greedy

At the end of the video they recorded Juhyun and Seulgi sent a message.

"We would like to take this chance to make a promise publicly." Juhyun and Seulgi both raised their right hand by their side (shoulder height)

"I, Juhyun will not debut without Seulgi."

"I, Seulgi will not debut without Juhyun"

Then they 'sealed' the promise by high-fiving each other with the hand they raised.

 

 

After watching the video the headmaster carressed her chin. "Their bonds are really something. We told them to outshine each other but they manage to divide the song fairly and let each other shine equally. I'm impressed."

The video was uploaded on to the school's youtube channel and soon enough it hits millions of views, millions of Likes and 0 dislikes. And the video caught the attention of the school's biggest sponsor: SM Entertainment.

 

 

It was lunch break, Seulgi and Juhyun were having a meal together in the school's cafeteria when their name were called upon the loud speaker.

Speaker: Kang Seulgi, Bae Juhyun, the principal would like to see you both.

"In the middle of a meal? Seriously?" -Juhyun glared at the source of the voice and Seulgi swore it was so attractive as she's looking at Juhyun's side profile right now.

Speaker: After lunch.

"Much better." -Juhyun hissed and resumed her food. Seulgi chuckled which automatically brings Juhyun's attention to her.

"You were fierce awhile ago... " Seulgi then leans in closer and whispered "It's attractive."

Juhyun shoved a spoon of rice into Seulgi's mouth and giggled shyly "Shut up."

 

 

In the principal's office...

"So, Our biggest sponsor has their attention on you after the video was uploaded.  However, he only wants one of you. We think that both of you have the potential so, we will leave it for you girls to decide who will debut."

"Did they just disregard what we said in the video? No. None of us are going." Seulgi stormed out in anger.

"Yah, Seulgi-ya~" Juhyun called out but the door was already closed.

"Ms.Bae. I hope you can persuade Seulgi.. It's her turn to shine in public. I think you know what I mean."

Considering what had Seulgi went through, yes, Juhyun knows what the headmaster meant. Selgi had been left behind for too many times. It's her turn to go public. But what about the promise she had with Seulgi? She had promised Seulgi that no matter what happens, they will debut together.