Practice makes perfect

Addicted

Youngbae entered his house, slowly, and cautiously. Suddenly, a light clicked on, coming from the living room.

"Where the hell have you been?" The lady asked, bitterly.

"U-uh...class...got out late." He lied.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

He nodded.

"Yes." He muttered.

She stared, angerily.

"You know you can't stay out past 8. And it's now 10." She said.

He nodded.

"I-i know. I was going to call...but...my phone died." He answered.

She rolled her eyes. 

"Yea, whatever. Did you at least get the groceries I asked you to get?" She asked.

He paused.

"Uh...no." he said

"Youngbae! My parents are coming over tomorrow! Remember? Ughh... really? I ask you to do one damn thing and you can't even do that! What the hell is wrong with you?!" She shouted, smacking him hard across the face.

"I'll get the stuff tomorrow! After class...okay?" He said.

"No. Go now. Get going. We don't have time." She said, urgently.

"Aw come on, Demi...they aren't coming til tomorrow night right?"

"No! I need to get cooking. Now hurry, no more arguing you useless man." She snarled, shoving him.

"Ugh...fine. what do we need?" He asked, softly.

She shoved a list in his face and punched his arm. He quickly got to his car and drove off. He groaned. How could he get out of this relationship? He knew he needed to, somehow. Being with here always felt like being on pins and needles. Other times, she was sweet as honey. Suddenly, he thought of Daesung, hoping he was okay. He got to the store, looking for the items on the list. He wasn't paying attention to where he was going, and bumped into someone.

"Ah! I'm so sorry!" He said, loudly.

The person laughed.

"Bae-ah. It's alright. You okay? You seem kinda jumpy." Jiyong said, smiling calmly.

Youngbae slowly began to relax.

"H-how's Daesung?" He asked.

"He's fine. He's sleeping, but Seungri said I should come get him some stuff for when he wakes up." Jiyong answered.

"O-oh. Good." Youngbae said back.

"Are you sure you're-"

"Gotta go! Bye!" Youngbae said quickly.

"She's gonna kill me for being late." He muttered to himself.

Jiyong tilted his head, worried for his old childhood friend. Youngbae made it back home, seeing his supposed fiancee in the kitchen, pacing back and forth. 

"I'm home. Here." He said, nervously handing her the items.

She smiled.

"Thank you honey. Now, go to bed. I know you're tired." She said, kissing his cheek.

He nodded slowly, heading to their room. He changed into his sweats and crawled into bed. The second his head hit the pillow, he passed out. A few hours later, Demi came into the room. Youngbae was sprawled out on the bed, taking up a huge portion. She took some ice cold water and splashed it on his chest. He jolted up, screaming.

"W-what was that for?!" He yelled.

She giggled.

"You weren't moving for me. I'm the princess. I get whatever I want." She answered.

He rolled his eyes, rolling on his side, allowing her more room.

"That's better. Now, was that so difficult?" She commented.

He ignored her, falling back asleep. A few hours later, his alarm sounded, he jumped up to get ready for the day. She glared at him through the tiny slits that was her eyes.

"Where the hell are you going?" She mumbled.

"C-class..honey." He replied.

"Aren't you a little...underdressed?" She asked.

He shrugged.

"I have clean clothes in my locker." He said, quickly leaving.

He rushed to his car, feeling a sense of freedom come over him. He sighed a sigh of relief. Once he got to the dance studio, he instantly looked for Daesung. Daesung was nowhere to be found. Youngbae started to get worried slightly. He found Jiyong.

"Hey Ji, where's Daesung?" Youngbae asked.

"Hi Youngbae. He's awake now, but I didn't want him to dance in the condition he's in. I told him to stay home, Seungri's with him." Jiyong answered.

Youngbae nodded, understanding.

"Can I see him?" He asked.

Jiyong shrugged.

"Sure. Why not? After practice, we'll go." 

Youngbae nodded.

"Thank you."