Truth To Be Told

Before You Go.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Continuation

While thinking about the new information,I've finally arrived in front of the familiar white house. The porch,decorated with coffee tables and chairs. There's flower gardens on each sides,giving out a calming scent and view. Not to mention,the lake behind this house,it is breathtaking—very.

As I went in,a few old folks spending their times in the garden,appreciating the nature that people tend to take for granted. Their loving eyes and warm smiles. The wise words kept tidily in their faded memories. The lies they spat to protect their dearest family. The truth they hid to preserve happiness. The scars they received from their children who deceived. Now here they are,left here by some ungrateful human. Sad,isn't it?

I climbed the stairs and went in,the fabric softener scent greeted me.

"Hello~" I cooed as I met the familiar faces.

"Yongsunnie??" They blurted simultaneously. I chuckled and bowed.

"Aigoo..yongsun-ah!" The old nurse greeted as she placed the tray on the table to welcome me.

"Mrs.Heo!" I greeted back and return her warm hug.

She pulled away and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear,smiling.

"You're getting more and more pretty,dear" She blurted.

"Ah..eyy...I didn't change much" I replied and smiled sheepishly.

She chuckled and shook her head. I glanced around,noticing the slight change of the decorations. I averted my gaze back to her and met her eyes. Her expression showed concern and sympathy.

"I'm sorry for what happened to Byulyi..I couldn't even bring myself to watch the news about her..She's really a good kid" She said softly and gave a comforting squeeze on my shoulder.

I nodded my head and smiled bitterly. She returned the smile and glanced around.

"Ah! I need to send this first,aigoo I almost forgot about it!" She informed and walked back to the table, picking up the tray.

I chuckled as I watched her action.

"Just take a sit first,yeah?? I'll be right back!" She exclaimed and rushed through the hallway.

I walked and the plastic bag bumped against my shin,reminding me about the fruits. I looked down and lifted the plastic bag.

"Ah..the fruits" I muttered and frowned.

"I'll give it to her later.." I added as I moved to the living room,taking a seat on the familiar sofa. I placed the plastic bag on the coffee table in the same time.

I roamed my vision on the white wall filled with pictures,paintings and stopped abruptly as a funny looking drawing of a girl came in view.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I gazed at the drawing. Memories slowly filling in,replaying a certain memory of a certain person. My eyes fell on the initials at the right corner of the drawing.

M.B.Y

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback

"M.B.Y, Moon Byul Yi" I muttered as I read the initials on the corner of her drawing,hovering behind her.

She jumped off her seat slightly and frantically turned the paper around. She turned her head,looking at me with a frown. I smiled teasingly and hugged her shoulders.

"What are you drawing?" I asked and reached for the paper but failed as she was a bit faster to hide it away.

"N-nothing" She replied.

"Are you lying to me,byul-ssi?" I questioned and narrowed my eyes as I stared at her.

"Huh? N-no" She answered nervously.

"Hm" I hummed and walked around her table,taking a seat in front of her.

She glanced at me,her hands securely placed on the paper.

"I'm pretty sure it was a girl.." I mumbled, still narrowing my eyes.

"Ah! Ahahaha,unnie,did you see the banner they made outside?" She asked awkwardly,clearly trying to change the topic.

I glanced at the paper and furrowed my eyes as a thought came to me.

"Is it Krystal?" I asked,a tinge of jealousy showing.

"Huh?" She asked back,confused.

"Your drawing. Is it her?" I questioned again,this time,through my gritted teeth.

"Ah..uh..well" She mumbled and scratched the back of her head.

I pulled the chair closer to her table and placed my elbows on the table. I rested my chin on my palms,looking at her.

"Draw me too" I blurted,causing her to look at me in surprise.

"W-what?" She muttered.

"Can you draw me too?" I asked,hoping that she'll agree.

"I-I'm not a good artist" She replied.

"I don't mind it,Byulyi" I said,the jealousy grew more and more.

She sighed and scanned the empty classroom.

"Can I give it to you later?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my hands over my chest.

"Need to finish your 'Krystal' first?" I asked sarcastically,not to forget the inverted coma sign.

"It's not like that" She replied and poked my nose.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter