Fear

Addicted

The next morning, Daesung woke up, noticing Seungri laying next to him. He furrowed his brows, slightly confused. Then he remembered, TOP was over. Daesung wandered out the living room and kitchen, to see if his room was clear so he could get ready. He didn't see TOP anywhere. He slowly opened his door to his room, greeted with loud snoring. Daesung tried to be careful not to wake him. He quietly started going through his clothes, deciding what to wear for practice and then for the day. As he was going through his shirts, he noticed a flannel shirt that wasn't him. Suddenly, he had a flashback to him and Youngbae. Youngbae was wearing the flannel, they were laughing and smiling. Youngbae had an arm over Daesung. They were sitting in a park, talking and staring out into the sunset. Daesung started tearing up.

"Y-youngbae oppa..." He whispered.

Daesung started sobbing, holding on to the shirt. Suddenly, TOP groaned slightly. He heard Daesung's sobs, and went to see what was wrong.

"Daesung?" He asked, calmly.

Daesung turned to face him, tears staining his face.

"I-i'm sorry...I was just...getting clothes for practice..." He mumbled.

"But...why were you crying?" TOP asked, worried.

"Uh...my boyfriend-oh...i-i mean this guy I liked and I...finished..." He answered.

TOP tilted his head.

"That's a weird way to say you and your boyfriend broke up." He replied.

Daesung sighed heavily.

"According to him we never were boyfriends..." 

TOP nodded, slowly. He pulled Daesung into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry. You deserve better." TOP whispered.

Daesung couldn't help but cry into TOP's shirt. TOP stayed quiet, allowing Daesung to do so. After a while, there was a gentle knock upon the door. Seungri answered.

"Daesungie?" He asked.

He then noticed Daesung sobbing and TOP hugging him. He eyes widened and he hugged Daesung to. Seungri wiped his tears carefully.

"What happened?" He asked, slowly.

Daesung showed the shirt the Seungri.

"Youngbae's..." He muttered.

Seungri nodded.

"Do you want to wear that? Maybe with a little bit of luck, we'll see him there." Seungri said, smirking evily.

Daesung shrugged, placing the shirt in his duffle bag. After Daesung got ready, he joined Jiyong and Seungri for practice. After a while, the boys made it to the studio. Daesung searched for Youngbae but couldn't seem to find him. He felt slightly sad, but, at the same time, relieved. Daesung couldn't keep focus during practice. He kept stumbling or being off on timing. Others definitely took notice, but he didn't care at the moment. Over the course of a few weeks, Daesung felt himself getting worse and worse. He felt heartbroken. Daesung kept messing up the dances and his lines, he didn't care much anymore. One day, the manager pulled him aside.

"Daesung, what's going on with you lately? You mess up a lot lately." He said.

Daesung nodded, staying quiet.

"I-i'm sorry sir...I'm just-"

"You don't know how lucky you are to have a spot here. So many other people tried and didn't get in because I saw potential in you. Please, don't let me down." The manager said.

Daesung's eyes widened, smiling slowly.

"Thank you. I'm so sorry. I won't let you down sir. I'm just...letting some personal things get to me that shouldn't be. I'll be better next time." He answered.

His manager smiled, patting his shoulder.

"Okay. Good then." He said.

That night, when he got home, Daesung entered the house, the lights were turned out. He thought that was weird but didn't think much of it, after a few seconds, He heard singing, he laughed, smiling seeing TOP, Seungri and Jiyong coming out with a cake. 

"Awww you guys..." He said.

"Did you forget your own birthday?" Jiyong asked.

Daesung blushed, nodding.

"Yea..I guess I did." He said.

"Wait a moment. This isn't just your birthday though." Seungri said, smiling.

Daesung stared, confused.

"It's also your one year anniversary being in the practice studio." He said.

Daesung smiled widely.

"That's true." He said.

"Okay so blow out your candles. Make a wish." Jiyong said.

Daesung thought for a second, blowing out the candles. The others cheered, Jiyong grabbed a drink for the fridge, handing it to Daesung and kissing his cheek.

"Happy birthday!" He said, happily.

Daesung nodded, chugging the drink down. The boys drank and cheered loudly. Daesung forgot all about Youngbae for that night. This was the first time Youngbae wasn't the first thing on his mind.