Moment 16.1: 감기를 / Cold

그 순간에 (In That Moment)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A   J I S O O   X   J I S O O   S T O R Y
a moment eleven continuation

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Never mind all the harm that may come.
If we're going to start something,
we have to go all the way.
- Hong Jisoo, Joshua of SEVENTEEN -

10 December 2018

"끝!"

"Everyone 수고했다/sugohaess-da!"

Joshua dragged his tired body to the side of the practice studio and slumped against the wall, sliding down till he was seated on the floor. At least we aren't, or rather can't, end so late today. He weakly fumbled for his phone and the time read '19:05'.

Wiping his thumb dry of his sweat, he unlocked his phone and scrolled through the numerous notifications. Within a short practice of four hours, he had received an insane number of messages. One in particular caught his attention. 'Idol Radio with Lovelyz'.

Another schedule? Doesn't she need to rest?

Clicking on the V App notification, his rotated his phone to landscape mode and began watching the live broadcast.

"What are you doing?" Seungcheol asked, noticing his friend intensely scrutinising at his phone. Leaning over to take a peek, he saw BtoB's Illhoon. "Ah-ahh, Idol Radio?"

"Mmm," Joshua answered, "with them. But she's not there."

"Cause of her cold?" asked Seungcheol. Thinking for a moment, he continued while nodding his head, "her cold was really bad. It's good they are letting her rest."

Joshua frowned. The last he heard was that her cold was better – or at least, that's what she had assured. Is she very sick?

Thinking quickly, he began to scroll through his messages, passing a bunch before reaching the one he deemed important at this point in time.

He opened it. 'Cause I know you might will be worried and upset if you find out, we have a radio schedule tonight and Jisoo will be resting in the dorm. You know her, she didn't want you to worry.'

Releasing a heavy sigh, he typed, "okay, I got it. Thank you Jiae noona."

Joshua leaned his head back against the wall. Staring blankly ahead, he began to do a mental calculation. Twenty minutes to reach the dorms, five minutes shower. If I take a cab, I can get there in thirty minutes. Almost an hour total.

"You are having that thought, aren't you?" Seungcheol interrupted his thoughts, looking at him with a worried frown.

Turning his head towards his friend, Joshua kept his blank expression and asked, "what thought?"

"Going there thought."

Not batting an eyelid, Joshua nodded and started to gather his things. He knew Seungcheol was not supportive of the idea, though he also knew that it was because he was worried for them. It hasn't been an easy ride, as anyone would expect.

Pausing for a while, he said softly but firmly, "I know certain times call for certain actions. I've let it go many times and just this once, I want to be there."

Looking at his leader and friend, the latter, closed his eyes and let out a quiet sigh. Putting his hand on Joshua's shoulder, he gave a pat and said, "just be careful."

"I will."

//

He hasn't sneaked out much before, only occasionally with the boys to grab a bite from the convenience store (for they mostly ordered in when they were hungry). Although nowadays, it's not so much about secretly going out because their rules were less strict compared to their early days.

But this time, it was considered so. He was going somewhere he wasn't supposed to. In an attempt to slip away well, Joshua dressed full-on black from head to toe, ensuring he wasn't wearing anything that would give himself away. Slipping his phone and wallet into his pockets, he put on his shoes and went out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter