Guilty-free Or Unrelated?

Before You Go.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUNDAY — 1:00p.m. — Fitness Center 

I borrowed my mom's car to ease us doing the investigation. Yes,we're spying right now. And yes,our suspect is Eric.

"It's been an hour since he went in" Hyejin blurted as we looked out the window.

"I'm getting hungry" Wheein responded and patted her stomach.

"But you just had two bags of chips" I reminded and cocked an eyebrow.

"That's only the entree,unnie. Now it's time for lunch,you know" Wheein defended and pouted.

"Aigoo,just wait a bit more,yeah? I'll treat both of you cheeseburgers,how's that?" I coaxed and wriggled my eyebrow.

"Call!!" Wheein exclaimed and grinned. Hyejin snorted and shook her head.

"Oh? He's out" Hyejin informed,causing both Wheein and I gawked on the entrance.

Eric was no longer wearing his workout attire. He wore a blue t-shirt and black basketball shorts with the bag in his hand. He entered his car and a few minutes later,he started to hit the road.

"For a murderer,he looks too laid back,don't you think?" Hyejin questioned as we followed his car carefully.

"I was thinking the same thing" I replied.

"It's either he had done it a lot of times or it's not even him" Wheein said and shrugged.

"Well,let's just keep spying for now" I suggested,earning a nod from them.

He drove to the supermarket and parked his car. We followed him and parked the car a few meters from his. We waited for him to go in before we could follow him.

"Okay! You guys are safe since he doesn't know you,so you could get closer" I said and fixed my baseball cap. They nodded their head and gave me thumbs up.

"Good! Now let's go,soldiers!" I said and walked with them to the entrance.

---------------------

We keep a safe distance while following him. We stopped on our tracks when a stomach growled.

"Uh..s-sorry" Wheein whispered and smiled guiltily.

I glanced around and noticed the Burger joint. I held their hands to get their attention. Both of them looked at me questioningly.

 

"I'll go buy us some cheeseburgers,try to get closer,okay? Be careful!" I whispered.

"Got it!" Wheein replied.

"Yeah,don't worry about us" Hyejin added.

I nodded my head and peeked around as I walked to the Burger joint. Since it was Sunday,there was a long queue and I had to wait for several minutes.

-------------------------------------

Third Person(Omniscient)-WheeSa

They pretended to choose some stuffs as they got closer to Eric. Eric's phone rang and they listened attentively as he spoke to the person.

"Hey" Eric said.

"Yeah,I've heard the news"

Both of them looked at each other and gulped hard.

"The gloves? I kept it in the drawer,yeah"

"Gloves?" Hyejin whispered and furrowed her eyes. Wheein took Hyejin's hands,holding it as she felt scared.

"No they won't know"

"Hyejin-ah,I'm scared" Wheein whispered,lips quivered.

"I just had to do it,need to get rid of the blood"

"" Hyejin muttered and frowned.

"If you can't do it,just wait for a bit. I'll help,just don't do anything stupid" Eric reminded and hung up.

"H-hyejin-ah.." Wheein called again,already on the verge of crying.

"Shh,okay calm down.." Hyejin whispered and pulled Wheein a bit farther from him.

"Look,he won't do anything to you" Hyejin said and caressed Wheein's head.

"And h-how do you know that,exactly?" Wheein asked,trembling.

"Cause,I. Won't let him touch even a strand of your hair" Hyejin said,pressing on the word 'I'. Wheein stared into Hyejin's eyes and nodded her head slowly.

Hyejin sighed of relief and looked back to Eric's previous spot.

"Oh ! Where did he went?!" Hyejin questioned and looked around frantically.

"Oh no.." Wheein muttered and looked at the other alleys,but to no avail,there was no trail of Eric.

They looked around the market,trying to find him.

---------------------------------

YONGSUN POV(Continuation)

I hummed a song as I waited for my turn,glancing around at the same time.

------------------------------------

FLASHBACK

I felt a poke on my shoulder and turned my head around,stopping my hum as a grinning hamster came in view.

"You should be a singer" She blurted. I blushed and cleared my throat.

"You said you're going to the toilet,what's taking you so long?" I asked,attempting to change the subject.

"Changing the topic,I see~ Well,I uh..I bumped into someone!" She replied and smiled.

"Ahh.." I nodded my head.

"So,you've been standing in this queue for 15 minutes now?" She asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah.." I replied and smiled sheepishly. She sighed and glanced at the queue,there's three more people before us.

"You should go and take a seat,I'll order for us" She said and pointed at the empty table.

"N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter