59.

I Don't Like Your Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unfortunately, the fact that Lua was able to laugh with Doyeon and Suyeon about the idea of being exiled to Sweden didn't mean she still didn't feel bad about the situation they were in. That night she lay in her bed, reading news article after news article about Jihyo and Kang Daniel, then about Hyuna and Dawn. She tried to imagine those articles being written about Weki Meki, but she just couldn't do it. Instead, she kept thinking back to when Reveluvs were burning their Irene merch because she was reading "Kim Ji Young Born 1982." The idea that people would feel that way about them - that some of the Ki-lings might feel that way about them! - was too much for her to bear and she started to cry.

Hearing Lua crying, Sei came over and tried to comfort her. "What's wrong?" she asked, as she climbed into bed beside Lua. "What's making you cry?"

"I just can't take this anymore!" Lua shouted. "I can't take the sneaking, and the disapproval, and the secrets, and the fact that Ki-lings would hate us if we ever got found out." She turned to Sei. "I can't take. I don't want to have a girlfriend anymore. You're not my girlfriend anymore! None of you! As soon as our dating ban is lifted, I'm going to get a boyfriend, and when word gets out about us, people will be happy for us!" 

With a final inarticulate scream of rage and despair, she pushed Sei out of her bed. Sei landed on the floor with a thump. She stood up, tears welling up in her eyes, and ran out of the room.Lua turned over and faced the wall, tears running down her face. She didn't want to break up with her girlfriends, but she didn't know what elso to do - she'd reached her breaking point.

 

 

Sei woke up early the next morning without needing her alarm. She extricated herelf from Doyeon and Yoojung's arms - apparently she'd come to their room in her distress the night before. They must have just seen that she was distressed and comforted her, no questions asked, because she couldn't see herself managing to string together two coherent sentences last night. Hell, she still wasn't sure she could. Slipping out of the red, she tiptoed out of her room and into the room she shared with Lua. Hopefully Lua would be feeling calmer when she woke up this morning and they could discuss things like rational people. But to her surprise, Lua was already awake and out of the room. A quick search of the apartment revealed that she wasn't there.  Sei knew that things had escalated well beyond the point of what she could handle on her own. She needed an unnie to tell her what to do and, more importantly, to tell her everything was going to be okay.

"Suyeon! Wake up!"Sei sat on the edge of Suyeon's bed, trying desperately to wake her up. Suyeon was difficult to wake up on a normal morning, but she must have been particularly tired last night, because she was almost impossible to wake up this morning. Finally, she rolled over, blinked her eyes blearily, recognized Sei, and asked "What?"

Sei told Suyeon what had happened, starting with when she had woken up in the middle of the night and found Lua crying up until she woke up this morning and found Lua gone. Then she had to tell the whole thing again, because Suyeon hadn't been entirely awake the first time. Then she had to tell it again because Doyeon and Yoojung had heard her and came to see what was wrong. When Lucy came in at the end of the third telling, Sei threw herself down on the bed next to Suyeon, buried her face in the pillow, and said "Can someone else please tell her? I can't go through that again."

So Suyeon brought Lucy up to date and everyone climbed onto Suyeon's bed to try to figure out what to do next.

"We've got to go after her!" Lucy said.

"But we don't even know where to go! Seoul's a big city!" Yoojung told her.

"She might not even be in Seoul!" Doyeon added. "She could be halfway to Busan by now."

"Why would she go to Busan?" Lucy asked.

"That's not the point," Doy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter