Chapter 1

Do You Trust Me?

Mingyu woke up to the sound of a huge moving truck downstairs. 

“Who the hell is moving this early in the morning?” He thought and slowly made his way to his balcony, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He stopped in his tracks when he caught sight of a girl. She had long, red hair. She was so beautiful, Mingyu was shocked that she was going to be his neighbour. Hopefully, her balcony would be the one next to his.

Sure enough, not long after, the girl appeared at her balcony. Only she wasn’t a girl. It was a boy with long hair, but his feminine features made him look like a girl. He was prettier than any girl Mingyu had ever seen in his life. Unknowingly, Mingyu started staring at him from across his balcony.

”Hello? Are you there?” He only jumped back to reality when he realised that the boy had been calling him. Flushing, Mingyu scampered back into his room, embarrassed that he had been caught looking. He also didn’t want to let the new boy know that he couldn’t speak. He would surely make fun of Mingyu, like everyone else did. It didn’t matter that Mingyu was good-looking. It was all thrown aside the moment they found out he was a mute.

Meanwhile, the boy leaned over his balcony to call his new neighbour back, but he didn’t respond and went downstairs instead.

”Hmm...that’s weird. Oh well, guess he’s just shy.” The boy reasoned. Shrugging his shoulders, he went back into his room. He couldn’t deny the fact that his new neighbour was very handsome. He had jet-black hair and eyes, and his cheekbones and jawline were very defined.

Over the course of a week, whenever the long haired boy tried to speak to Mingyu, he would just go back into his room, eyes downcast. Finally, one day he couldn’t understand why he always avoided speaking, he went to his house. Knocking on the door, he bowed politely to the woman who opened the door.

”Hello! I live next door, and I was wondering if I could talk to your son? My name’s Jeonghan. Yoon Jeonghan.” He greeted her.

”Ahh...that boy. Well, come on in. I’ll let him explain to you.” She smiled brightly before welcoming Jeonghan into the house. Jeonghan made his way inside, taking in the surroundings. Then, he spotted the boy peeking from behind a corner. When Jeonghan made his way over, his eyes widened and he tried to go to his room, but Jeonghan was too fast. He trapped him against the wall before taking a few steps back.

”Hi! I’m the boy who lives next door. I noticed you don’t really talk. I’m Jeonghan.” He introduced himself. The boy squirmed uncomfortably, not looking Jeonghan in the eye, but not speaking either.

”Just tell him, son. He seems nice.” The boy’s mother called from the kitchen. Running back to his room, he grabbed a pen and paper and quickly scribbled down his name. 

“Kim Mingyu.”

”I finally know your name, Mingyu. But why...” He trailed off, not wanting to be rude. Scribbling again, he turned the paper around.

”I can’t speak. I was born like this.” The paper wrote. Jeonghan nodded, his eyes suddenly filled with understanding.

”But you can hear, right?” Mingyu nodded his head, looking much more uncomfortable after letting Jeonghan know.

”Well, at least now I know. I just came because I wanted your name. See you at the balcony!” Jeonghan called over his shoulder as he left the house with a wave and thanked Mrs Kim for letting him in. Mingyu’s face felt hot, and he was sure that he was blushing. There was something about that boy that attracted him. Maybe it was his voice, or his hair, or maybe it was the fact that he didn’t shun away from him after knowing that Mingyu couldn’t speak. 

 

 

Author’s Note: thanks for all the subs <3 it means a lot to me! hope this story is gonna turn out better than my previous one. Comments are greatly appreciated!