Tracing The Untold Oddness

Before You Go.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein grinned widely,her dimple shown vividly as she placed the papers on the table.

"Wheein-ah" Hyejin called as she stared at the papers.

"Call me Inspector Wheein!" Wheein said proudly. Hyejin snorted and shook her head.

"Mind explaining these?" I said and looked at her in confusion. Wheein cleared and tapped the paper with her index finger.

"I kept the report from the incident before and this new incident to see what are the things that we've missed!" Wheein exclaimed and clapped her hands excitedly.

I gasped and blinked my eyes a few times as I grabbed the paper,scanning the contain.

"Nice~" Hyejin cooed. Wheein grinned proudly as they fist bumped each other.

"So..what did you get from this??" I asked,eyes glued on the papers.

"These cases are reaaaaallly weird" Wheein replied as she wore the old-looking glasses.

"Uh? Where did that come from?" I muttered and scratched my head.

"Yah! That's my aunt's!" Hyejin yelled suddenly,causing me to jump off my seat a little.

"Eyyy~ I need this to get into my character! Now shush!" Wheein replied.

"I swear I'll make a stew out of Ggomo" Hyejin mumbled as she leaned her back on the cushion.

"Just let her be,I need to know what she had found" I whispered to Hyejin. She sighed softly and nodded her head.

"You're ready??" Wheein asked. I nodded my head vigorously.

"Go on" Hyejin said calmly.

"The cases have a lot of similarities" Wheein informed.

"In what way?" I asked,leaning my upper body closer to her.

"Well,like before,the suspect took my grandma's bag but didn't took anything and instead,he or she just threw it away. This time,a few witnesses claim that the suspect just took whatever things on the counter and soon,the police found the things,still in their original shape. It wasn't open or bothered." Wheein uttered.

Hyejin cocked her right eyebrow as she got more interested in the new information.

"Now that's weird,a thief that doesn't steal anything" Hyejin blurted.

"Indeed" I supported and nodded my head.

"I wonder why they couldn't find the culprit,I mean there's CCTV footage and witnesses" Hyejin questioned.

"I think the suspect is really smart. This isn't something he or she rarely done. This is a professional kind of work" Wheein responded.

I kept a mum as my mind started to process all the information,trying to come up with a conclusion.

"Ah! One more thing,the guns and bullets used in both of the cases are the same" Wheein added.

'Same..same?' I thought and gasped when I came to one conclusion.

"Does it mean,it's the same person?!" I asked,eyes furrowed.

"Yes,it is. That's why I told you it's very strange!" Wheein confirmed.

"Heol" Hyejin blurted and exhaled loudly.

"And I don't think the suspect killed Moonbyul unnie just because she tried to stop them" Wheein continued.

"If it's the same person.." Hyejin trailed on her words as she tried to come up with the solution.

"Then that person targeted her...he or she had planned to kill her" I said and glanced at both of them. They finally came to realization and covered their mouth simultaneously.

"Holysh*t" Hyejin blurted and blinked her eyes repeatedly.

"That must be it.." Wheein muttered and frowned.

I sighed and leaned my forehead on my knuckles.

"Question is,who?" I questioned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

FLASHBACK

"I don't think he like me following you guys" Byul blurted suddenly as we waited for Eric who went to buy the movie tickets.

"Eyy~ What're you talking about? He's totally fine with it!" I coaxed and giggled when I saw her frowning.

I stared at her as everything in the surrounding just faded. Byul looked extra hot today,a LOT hotter than *cough* Eric. She wore a grey turtleneck,beige skinny jeans and black Oxford shoes. Not to forget her leather jacket and maroon beanie. Can you imagine how she'd look? So ing RUDE.

"So cute" She muttered as she stared at the front while I was too immersed staring at her side profile.

"You're cute" I blurted without thinking.

"Huh?" She asked,her eyes locked on mine.

I blinked my eyes a few times before realization slapped me right in the face.

'..' I thought and gulped hard.

"Uh..n-nothing" I replied and looked away.

"I'm pretty sure that you said something.." She said and looked at me suspiciously.

"Uh..uh..well..." I trailed on my words,trying to make up some reason.

"Hey! We can go in now,the movie's in 5 minutes!" Eric exclaimed,saving me from the ultimate embarrassment.

"Uh..then we should go now!" I replied and immediately walked to the entrance,pulling Eric's hand without realization.

"Let's go!" Eric cooed as he took the chance to hold my hand. My mind was clouded with what I just said to Byul that I didn't think about Eric's sudden skinship too much.

"What hall is it?" I asked.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter