64.

I Don't Like Your Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suyeon woke up in the middle of the night, certain that she'd heard something. She the flashlight on her camera and looked around her bedroom. Nothing was amiss, so she quietly climed out of the bed, taking care not to awaken Doyeon. She quietly stepped out into the living room, where she found Yoojung, who was vainly trying the pick up the contents of the art supply bin, which had apparently been spilled on the floor.

"What's going on?" Suyeon asked, as she knelt down and started to help pick up the colored pencils.

"I couldn't sleep," Yoojung said, "so I was going to come sit out here on the couch for a while." She put the last of the markers and put them in their spot in the bin.

"Trouble sleeping? That's not like you." Suyeon looked at Yoojung. "Are you feeling well?"

Yoojung nodded. "I'm fine. I just got to thinking and the next thing you know my mind was going a million miles an hour and there was no way I was getting to sleep." She put the last of the pencils back in the bin and put the bin on its spot on the end table.

"What were you thinking about?" Suyeon asked, a note of concern creeping into her voice. "Is something wrong?"

Yoojung shook her head. She carefully stepped around the end table, sat down on the couch, and pulled Suyeon down next to her. "I was just thinking about the OT6, you know? And how weird it is that we got together, and how odd it is that things are working out."

"But they didn't always work out," Suyeon said. "Remember that time I caught Lucy making out with Elly in the laundry room so I broke up with her? And then Sei told me I was a horrible girlfriend and stormed off to find Lucy?"

Yoojung nodded. "I remember that. But do you remember what happened after that? That night Lua and Doyeon and I made you three sit down and talk about what was wrong until you had resolved you problems. And I think that's the amazing thing - that whenever we have a problem, we work things out. We all think the others are worth it."

Suyeon looked at Yoojung. She could barely make out her face in the dim light, so it was hard to tell what she was thinking. "You're not. . . you're not thinking about breaking up with us, are you?"

Yoojung laughed. "No! Of course not! What a bizarre thing to think after I was just talking about how well the six of us work out together."

Suyeon grabbed Yoojung's hand. "I know it was strange, but that was a strange thing to be sitting up thinking about at 3 in the morning. I panicked."

Yoojung leaned forward and kissed Suyeon softly. "Well, there's no need to panic. I'm just kind of overwhelmed by all the good things going on in my life."

Suyeon wrinkled her brow, trying to puzzle this out. "Overwhelmed by good things?"

Yoojung nodded. "Yeah. You know, like so many good things it's hard to believe they're all real."

"I guess I can see that," Suyeon said, squeezing Yoojung's hand tighter. "It's just. . ."

She was interrupted by Lua coming out of her room. "Unnies, you're supposed to be going to sleep! We've got a big day tomorrow! Two radio interviews, a record store appearance, a fan cafe, and a TV appearance! You've got to get your sleep."

Still half asleep, Lua grabbed Suyeon's hand, led her to Yoojung's bed, and tucked her in next to Lucy.

"Where am I supposed to sleep?" Yoojung asked her when she returned.

"Huh?" Lua looked blearily at Yoojung.

"You just put Suyeon in my bed. Where are I supposed to sleep?"

Lua grabbed Yoojung's hand and put her in Suyeon's bed with Doyeon.

"There," she said as she walked out of Suyeon and Elly's room. "No all the unnies will go to sleep and stop making noise.

 

 

The next morning, as usual, everyone woke up before Lua. When Lua came out of her room, yawning and rubbing her eyes, everyone else was already eating breakfast.

"I had the weirdest dream last night," Lua said. "I dreamed that Yoojung and Suyeon were sitting up talking and making too much noise and I had to put them back to bed, and I accidentally put them in the wrong beds."

"That wasn't a dream," Suyeon said as she finished peeling her tangerine. "That really happened."

Lua laughed. "No way! Now you're just messing with me!"

"No, it's true!" Lucy said. "I went to sleep cuddled up next to Yoojung, then woke up freezing because Suyeon had stolen all the covers!"

Suyeon looked contrite. "I did?" she asked.

"You always do," Lucy said. This pronouncement was met with a chorus of nods from Suyeon's other girlfriends.

"Why do you think I asked for an extra-large duvet for Christmas?" Sei asked.

Suyeon shrugged. "I thought you just liked duvets."

"I do!" Sei said. "I get cold without them. So I got the extra-large duvet so that even when you wrap yourself up in it, there's enough left to cover me."

Lua laughed at this. "You get cold all the time!" 

Sei nodded. "It's true. It's what makes me such a good cuddler."

Lua shrugged. "I can't argue with that - you are a good cuddler."

Elly got up and put her bowl in the sink. "Well, as fascinating as this all is, we've got to get ready for today's promotions."

"Hey!" Suyeon jumped up. "That's my job! Everyone, we've got to get ready for today's promotions!"

Elly laughed. "Seems like I've heard that somewhere before."

Lua served herself a bowl of rice and sat down next to Suyeon. "I laid out my clothes last night, because I knew I'd want to get more sleep this morning. I'll be ready on time." She filled with the warm rice and started chewing contentedly.

Doyeon looked at Lua. "How do you manage that, Lua? You're always the last one to wake up, but you're never the last one ready to go."

Lua nodded. "It's because I lay out my clothes the night before and because I keep my makeup routine simple."

"Simple doesn't even begin to describe it," Sei said. "You could fit all your makeup in one pocket. Where"s the fun in that?"

Lua shrugged and took another bite of rice. "That's the difference between us - I don't think makeup is fun."

Sei mimed falling over, shot in the heart. Doyeon laughed.

"It's good we're not all into makeup, or there'd never be enough mirrors," Rina said, as she gathered up her t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter