Anniversary present

Addicted

After Youngbae's shift, he stopped by the store to pick up flowers for Daesung. He found some beautiful purple and white flowers, he thought they were unique. He bought them and a Doraemon stuffed animal. Youngbae excitedly got home and opened the door. He entered the house, expecting to see Daesung but saw no sign of him so far.  He put the flowers in a vase on the table and the Doraemon plush next to it.

"Daesung?" He called

No answer.

Youngbae started to get worried. He checked the time, knowing this late, Daesung should be home from practice by then. He tried calling but Daesung wasn't answering. He quickly worked his way around the house, not finding Daesung. He felt his chest tighten and anxiety start to rise within him. He sat on the couch and tried to relax, thinking maybe he's just still at practice. Finally, an hour later, Daesung limped tiredly and slowly. through the door.

"Hey baby." He muttered, softly.

"Daesung!" Youngbae yelled, accidentally scaring Daesung.

Daesung flinched backwards, as his eyes widened.

"I-i'm sorry I didn't call. M-my phone died and i-" Daesung stammered.

Suddenly, Youngbae hugged him, laughing slightly.

"I'm sorry I scared you." He said.

Daesung laughed too.

"Its fine. Well, Happy anniversary my love." He said.

Youngbae smiled, kissing his lips gently.

"Happy anniversary." Youngbae replied.

"How was your day?" Daesung asked, eagerly.

"She got fired this morning." Youngbae said, proudly.

Daesung smiled, happily.

"Good." He said.

"How was yours?" Youngbae asked.

Daesung groaned, looking at Youngbae.

"That bad, huh?" Youngbae asked.

Daesung shrugged.

"Exhausting. We started practice at 10 this morning and I'm just now getting back. Our manager didn't think we were doing very good and taking it seriously, so we had to stay an extra 5 hours. So instead of being done around 5  we're there til 10." 

"Aww well, how about I give you a massage?" Youngbae offered.

Daesung smiled.

"I'd like that, babe." He said.

"How about a glass of wine?" He said, rubbing Daesung's shoulders.

Daesung smiled, nodding.

"That sounds lovely." He said.

Youngbae nodded and kissed Daesung's head. 

"Go ahead and get comfortable, I'll be in in a few." He said.

Daesung nodded and then tried walking but fell to his knees. He blushed, embarrassed. Youngbae heard him fall and immediately went to see what happened.

"You okay baby?" He asked.

Daesung nodded, standing up and fell again. Youngbae furrowed his brows.

"Daesung, what happened?" He asked.

Daesung shrugged.

"I-i'm just tired. I-"

Youngbae lifted Daesung's chin with his fingers, and head his face in his hands, staring into his eyes.

"Honey, come on now. What happened?" He questioned.

Daesung sighed.

"I just hurt my ankle at practice." He said, sadly.

"Aww Dae...have you been to the doctor?" He asked.

Daesung shook his head.

Youngbae laughed.

"Okay well let's go." He said, scooping Daesung up in his arms.

Daesung squeaked in protest. Youngbae smiled. Daesung knew Youngbae was stronger than him so he didn't fight it. He set Daesung down in the passenger seat. After a quiet, quick drive down the street, they were in the clinic.

"Hi gentlemen. What can I do for you?" The doctor asked.

"We need an x-ray for his foot." Youngbae said.

The doctor nodded.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I'm a dancer, I was at practice and I landed wrong on a certain part." He said.

The doctor nodded while he took the x-rays. Daesung whined in pain, slowly looking at Youngbae. Youngbae held Daesung's hand gently, giving a reassuring smile. Daesung returned a weak smile. 

"So, it's a hairline fracture. I'll set you up with a wrap, ankle brace, and some pain killers from the pharmacy and you'll be all done. Okay?" The doctor said.

Daesung nodded, slowly, sighing. 

After the appointment, Youngbae carried Daesung to the car and drove home. Daesung was quiet most of the way home.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered.

Youngbae looked at Daesung, concerned.

"Why baby?" He asked.

"Because...I don't know. It's our anniversary..." He whimpered.

Youngbae nodded.

"I mean, yea it is. But it's okay. I'm not mad at you." He said, patting Daesung's knee.

Daesung smiled slowly, tracing his finger tips along Youngbae's hand. They got home and Youngbae carried Daesung into the house, he set him on the couch, kissing his head.

"Here's your wine, love." He said.

Daesung smiled.

"I love the flowers and the stuffed animal. Thank you." Daesung said.

Youngbae laughed.

"Of course. I loved the note you gave me." He said, blushing.

"I love you." Daesung said.

"I love you too." Youngbae answered.

Youngbae pulled Daesung up to his chest and the two fell asleep on the couch, watching movies and drinking wine.