Never Letting Go

Before You Go.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11:00a.m.

After eating together,the puppy and lion excused themselves and went home.

I just took a quick shower and decided to visit Byul. I went in my walk-in closet to find some clothes to wear.

"Hm.." I hummed and bit my lips,not knowing what to choose.

I trailed my hands against the fabrics,walking around the closet and stopped abruptly on a familiar vanity jacket. No,there were two of them. I stared at the name engraved behind it.

MoonByul

I smiled and looked at the other one.

YongSun

Engraved on the back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLASHBACK

I sat at the stairs,watching the track athletes practising. I used Byul's jacket as a blanket,covering the front part of my body as the chilly wind blew on me.

Honestly,I envy their jackets. I mean,the official athletes varsity jacket. For every sport,there's different designs,depending on how well they do in their fields. The better they are,the better their design is.

The jacket I'm using now,by far is the best of them all. I still believe that Coach Lee might had bought this from H&M,no kidding.

The jacket's main colours are black and yellow. The body is full cotton,coloured yellow and the sleeves made from black leather. The small logo pridefully sewed on the right,at the chest area. Not to forget her name,beautifully plastered on the back with black fonts. The best part of them all is the warmness. Like man,I need this jacket for life. Too bad that I'm not as athletic as the greasy hamster.

"Ready!" Coach Lee's voice echoed in the field,cutting my train of thoughts.

Byul crouched on the track,her feet placed on the starting blocks,heads down,staring at the ground.

"Set!" He shouted again,standing in the same line with Byul,outside the track.

Byul lifted her lower body,her head lifted, getting ready to run.

Other runners sat outside the track,taking a break as it was Byul's turn for her time check.

"Go!" Right after he shouted,Byul ran off a good start and sprint right after,she reached the middle point in a blink of an eye.

"You're doing good!" Coach Lee informed.

Byul arrived at the starting point right after and ran a few steps more,decreasing her momentum slowly. She panted and walked back to her coach,checking her own time.

"It's quite similar to your record before,might need a bit more push,can you do it?" Coach Lee said as he wrote something on the record book.

"Yes,sir!" Byul replied.

"Okay,5 minutes break,then you'll do 400 sprint" He informed. Byul nodded her head,wiping the sweats on her forehead.

Byul glanced at me and smiled,making her way towards me.

"Cold?" She asked as soon as she got closer.

"Not anymore,thanks to your jacket" I replied,grinning.

"Here" I added as I handed her the water bottle.

"Thank you~" She cooed and took a big gulp of it.

I bit my lips as I stared at her neck,having absolutely,not an innocent thought.

"Ahh~" She blurted and wiped the excess water on her lips with the back of her hand.

"Do you want one?" She asked suddenly,closing the lid.

"Huh?" I questioned,feeling confused.

"The jacket" She answered and sat beside me.

"Honestly,I'm dying for one but I can't even climbed the stairs without panting on the third one" I joked and chuckled.

She glanced at me and grinned,shaking her head.

"I can get you one,with your name on it" She said and wriggled her eyebrows. I cocked an eyebrow as I looked at her unbelievably.

"It's only for the athletes,Byul-ssi" I replied and shook my head.

She groaned and leaned her back.

"You have no faith in me!" She said,feeling unsatisfied.

"Don't say thaaaaaaaaaat" I said and pinched her right cheek,pulling it lightly.

"Come on,you want it or not??" She asked again.

I sighed and decided to play along.

"If I say yes,how will you get it? I can't be an athlete and you know that" I said frankly and grabbed my bag,ping it.

"Well.." She trailed on her word as she looked at my actions.

"Well?" I repeated as I fished out a clean handkerchief.

"If I won a medal,I can request for anything from coach" She uttered and stared at me. I lifted her bangs slightly and dabbed the handkerchief on her forehead.

"Hm? Okay.." I blurted,not really paying attention since I was too focused on wiping her sweats. Honestly,I didn't think she was serious about it so I pay it no mind.

"Yong-ah" She called.

"Hm?" I replied as I fixed her bangs back.

She suddenly held my wrists,causing me to look at her shockingly. She stared at me intently,urging me to meet her eyes. Our eyes locked on each other and it almost felt as if the world only revolves around us. I gulped hard as I felt nervous of what she's about to say.

"I'll get one for you,I promise" She uttered and whispered the last part.

I sighed and held her arms,caressing the pads of my thumbs on it.

"Byul,I'm fine really..you don't ha-"

"Byulyi! Break's over!" Coach Lee reminded,causing us to pull away immediately. Both of us turned our heads towards him.

"Be right there!" Byul shouted back and averted her gaze back to me.

"Gotta go now,are you still gonna wait for me here? You can go home first if you're tired" Byul said warmly and rubbed her nape.

"I'll wait" I replied confidently and grinned.

"If you sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter