31.

I Don't Like Your Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Suyeon was sure of it: The maknaes were up to something. All week long, she'd see them, clustered together talking excitedly about something, then falling silent as soon as an unnie got within earshot. Until late in the night - long after everyone was supposed to be asleep, she'd hear the sounds of people quietly padding back and forth between the maknaes' bedrooms. And whatever they were planning, it was about to reach its dramatic conclusion, whatever that might be.   The unnies had just come in from a game of basketball - Suyeon and Yoojung against Doyeon and Elly - expecting to find Lua busily cooking dinner. Instead, they came in to find 4 bowls of instant ramen on the table with a note.   Suyeon picked up the note and started reading it aloud. "Dear unnies, Please don't be mad that there's no dinner. When you see why, you'll understand. I got your favorite flavors of ramen for you. Heart - heart - heart, Lua."   "There's more on the back," Doyeon said helpfully.   Suyeon flipped the paper over. "P.S. Tomorrow night, instead of Rina making kim chi fried rice, Sei and I will fix us all a special dinner."   The unnies spread out the stack of ramen bowls: Two kim chi, one tonkatsu, and one spicy shrimp. Lua had indeed gotten everyone's favorite flavor. But that still didn't answer the question of where the maknaes were and what they were up to.   Yoojung and Doyeon decided they'd rather go out for fried chicken, so they quickly got showered and changed and left. Elly said she needed to make some phone calls, so she showered, put on her pajamas, and curled up on her bed with her phone. After getting her shower, Suyeon cooked one of the bowls of kim chi ramen, then sat down in front of the TV to watch Momo Bookstore.   "So this is how it is," she said to herself. "No girlfriend? Spend Friday night eating ramen and watching TV. Three girlfriends? Spend Friday night eating ramen and watching TV. Apparently some things never change."   The show and the ramen were both coming to an end when Suyeon heard someone coming in to the apartment. She hadn't even had time to turn around and see who it was when Sei and Lua were already right there, dragging her off the couch and into their bedroom.   "What . . . what's going on?" Suyeon asked.   "We've got to do a makeover on you, and we've got to do it kind of quickly." Sei ripped open a face cleansing wipe and started wiping down Suyeon's face.   "What? That doesn't answer my question! That just gives me more questions!"   Lua laughed. "Be patient. You'll see." She grabbed a brush and started brushing Suyeon's hair while Sei started applying foundation to her face. As Sei started in on her eye makeup, Suyeon could feel Lua pulling her hair into some sort of updo. Lua finished doing her hair just as Sei finished with her lips.   "Now stay right there," Sei said. Suyeon turned to look at herself in the mirror.  
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter