Coincidentally Close Encounter

Before You Go.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Continuation — In front of the Psychic Shop — 4:30p.m

"So what are your plans now,unnie?" Hyejin asked,finishing the leftover coke.

I bit my lips as I pondered on my decision.

"Well,I'm planning to go back to that day" I replied as I moved my hands from the steering to my lap.

"To save Byul unnie?" Wheein asked.

"Well,above that,I want to know who the killer is" I said truthfully.

"So..you're gonna let the murder happen again??" Wheein asked again,eyebrows knitted.

"That's the only way to catch the killer" I informed and looked outside the window.

"Cause even if I got to save Byul,the killer would still be aiming her now" I added.

"That's true..but it's too dangerous,don't you think?" Hyejin questioned,frowning.

"I got no choice,Hyejin-ah. The only way to save Byul is by capturing the killer.." I explained and sighed softly. They glanced at each other and sighed.

"Well,then..uh..if you need any help,just give us a call" Wheein said genuinely and held my hands. I smiled and nodded my head in response.

"Uh Hyejin-ah,is it possible to change the timeline? I mean,can I wake up at different times? Like before,it was morning. Can I change it to night?" I questioned.

"Uh? Well,I never tried it before but there's a way for that..wait here!" She exclaimed and immediately ran out of the car,straight into the shop.

I cocked my right eyebrow as I stared at the shop's door. I then glanced at Wheein and gave her a questioning look.

"She's taking her grandmother's journal..that's where the instructions are" Wheein exclaimed and smiled.

"Ahh.." I nodded my head and chuckled.

The shop's door opened and Hyejin ran out with an old journal in her arms. She panted as she got in the car,sitting on the passenger seat. She took a deep breath and exhaled loudly. She then tilted her body towards me and opened the journal.

"Where...time...time..ah!" She muttered and read the content. I stared at the book but couldn't read it properly because of the handwriting. She then closed the journal,placing it on her lap.

"Okay!" Hyejin exclaimed and clapped her hands.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and gulped hard as I waited for to continue.

"Well,it says here that the time could be change...you just have to set the time in your mind,repeat your intention 3 times,just like before and whisper her name!" Hyejin informed.

"Oh.." I nodded my head and took the notes in my mind.

"Be careful unnie.." Wheein uttered.

"I will" I replied and smiled,assuring her.

-----------------------------

6:30p.m. — Home

After sending Wheein home while Hyejin stayed with her aunt,I drove back home and went to my room to take a quick shower. I went downstairs after and ate my dinner. Our routine went back just like how it was before. We talked about several things and joked around in between. My parents told me that they're happy that I'm no longer depressing myself. After a warm conversations,I excused myself and went to my room.

9:00p.m.

I laid on my bed just like before,with the watch in my hand,over my chest.

I focused my thought on the time after we parted ways.

"I need to know who the killer is.."

"I need to know who the killer is.."

"I need to know who the killer is..please"

I muttered and closed my eyes,just like before,I slowly became sleepy.

"Moon Byul Yi" I whispered and everything went pitch black,again.

__________________________________________________________

MONDAY(19/02/28) — 5:30p.m.

My eyes shot wide opened and I sat on the bed.

"Aigoo..take a shower first,would you? How could you sleep right after coming home?" Yonghee asked and shook her head.

I glanced at my body and realized I was wearing uniforms. I turned my head towards the clock, '5:30p.m.'

'Thank God it worked..' I thought and sighed of relief.

"I'm borrowing this!" Yonghee informed and wriggled the dictionary in her hand before walking out,not even waiting for an answer.

I groaned as I felt the sore on my neck,probably from the wrong position of sleeping. I slowly got up of the bed and went in the bathroom.

6:30p.m.

I wore my go-to red sweater and jeans. I've decided to go to the cafe before Byul. I went downstairs and told my mother that I'm going to meet Byul.

"Don't come home too late!" My mother reminded as I wore my sport shoes.

"Yes,mom~" I replied and shook my head.

"Bye!" I stood up and planted a kiss on her cheek before going out.

Navi Café — 6:45p.m.

I went in and took the farthest table from the table Byul sat before so that she won't notice me.

I bit my lips and tried to come up with a plan. I snapped my fingers as an idea popped in my mind.

"Police!" I exclaimed and immediately dialled 112.

(The conversation—Yongsun[Y], Policeman[P])

P:Police department,what can we help you with?

Y:H-hello,I want to report something

P:Yes? Please proceed.

Y:Uh..well,I'm sensing a dangerous situation might happen here

P: Yes? We need to know your name and where exactly you are now,ma'am.

Y: I..I'm at Navi Café,Dongdaemun district. My name is Kim Yongsun..

P:Could you explain your situation,ma'am?

Y: Uh..i-it's normal but I feel like something bad will happen

P: Please remain calm,we'll be sending our officers to check it as soon as possible

Y: Okay,thank you..

I ended the call and sighed of relief. I scanned my surrounding to search for anyone who looks suspicious or should I say Eric?

7:30p.m

A few customers already went out. I yawned as I waited for the killer but everyone seems harmless at this point and there's no signs of Eric. I saw a police car passed by the café,probably patrolling around the neighbourhood.

Right then the door opened and Byul went in,with the same emerald trench coat. I hid my face with the menu book when she glance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter