Moment 3.1: Melting Ice Cream

그 순간에 (In That Moment)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A   M I N G Y U   X   Y E I N   S T O R Y

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Everything simply froze when she smiled.
Or maybe it was just me.
- Kim Min Gyu of SEVENTEEN -

Some Day in December 2016

"Hyungggg, I'm bored. Let's go out."

"I don't wanna." Mingyu rolled over in his lower bunk to face the wall, away from Seungkwan. He had slept late the night before cause he was too engrossed with reading on his phone that he forgot about the time.

"Aww come on. Let's go out and eat some good food."

Good food? Mingyu's ears perked up. Now that was something that he would not and could not refuse.

He rolled back over to face Seungkwan, who was now sitting at the edge of his bed fusing at him to get up.

"Hah. I knew it. Can't refuse food right?" Seungkwan teased happily. "Let's go now!"

"Okay okay fine."

Mingyu lazily got up and headed to the bathroom. He got a glimpse of the wooden wall clock in the hall along the way. Wow. It's already 11 a.m. I hardly wake up this late.

Teeth brushed, face washed, hair combed (or rather, ruffled neatly), all that was left was to change clothes.

They couldn't stand out on a normal day or people would recognise them so Mingyu simply wore a plain white tee with jeans and pulled over a green hoodie.

All dressed, he picked up his wallet and a black mask and walked over to Seungkwan's room. Leaning against the door post with his arms folded, he questioned "Seungkwan ah, why are you taking so long?"

"I can't seem to find my white hoodie." Seungkwan whined sadly.

"Isn't it here?" Hansol shuffled in and fished out Seungkwan's hoodie from a pile of clean clothes sitting by his bed. "You ought to fold and organise them, seriously."

Mingyu looked at Hansol. "Wanna go out and eat too?"

"Mmm sure. I've got nothing to do here anyways."

The other members were already out of the house except these three. The hyung line said they'd be going to watch a movie, the performance team was practicing their item, Seokmin was having classes, Jihoon hyung still cooped up in his studio and Wonwoo hyung is probably at that cafe again. Again. He's always there during off-days.

The three boys slipped on their sneakers and headed out.

//

"What shall we eat?"

Wah it's a hot day. Mingyu squinted in the sunlight.

They were strolling along the street outside their dorm, unsure of whether they should walk and find a place to eat or take a bus out of town.

"Ah. How about that new mall?"

"Oh yeah. We haven't been there since it opened."

"Guess it's decided then."

All three nodded in agreement and went to the nearest bus stop. Thankfully their bus came the moment they reached the stop. They boarded and sat at the back, for they had three people after all.

The ride was like any other. With Seungkwan chatting all the way, Mingyu occasionally adding in and Hansol laughing and reacting to everything that was said.

//

After 10 minutes of an endless chatty bus ride, the boys reached the new mall. It was a large, f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter