Not ready to let go

Addicted

Daesung followed Jiyong to his room, slowly. Jiyong pulled Daesung into a tight hug. Daesung sighed heavily, and started sobbing again. He buried his face into Jiyong's neck. Jiyong slowly let go, and sat down against the wall, sighing. Daesung sunk down next to him, leaning his head on Jiyong's shoulder. After a while, Daesung stopped sobbing, and laid his head on Jiyong's lap. He looked down at Daesung, patting his shoulder gently.

"Daesung?" He muttered.

He noticed Daesung had fallen asleep. Jiyong smiled sadly. He stayed awake most of the night, in case Daesung happened to wake up again. After a while, Daesung woke up just enough to crawl to Jiyong's bed, Jiyong followed his lead. Youngbae got home, tiredly throwing his jacket to the floor in the corner of the room. He sighed, suddenly, something caught his eye. It was a picture of him and Daesung, he smiled weakly. 

"I'm sorry..." He whispered, tearing up.

Youngbae sat on the couch, thinking. How was he supposed to make it up to Daesung for how he treated him? He knew he had been difficult lately to everyone, but, especially Daesung. He didn't think Daesung would want to talk to him, so he called Demi. 

"Hello?" She asked, tiredly.

"Uh..hey...i-...did I wake you?" He asked, nervously.

"Yea, but what's up?" She asked.

He sighed.

"S-sorry... nevermind..i-"

"Bae, you already woke me up. What do you want?" She asked.

"Help." He stated.

"I'll be right over." She said.

Suddenly, he was overcome with emotion and started sobbing. By the time Demi got to Youngbae's, he already had a good buzz. She slowly entered the house, looking around and noticing how dark it was.

"Youngbae?" She called.

"Oh hey!" He said, happily, hugging her.

"Youngbae...w-what... happened?" She asked.

He shrugged.

"I'm fine." He answered.

She shook her head.

"Clearly you're not. You never drink this heavy of alcohol. What's up?"

He sighed, sitting down.

"Drink with me and we'll talk." He said.

She nodded, taking a swig off of the bottle. They continued to share until the bottle was empty.

"Demi I need help." He said, slowly.

"With what?" She asked.

He fought to keep tears from falling. She had never seen him so upset before.

"I-i...lost my job...and...my boyfriend is mad at me and I can't fix it this time." He said, sadly.

She hugged him.

"You can fix all of these things." She said, smiling.

He stared at her.

"How?" He asked.

"Well, for starters, I could get you a job at my work. We're looking for cashiers and stockmen. I could put in a good word for you. As for your boyfriend being mad at you...well...why is he mad?" She answered.

He blushed bright red, shutting his eyes tightly.

"U-uhm...I didn't tell him about the whole job thing...he got upset and instead of just telling him I kept it secret and yelled at him for it. Now I don't think he'd even want to talk to me." He said, sheepishly. 

She nodded.

"What happened to make him so mad though?" She asked.

He sighed, burying his face in his hands.

"I yanked him from my car...he was already mad I wasn't talking to him." He mumbled.

"Youngbae you have to talk to people you care about. You of all people should know that." She replied.

He nodded.

"I know.." he answered.

"What do I do?" He asked.

"Wake his up. Go to him." She said.

He grew wide eyed.

"No. I'm a little drunk. Remember?" He said.

She nodded.

"Okay, tomorrow." She said.

He nodded.

"Okay..." He muttered.

He tried standing up but quickly fell, dragging Demi with him. She fell over him, laughing. She cuddled next to him as they fell asleep. The next day, the pair woke up, and after getting cleaned up, went down to Demi's work to get Youngbae a job.

"So, what happened with your last job? It says here, you were fired." The manager said.

Youngbae nodded.

"I...there was a conflict between me and another associate." He stated.

The manager nodded.

"Okay. Was the issue fixed before you were let go?" He asked.

Youngbae nodded slowly.

"Y-yes sir." He answered.

"What was the reason behind the conflict?" 

"U-uh...personal..." He answered quietly.

The manager nodded.

"Alright. Well, we need people. As long as the issue is resolved and doesn't happen here, whatever it was, you're hired. Start this weekend, 9am." 

Youngbae bowed happily and shook hands with the manager before leaving.

"Thank you so much!" He said, happily, hugging Demi.

She smiled.

"Problem one fixed, problem two, on the way." She said.

Finally, they pulled up to Daesung's house. Youngbae drew a sharp, nervous breath. Demi squeezed his hand gently, smiling at him.

"Well? Go on." She said.

He nodded, shooting her a determined glance, smiling back. He knocked on the door, waiting patiently. Finally, the door opened, Seungri answered. Youngbae stared, wide eyed.

"U-uh...is Dae-"

"No." He said quickly, slamming the door.

"Seungri.." Daesung whined.

He opened the door slowly, not making eye contact.

"Uh...hi.." he said, quietly.

"H-hey. Look...Daesung...I'm sorry. Okay? I'm sorry about everything. I'm sorry that I'm not a good boyfriend to you. I just..." He said trailing off.

Daesung thought for a moment.

"Baby...it's okay. You are a good Boyfriend. You take care of me when I'm sick and well... you're here. If you didn't care, I get the feeling you wouldn't be here right now. Right?" Daesung replied.

Youngbae smiled slowly, nodding.

"Just...tell me what's bothering you once in a while and we're good. So, what's up?" He asked.

Youngbae breathed a sigh of relief.

"Okay well...I lost my job...I kinda got in a fight at work..and punched my boss..." He said, slowly.

Daesung stared, shocked.

"You punched your boss?! What did he do?" Daesung questioned.

Youngbae gulped.

"U-uh...he...was talking bad about you and our relationship...so I got mad and punched him." He said, feeling guilty looking at his feet.

Daesung lifted Youngbae's chin, smiling slowly at him.

"I-i got a new job though! Okay? I start this weekend and i-"

Daesung quickly pressed his lips against Youngbae's. Youngbae blushed, smiling into the kiss, he melted into Daesung's embrace. Finally, the two stopped to breathe for air.

"I'm so proud of you sweetheart." Daesung said.

Youngbae laughed, hugging him.

"Thank you babe." He muttered.