60.

I Don't Like Your Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After playing a performance for Ki-lings in Texas, Weki Meki had stopped at Whattaburger before catching their plane home.  Lucy finished her hamburger - it wasn't the best burger she'd ever had, but it was good.  She wiped her hands on her napkins, then leaned back in her seat and looked around at her bandmates.  One of them was missing - Yoojung was still on medical hiatus, missing out on all promotions.  She sighed, staring down at the table.  Suddenly she looked up when a French fry thrown from the other end of the table went flying by her face.  She looked up and saw Sei looking concernedly at her.

"What's wrong?" Sei asked.

"I miss Yoojung," Lucy said, bravely trying to smile.  "She would have loved this trip."

Doyeon nodded. "She would have. We'll just have to tell her all about it and show her all the pictures we took.

Lucy leaned back in her seat, pouting. "It's not the same. Besides, she won't even be at the dorm when we get back. They sent her to her parents' house to recover."

Suyeon put her arm around Lucy and leaned her head on her shoulder. "That's right allllll the way out in Guri. Why, it might take us almost an entire hour to take a train there on our day off."

Lucy shrugged Suyeon off. "Now y'all are just making fun of me," she said petulantly. She picked up one of her fries, dragged it through the ketchup, and ate it, the pout never leaving her face.

Lua leaned acros the table and touched Lucy's hand. "We're just trying to make you feel better."

Lucy smiled weakly. "Well, I guess it's working, and I know we'll get to see Yoojung again soon. But besides, there is one other thing that I wish. . ."

"What's that?" Sei asked from the other end of the table. 

"Can I sit with someone other than Suyeon on the plane home?" She turned to Suyeon. "Don't get me wrong - I love you and all, but I want to sit next to someone who will stay awake during the flight."

"Suyeon stays awake!" Elly said, defending her roommate. "She stays awake for at least 15 minutes after takeoff, and she always wakes up at least 15 minutes before landing."

They all had a good laugh at this.

"You can sit by me," Sei said.

"Hey!" Lua protested. "What about me?"

"What about you?" Sei asked, sticking her tongue out. "You always like to catch up on your shows during flights, so flying with you gets kind of lonely too."

"Apparently there are 2 kinds of people on planes," Suyeon said, "those who like to talk to the person next to them, and those who don't."

"And Lucy and I are both talkers, so we should sit together," Sei said.

And so it was decided the Lucy would sit with Sei on the plane ride back, and that Lua would sit with Suyeon, and no one thought about Doyeon, who'd be sitting by herself the whole time, because ordinarily she'd sit with Yoojung.  "It's okay," she thought, "Lucy needs someone right now more than I do, and soon Yoojung will be back with us and everything will be back to normal.

 

 

They arrived back at their dorm in the middle of the night. They were all tired - even the one who'd been able to sleep on the plane, so they all dropped their suitcases and went straight to bed without even unpacking. A couple of hours later Sei was awakened by the sound of something moving around the apartment. She rolled over to go back to sleep, but something told her to go check on whoever it was. She get out of bed and carefully stalked through the apartment, where she found Doyeon standing in the kitchen, drinking a glass of water. Even in the dim light from the nightlight, Sei could see that Doyeon's eyes were red.

"Unnie, what's wrong?" she asked, putting her arm around Doyeon.

"Oh, it's nothing," Doyeon said, putting her glass down on the counter. "Sorry I woke you up."

Sei turned to face Doyeon and wrapped both arms around her. "Doyeon, something is bothering you - you look lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter