Untold Story Of A Painting

Before You Go.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Knock knock



"Honey?" My mother called. 


I sniffed and wiped my tears. I stood up and cleared my throat as I walked towards the door,placing the diary on the table in the process. I took a deep breath and opened the door, presenting a smile. 



"Yes?" I questioned. 



"Did I wake you up?" She asked,smiling guiltily. 



"No..I was already up" I replied and smiled. 



"Ah..well,honey there's two young girls coming to meet you. Hye..Hyejin and.." My mother informed as she tried to remember their name. 



"Huh? Ah! It must be Hyejin and Wheein!" I exclaimed. 



"Ah yes! They're downstairs" My mother replied and grinned. 



"Uh..mom,can you ask them to come to my room?" I asked and smiled sheepishly. 



"Sure thing,honey..oh! Don't forget to come down for breakfast later" She reminded. 


"Will do!" I replied and grinned as I watched her going downstairs. 



I let the door slightly open and walked back to my bed,taking a seat on it as I waited for them. 



"Is this it?" Wheein's voice echoed in the hallway. 



"Come in!" I shouted. 



They pushed the door slightly and went in,their eyes roamed around my room in awe. 



"Woah.." Wheein blurted as she walked in. 



"Your taste in interior designs is no joke,unnie" Hyejin said and nodded her head in satisfaction. 



Quick info: My room is quite spacious. There's a queen sized bed in the middle,a bookshelf,study table,bathroom,closet. It wasn't much but I would agree that I've made the right choices in the decorations. 



"You're rich" Hyejin teased. 



I snorted and shook my head in amusement. 



Another info: I wouldn't say that my family owns a company and we're rich as hell cause really,we're not. Instead,my father is a Director in oil industries. He used to work off shore but then he got promoted and work at the company instead. While my mother is a part-time writer for magazines. Which resulted her to work from home. Yonghee is still studying at Ewha University,most probably going to be a fashion designer. 



"This must be Byul unnie" Wheein said as she looked at the pictures. Hyejin walked towards Wheein and joined her. 



"She's pretty" Hyejin uttered. 



"And handsome too..she looks a bit like uh..what's his name??" Wheein questioned and scratched her head. 



"She looks like Xiumin from Exo" Hyejin responded. 



"Yeah! Him! And..oh! Is it Minhyuk? Is that his name??" Wheein asked as she glanced at Hyejin,feeling excited. 



"Who? Minhyuk from CNBlue?" Hyejin asked back. 



"Noooo..the one from BTOB!" Wheein exclaimed. 



"Ah..him..Well,she does resemble him a little but I still think she looks like Xiumin more" Hyejin replied. 



"Well,I couldn't disagree to that" Wheein said and nodded her head. 



I smiled as I watched their backs,somehow it reminds me of Byul and I. 



--------------------------------------------------------------------------



FLASHBACK



I walked back in the gallery after going to the restroom. I went passed a few people and scanned around for any signs of the hamster. My father bought me two tickets to this art exhibition since I enjoyed this kind of artsy things. And of course,who else would I brought with me if it's not my all time crush? 



"There you are.." I muttered under my breath when I saw her stood in front of the huge white canvas with a red line in the middle. I stopped on my spot as I stared at her.



This moment felt so unreal. She stood there,the lights shone right upon her and there's no one else since this is the last section of the exhibition. Not to mention how she looked so freaking good in her black suit. 



I took out my phone and bit my lips as I snapped a few shots of her. 



"Very nice~" I nodded my head in satisfaction and kept my phone in my bag. I walked slowly towards her,trying not to make any sound since I was wearing high heels.



I moved closer and my breath hitched when she suddenly placed her hands in her pockets. I sighed of relief that she didn't turn around. As I reached right behind her,I s my hands around her waist,causing her to startle and turned her head. 



"God..Yongsun" She muttered and sighed of relief,caressing her chest with one hand. 



"Miss me?" I asked and rested my left cheek on her left shoulder,staring at her. 



"Do you want the truth or the lies?" She asked,smiling teasingly. 



"Lies" I replied shortly,grinning. I intertwined my fingers together,hugging her tighter. 



"I don't miss you at all" She joked. I chuckled and moved my head,resting my chin on her shoulder instead. 



"What have you been staring at,this whole time?" I asked as I stared at the painting. 



"This" She replied shortly and pointed at the painting. 



"Why?" I asked again,glancing at her side profile. 



"I don't get it" She answered truthfully. 



"Uh? But you're gawking on it like a true artsy person..?" I teased. She chuckled and tilted her head,staring at the painting intently. 



"I'm pretty sure the painter had their own story behind this painting yet I couldn't come up with any..is it a sad story? Romantic? Happy?" She uttered. My heart melted whenever she showed this side of her. 



"Hm..what about you? What's your story for this painting? Sad story? Happy story? Or...romantic?" I questioned,staring at her expectantly. 



"Me? Well.." She muttered and smiled. 



"Somewhere in between? Not too sad,not too happy and not too romantic. Righ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter