61.

I Don't Like Your Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of days after they got back from Texas, they had an evening off. Not a whole day off - the day had been filled with dance practice, voice lessons, and a marathon session of responding to fanmail - but an evening. They were all scattered around their apartment waiting for dinner to arrive. It was Lua's turn to cook, but she decided to cheat and order delivery. But no one was complaining, especially not Doyeon, whose turn it was to do dishes.

When the doorball rang, Lua called out "Doyeon can you get that?" 

Doyeon leaped over the back of the couch and ran to the door.  When she opened it, there was a delivery boy from Mario's outside - apparently they were having pizza. Even though his face was partially obscured by his cap, Doyeon thought there was something familiar about this guy, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. 

"Where do you want this?" the delivery boy asked. "It's kind of heavy." His voice was kind of high, but as short as he was, he was probably really young.

"Oh!" Doyeon snapped out of her reverie. "Right over here." She led the way to the table, which she had already cleared off.  

The delivery boy unpacked a stack of pizzas, some garlic bread, and a couple of bottles of pop. Gathering up the empty tote bags, he bowed to Doyeon. Then he suddenly yelled out into the back of the apartment.  "Lua, I win!  You owe me one!" 

"Huh?" Doyeon was stunned by this unexpected behavior.

The delivery boy turned back to Doyeon and said "You didn't even recognize me!" as she pulled off her cap and started laughing - it was Yoojung!

"Yoojung!" tears welled up in Doyeon's eyes as she swooped forward and picked up the smaller girl in a hug that lifted her off the ground. Yoojung leaned into the hug, wrapping her arms around Doyeon. "I've missed you so much!" Doyeon said.

"I've heard," Yoojung said, as Doyeon lowered her to the ground. Yoojung grabbed Doyeon's hand and started leading her to their bedroom. "There really is pizza here," she called out to the apartment at large. "Don't eat it all, though, because Doyeon and I will want some in a few minutes."

Once they heard Doyeon and Yoojung's door click shut, the others all came out of the rooms where they'd been hiding in order to be out of the way when Yoojung arrived.  

"I'd say that went well," Suyeon said, crossing the room to shut the door that Yoojung had left open.

"I'll say," Sei said as she opened up one of the pizzas and pulled out a slice. "Yoojung and pizza? Best day ever!"

 

 

After having a nice visit with everyone, Yoojung put her delivery uniform back on and slipped out of the dorm just before curfew.  Doyeon, Sei, and Lua were sitting on the couch.

"I'm guessing you two arranged this?" Doyeon asked.

"Lua did," Sei answered. "My part was strictly limited to asking her to make it happen."

Doyeon turned to Lua. "How did you manage it? I don't imagine Mario" - his name wasn't really Mario, but everyone called him that because of the restaurant - "allows just anyone to dress up as one of his delivery boys."

Lua shook her head. "No, he drives a hard bargain. Not only did I have to order the pizza tonight, I had to pay extra for uniform rental and cleaning, plus I had to promise him I'd ask Manager-nim to let us record a V-live at Mario's."

Sei's eyebrows shot up. "A V-live at Mario's? Manager-nim will never go for that."

Lua nodded. "You know that, I know it, but Mario doesn't know it, and all I promised to do was ask."

Doyeon leaned over and hugged Lua. "Well, whatever you had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter