Trying to reach you

Addicted

Youngbae drove off to find an empty parking lot to figure out where we wanted to go. He could never tell his parents. His brother? Not a chance. He finally found a place, laying his head against the head rest. He sighed. He decided to call Jiyong.

"Hello?" Jiyong mumbled, groggily into the phone.

"J-jiyong?" Youngbae replied, nervously.

"Youngbae? What are you doing calling this late? Are you drunk?" Jiyong asked, laughing.

"No. Uh...I kinda...need a place to stay for a few days or so...I have some stuff to figure out. Can i-"

"Say no more, say no more. Come on over, you're always welcome." Jiyong said.

Youngbae smiled.

"Thanks man. I'll be over soon." Youngbae said, ending the call. 

He quickly drove to Jiyong's house. Jiyong decided to put on some coffee for Youngbae in case he wanted some. Daesung and Seungri woke up to the smell of coffee, and Jiyong fidgeting around. 

"Morning? Already?" Daesung muttered, looking at his phone.

He groaned, but decided to see what was the occasion for coffee so late at night. 

"Hey Ji. What's the occasion?" Daesung asked.

"Oh, Youngbae's coming over to stay for a while. So I'm making coffee in case he wants some when he gets here." Jiyong answered.

Daesung grew wide eyed.

"He's...he's coming here? Tonight? Like...right now?" Daesung asked, flustered.

Jiyong laughed.

"Yes. Why? Is that a...problem?" Jiyong asked smirking.

"N-no. No! No, not at all. Uh....w-where will he sleep?" Daesung asked, blushing.

Jiyong laughed, smiling evily.

"Your room. That cool?" Jiyong asked.

"What?!" Daesung said loudly.

Jiyong laughed.

"Just kidding. I don't know. The couch, probably?" Jiyong replied.

Daesung rolled his eyes, sighing.

"Very funny." He stated.

"Besides...maybe, with him staying here, you may get a chance to tell him how you feel about him." Jiyong said.

Daesung was about to speak, but there was a knock on the door. Daesung returned to how he usually is whenever Youngbae is brought up, timid, shy, and blushing. He froze. Jiyong answered the door.

"Hey Bae-ah." He said, smiling warmly.

Youngbae immediately hugged Jiyong tightly.

"Hey..." He muttered, sadly.

"Youngbae...what's going on?" Jiyong asked, worried.

Youngbae sighed.

"Well...long story...you ready?" He asked.

Jiyong nodded, slowly.

"Uh...Daesung is a good listener. He can maybe offer some help too." Jiyong said, nudging Daesung playfully.

Daesung looked down, shyly, smiling. Youngbae nodded.

"Okay. Well, basically, there's this girl...that I'm kind of... supposed to marry. But I really don't want to marry her. For one thing, I don't love her. At all. She's the rudest person I've met, ever. Her parents are rich, so they have high expectations for both of us. She....well..." Youngbae said, trailing off.

"Why are you with someone you don't love?" Jiyong asked.

Youngbae shrugged.

"Our parents are good friends and want us to be together." He answered.

"But Youngbae...you should-"

Suddenly, Seungri came out of his room, looked pissed off.

"Jiyong!" He whined.

"We need to be up early tomorrow remember? Please, go the hell to sleep." Seungri said.

Jiyong nodded.

"Um...okay. well...Daesung? You guys can stay up to talk more or whatever. The mrs's is summoning me" Jiyong teased at Seungri.

Youngbae laughed.

"Goodnight Jiyong. Thanks again. For you know, letting me stay." He said, smiling.

Jiyong nodded.

"Sure thing, buddy." He said, leaving.

Daesung sat next to Youngbae quietly for a few minutes.

"S-So uh...you...trailed off a bit. What were you going to say?" Daesung asked.

Youngbae closed his eyes.

"Uh...i-its...nothing." he replied.

Daesung studied Youngbae, worriedly.

"But Youngbae...it is. Please? Talk to me." He said calmly.

Youngbae slowly turned to Daesung, thinking for a moment. Nodding slowly.

"Okay. Fine. Uh...she's not exactly what I would call...gentle. She...she hits me on occasion. And...this probably sounds stupid. It's not the same as...well...you know." Youngbae said.

Daesung watched him.

"Not the same as what? If you were to hit here? Youngbae...abuse is abuse. No matter who's doing it. Please, you need to save yourself. You need to get out of that relationship. You deserve somebody who is happy to see you, as happy as you'd be to see them. You deserve to be loved and respected." Daesung stated.

Youngbae was in tears by this point, Daesung gently rubbed his back, tracing his nails gently.

"You can do this." Daesung muttered.