First love

Addicted

Daesung watched, carefully, admiring Youngbae. He danced with so much emotion, making everything look graceful and easy. Youngbae's voice was sweet enough to put angels into a peaceful slumber. Before he knew it, Daesung felt his face flush red, smiling widely as Youngbae and himself made momentary eye contact. A few more moments passed, ending Youngbae's final audition.

"Daesung!" Yang called.

Daesung snapped out of his thoughts.

"Y-yes sir." He answered, respectfully.

"Well? You ready for your final audition?" He asked.

Daesung nodded quickly.

"Yes sir." He repeated, walking quickly to the stage.

"Good luck!" Youngbae whispered as they brushed past each other.

Daesung felt shaky, but excited. This was his chance to finally impress yang, and of course, Youngbae. He took a deep breath before starting to sing. He tried to sing with as much emotion as he could. He knew he missed multiple key notes in his song, after the song, he felt so nervous, he could barely breathe. He shivered silently before finally running off stage. Daesung ran out before anything was said, he rushed outside for some fresh air. Jiyong and Seungri looked at each other, worried for their friend.

"I'll go check on him." Seungri whispered, leaving quickly.

He grabbed a couple bottles of water and headed outside. Daesung sat still against the building wall, eyes shut and shivering.

"That was quite the performance." Seungri said, kneeling down next to Daesung.

Daesung groaned, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up." He muttered.

Seungri chuckled, handing one of the bottles to Daesung, and rubbing his back.

"What's the matter? You sounded-"

"Terrible? Thanks. I know." He mumbled, frustrated.

Seungri furrowed his brows, frowning.

"Daesung...come on, what's up with you?" Seungri asked, worried.

Daesung shrugged slowly.

"Nothing. I'm fine. Just...tired." he answered.

Seungri shook his head and rubbed Daesung's back gently.

"Okay, well, when you're ready to tell me what's really going on, you have my number." Seungri replied, smiling.

Daesung nodded slowly.

"Y-yea. Uh...thanks." he answered.

A short while later, Daesung decided to try talking to Mr. Yang. He headed towards the stage, slowly sitting close to him.

"Uhm...excuse me...?" He said, quietly.

Mr. Yang turned to face him.

"Ah hello Daesung." He greeted.

Daesung managed a small bow.

"I-i was uh... wondering if I could...re-do my audition...I know I can do better." He answered.

Mr. Yang thought for a moment.

"Are you sure? You don't sound so confident." He answered, finally.

Daesung nodded, more enthusiasticly.

"Yes sir. Please?" He asked.

Mr. Yang nodded.

"Alright fine. One more chance. That's it though. And it will need to be at the end of ally other auditions here. So, you'll be here quite late. Understood?" He said, firmly.

Daesung nodded.

"Yes sir. Thank you." He answered, smiling.

Daesung found Seungri, giving him a thumbs up. Seungri smiled, ruffling his hair.

"Still don't know what actually happened, but...good going kid. I think?" Seungri said, smiling.

After all of the auditions were done, Daesung was finally able to take his chance. He drew a few deep breaths, concentrating solely on his singing. He did a remarkable job. Mr. Yang held a smile the entire time throughout Daesung's audition. After that ended, Daesung stayed still for the moment.

"W-was that...okay?" He asked, shyly.

Mr. Yang nodded, slowly clapping.

"Yes. That was mesmerizing. You truly deserve a spot in my next group." He said.

Daesung's eyes glistened, happily.

"Thank you!" He said, loudly.

After his audition, he went to the locker, grabbing his duffle bag, and started heading out.

"Hey kid. That was a damn good performance. Good job." Youngbae said, smiling.

Daesung stopped dead in his tracks, blushing.

"U-uh....t-thank. You're job good too. I-i mean too good. N-no wait u-uh...bye!" Daesung stammered, quickly running out the door.

Jiyong was outside waiting for Daesung.

"Hey kiddo. How'd we do?" Jiyong asked.

Daesung sighed, closing his eyes and leaning back against the headrest.

"Performance wise? Great. I'm in. Life wise? Why am I so damn weird?" He mumbled.

"You're in? That's great! And don't say you're weird. You're limited edition. But, why?" Jiyong stated.

Daesung shrugged.

"I like someone..." He said slowly.

Jiyong raised his eyebrows.

"Oh? And who would that be?" He asked.

"Y-youngbae..." He whispered softly.