57.

I Don't Like Your Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sei was sitting at the kitchen table with her diary and a cup of tea when Lucy got up.

"Are we the only ones awake?" Lucy asked.

Sei nodded.  "It's not even 6 o'clock yet - we've got the place to ourselves for at least an hour."

Lucy fixed herself a cup of tea and a bowl of rice and sat down next to Sei.

"You still keeping your diary?" she asked, gesturing at the item in question.

Sei nodded.  "I need to get another notebook next time we go to the store - this one's almost full."

"Why do you do it?" Lucy asked, propping her chin in her hand and looking intently at Sei.

Sei shrugged.  "I like being able to look back," she said.  "I can't remember everything that happens, so writing it down helps me keep everything straight and remember things I otherwise would have forgotten."

"Like what?" Lucy asked.

"Like this."  Sei opened her diary to a seemingly random page.  "Did you realize that a year ago we were still an OT4, and Suyeon, Lua, and I were having to stop you from trying to drag our other members into an OT8 kicking and screaming?"

Lucy laughed. "That was only a year ago?  It seems forever ago!"

"It's all right here," Sei said, pointing to the book.

Lucy tentatively reached for Sei's diary.  "May I?"

Sei looked intently into Lucy's eyes and nodded.  "I've never let anyone read my diary before, but since a lot of it's about you, and since you were there for all of it anyway, I guess it's okay."

Lucy took the diary from Sei's hands as if it was something incredibly fragile and incredibly valuable.  "Oh, I've seen how protective you are of your diaries, so I know how much you're trusting me here."

"So long as you know," Sei said, nodding nervously.

Lucy took a sip of her tea, then leaned back and started to read.  "Oh!  It was the day we made omelettes with Chef Lee!  That was a great day!"

Sei waited while Lucy read that page, then reclaimed her notebook before Lucy could turn to the next page.  "They weren't all such great days," she said, "but that was a particularly good one."

Lucy took another sip of her tea, then looked at the leaves remaining in the bottom of her cup.  Nodding decisively, she put the cup down and swept Sei up in a hug.

"What's that about?" Sei asked, once she could breathe again.  "I mean, I like getting hugs, but that didn't feel like an ordinary hug.  Is something wrong?"

Lucy shrugged and wrapped her arms around herself.  She looked small and lost, which was totally untypical for her.  "Thinking about the time of the OT4, and the times just before that, I know that I was responsible for some of your not-so-great days."

Sei reached over and patted Lucy on the shoulder.  "Hey, don't be like this," she said, "we all did things back then that weren't really good.  I mean, I dumped you for Suyeon, and didn't even manage to do it properly - you had to find out by walking in on us sleeping together."

"At least you were just sleeping together, and not 'sleeping together.'"  Lucy made air quotes as she said it.  "That would have been really awkward!"

Sei blushed.  "Awkward doesn't even begin to describe it!  I don't think I could have ever looked you in the eyes again if you had caught Suyeon and me doing something.  Not that we had done anything at that point.  We hadn't even kissed much, because I wanted to break up with you first, so I wouldn't be cheating on you and sneaking around.  Only it didn't work out that way."

Lucy looked down at the table, running her finger back and forth through a bit of tea she'd spilled.  "Yeah, that was a really bad morning."  Suddenly her head snapped up, and she looked at Sei with bright eyes and a big smile.  "But remember what happened that afternoon, after the big fight/meeting and stuff?"

Sei thought for a moment and then started laughing.  "Suyeon got into Yoojung's brownies!"

"I was still mad at you," Lucy said, "but at the same time I was laughing on the inside - stoned Suyeon was hilarious!"  Lucy started softly singing the "Silly Sei" song that Suyeon had made up while she was stoned.

Sei's jaw dropped.  "I can't believe you remember that!"

Lucy smiled and took Sei's hand as she finished the song.  "I wouldn't admit it yet - especialy not to myself - but that song was the start of me changing my mind about you and Suyeon.  Her voice was just so full of love for you.  I just wished there was some way she could have you without me losing you."

Sei brought Lucy's hand to and lightly kissed it.  "And in Suyeon's stoned ramblings, you found a way!"

Lucy's eyebrows shot up and her eyes got wide.  "That's what we should do!  We should make some special brownies and have them ready when everybody wakes up!"

"Do you have any. . . ?" Sei asked.

Lucy nodded.  "I think I've got just enough, hidden underneath Suyeon's recliner."

Sei laughed.  "That is so hilarious!  She would freak out if she knew that's where you hide your stash!"

 

 

Yoojung was startled away by a shrill electr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter