A Key To Another Closed Door

Before You Go.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


MONDAY(Present) — 8:00a.m. — Home 



"Ugh.." I grunted as I woke up,feeling a sharp pain on my head. 



I opened my eyes slowly and immediately closed it back when the bright daylight came in view. I rubbed my face with my hands before opening my eyes again. Blinking a few times to get used to the lights. I sighed as I remembered the event before,feeling disappointed that I couldn't catch the killer. 



"Byul-ah..what do I do?" I whispered and stared at the rows of polaroid pictures hanging on the wire. My gaze stopped at the middle of the row and my heart sunk once again. 



'I've lost another memory of you..' I thought. 



I used all my strength to get off the bed and walked towards the picture. I took it off its clip and leaned my back on the bookshelves. 



'Jeju Island..' I thought and stared at the picture. I was alone in it,with sunset behind me with an empty space right beside me. 



I shut my eyes tightly to remember what happened in the picture. I was smiling,laughing but there's no her. I tried my best to remember her,even if it's just her voice in that moment but nothing. There's no trace of her,no. There's just..nothing. 



And a single tear ran down,followed by thousands of others. My heart couldn't bear this pain. It was too much. Too cruel. I couldn't save her,I couldn't find out who's the killer and I lost some memories of her. I've never felt this ed up. What should I do,Byul-ah? 



I felt so hopeless. This confusion,it's suffocating. I need you. I want you here with me. I want all of you so badly. But it's almost impossible to do so. I felt like a joke. I've tried all sort of things but they still take you. I've given my all but they still owned you. So,what do I do now,Byul-ah? 



"I'm begging.."


"Pleading.." 



I dropped to the floor.Eyes closed,hands clenched on the picture,crying. Praying. 



"Just help me one more time..." 



"Have mercy on me.."



"Please...help me"



"Just one"



"Last.."



"Time..." 



I prayed and leaned my back on the bookshelves,causing it to waver slightly. 



'Thud!' 



The loud sound startled me,causing me to open my eyes,looking at the source of the sound. I wiped my tears to clear the blurriness in my eyes. The navy-blue diary came in view. 



'Byul's diary...' I thought. 



My mother must've kept it on the bookshelves and I've forgotten about it. My hands moved towards the book, picking it up. I sniffed and opened the book. 



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



SATURDAY(12/02/07)



Father left again,would he come back? I want to go to the grandmas and grandpas house again...



------------------------------------------------------------------------



I flipped a few pages back. 



------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Wednesday(03/05/06)



Father bought me new pair of shoes!! I feel like I can run 10 times faster now!! 



---------------------------------------------------------------------------



I smiled as I remembered how she showed off the shoes in every chances she got. I flipped to the middle page. 



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------



Friday(28/02/15)



I knew it'll be this way. Why's everyone so eager to hurt me? First Eric and his friends,now him?  What a tiring day. Kim Yongsun,you're the only place I could turn to



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------



I frowned and read it again. I stared at the date,trying to remember the event that took place that day. 



----------------------------------------------------------------------------



FLASHBACK



"Byul-ah!" I exclaimed and skipped my way to her as she stood at the gate. 



"Hey~" She cooed,smiling lightly. 



"Uh?? What's wrong?" I asked as I stood in front of her,head tilted. 



  "Nothing,uh..unnie,I can't go home with you today" She replied. 



"Why?" I asked,frowning. 



"I got to meet someone" She answered. 



"Ah..do you want me to come with you?" I asked again. 



"No,it's fine" She replied and smiled. 



"Well,okay then.." I uttered,feeling a bit disappointed. 



"Then,I'll see you later!" She exclaimed and pinched my right cheek before running away. 



"Yah!!" I shouted and rubbed my cheek. 



"Bye!!" She shouted back,laughing. 



I grinned and shook my head before going back home. 



-----------------------------



Night — 10:00p.m.



Thud! 



I opened my eyes when I heard the sound on my window. I glanced towards it and waited for another sound but nothing happened. I cleared my throat and pulled the blanket above my head,trying to sleep again. 



Knock knock I immediately sat on my bed and looked at the window. My eyes almost popped out when I saw Byul  outside the window. I jumped off bed and walked towards the window. I frowned as I stood in front of it. 



"Hey" She said as I opened the window. 



"W-what are you doing here?" I asked and took a step back as she climbed in. She panted and walked passed me. 



"Robbing you" She joked and chuckled when my slap landed on her shoulder. 



"I'm being serious!" I said,eyes furrowed. 



She snorted and placed her bag on the floor. 



"Unnie,can I sleep here for the night? The floor is fine with me" She uttered,her voice sounded hoarse. 



"Byul-ah,what's wrong?" I asked worriedly and walked towards her. 



"Uh? Nothing's wrong..can I use your bathroom?" She questioned,turning her head right when I stood in front of her. Since it was dark,I couldn't see her face clearly. I scanned her body and realized she was still wearing her uniform. 



"Byul-ah" I called,feeling very curious. 



"Unnie" She blurted and sighed softly. 



"Can I use the bathroom? Please.." She said,which sounded more like a plead. Her voice cracked right at the end. I looked at her in concern. 



"O-okay..wait here" I said and ran to my closet,taking a clean towel. 



"Here..just take a shower,I'll prepare the clothes..uh..have you eaten??" I asked and handed her the towel. 



She took the towel and hung her head low,avoiding any eye contact. She shook her head slowly. I smiled and caressed her head. 


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter