Chapter 21

Online [Michaeng]

A glass of orange juice I keep in my hand, afraid it'll fall. My back leans to the wall as my head bops in the music Amber is playing at the very front of this place. Yes, she is the DJ. A fantastic DJ. I take a sip of my orange juice and let the taste lingers in my mouth before swallowing it. I put the glass on the table beside me and adjust my tie. Lowering a bit and my top shirt button. I'm not trying to be y, it's just very hot in here for some reason. I fix my eyes in a certain place and I am not taking my eyes off. I'm doing my job. I'm keeping Mina's safe from that Park ing Jimin. He's toxic I tell you. I have to be careful. I told Mina to tell Jimin I didn't come so I hope he doesn't see me. Right now they are talking on the other side of the room which I can clearly see despite being at the back of a plant that's taller than me. I sigh and left my space to get some food. On the way to the food table. I spot Tzuyu at one of the table, alone. I pick up a pizza without pineapple topping, mac and cheese and refill my drink.
"So I assume this seat isn't taken?" I put my food on the table and my blazer to make myself comfortable.
"Hey Chaeng. Where's Mina?" she asks.
"she's with Jimin" I answer and she turns around and gives me a confuse look.
"are you ing with me? She doesn't come does she?" she laughs a bit assuming I was joking.
"no I'm serious. Look" I point at Mina and Jimin who is till chatting on the other side of the room.
"are you crazy?! Why would you let your girlfriend going out with other guy? And Jimin? Are you insane?!" I cover my eyes and she shouts.
"yo yo calm down. That's why I'm here. I'm keeping an eye on them" I sip my orange juice and lean on the chair.
"but you're the one who should dance with her not him!" she half shouts.
"why are you more emotional that I am? It's not like he's dancing with Sana or something. Talking about it, where is she?" I ask.
"she couldn't come. She said she has a family dinner tonight. It sounds serious that she couldn't pass"
"I see. Then let's just have fun"

___________________________________

The prom is almost over and I've grown closer to them in some way. Tzuyu left a while ago and now I'm all alone. I keep glancing at Jimin and then look at my watch. 1050. It think it's time. I take out my phone and start to text Mina.
[Chaeng] I think he can go now. His business is done.
I look back at Mina who's searching for her phone in her handbag. She unlocks it and types.
[My Princess ❤️] I think so too. I'll tell him I have to go home.
She put her phone in her back as I walk closer to them in order to hear their conversations.
"I think I should go. Chaeyoung wants me home" she says to him who looks unhappy about him.
"why do you have to listen to her orders? Let's just head to my place instead" he suggests which is inappropriate and starts pulling her hand. What the is he thinking?
"no Jimin I really have to go" she pulls her hand harder as Jimin doesn't want to let go.
"Leave Chaeyoung Mina, be with me instead. I can give you everything. I can give you a better life, children, proper marriage, and every other things that Chaeyoung can't give you. I'M MUCH BETTER THAN HER" he shouts at his last remark which makes me boils in anger but keep it cool instead. I step to the front and loudly just to make sure they hear my footstep. My hands my my pockets and and lollipop in my mouth. As I step in, both of them look at my direction. I take out my lollipop and hold it in my right hand.
"tch sorry but that's so pathetic, my boy Jimin" I smirk at him and he portrays a shock looking face and his eyes looking straight into my eyes.
"I'm taking my girl home, to a much safer place with safer person" I continue and walks into Mina's direction, gently hold her hand and pulls her with me.
"please do as you promised Park Jimin. By the way, I am much more better than you and that's a fact" I put the lollipop back in my mouth and walk hand in hand with Mina to the parking lot.

As I sit in the driver seat, I hand the lollipop to Mina.
"want some? I mean if you want to get rid of his bitterness then sure" I look away but I can sense her smile and her soft angelic finger rubs against my finger as she takes the mentioned lollipop.
"thanks"
We reach home in silence because none of us really have anything to talk about. Sure we don't walk to discuss about what happened earlier, it's was too early for that. 
I park my car in the garage and get out the car, unlock the door and stretch my arms and legs. Suddenly I feel a pair of arms around my waist.
"um Mina?" I touch her hand which is around my waist, I turn around and take a step back to sit on the sofa. She sits on my lap. I tuck her hair behind her ear revealing a nice earring.
"what's wrong?" I put my arms around her waist as she puts her arms around my neck. 
"are you mad at me?" she asks while playing with my tie, loosening it a lot. 
"no baby, why would I?" 
"you know, because I went to the prom with Jimin instead of you" she says rubbing my neck. I stop her hand. 
"no I'm not mad and don't do that it tickles" 
"You're mad!" she shouts and pouts. I couldn't tell if she serious or not but she looks so cute I can't help but giggle. 
Suddenly she grabs my tie and pulls it towards her direction. She connects our lips while still holding my tie. I blush at the sudden movement. She parts our lips and I sutter trying to arrange my sentence. 
She stars ing my shirt. One by one. The tie was long gone to somewhere I don't care.
"why are you extra hot tonight baby?" I slowly move my knee which inside of the skirt gently. 
"You're the one who's very handsome tonight Miss Son" she hold up my chin and stare at my eyes. I lost my way inside of her eyes.
*ring* *ring*
We both stop. I look at my phone on the coffee table, ringing. I tap her thigh telling her to get up from my lap. I look at the caller's name and groan. 
"seriously?" I mutter under my breath. I pick it up.
"i thought we're done?" I say without greeting the caller. 
"no Chaeyoung I'm not here for that. Please listen to me" the other person says in between her sobs. I raise one of my eyebrows, confuse by the situation. 
"okay, what happened, why are you crying?" although she keeps courting me, she's still my friend and I care for her. Finally she says it. Tears rolls down my face like there's no end. My legs become numb and I can't stand. I fall right there, next to the coffee table. 
"You okay?!" I hear Mina's concern tone and come at me. I look at her with teary eyes. 
"What's wrong? Who called you?" she uses her thumb to wipe my tears away. There's a long silence before I can't finally speak. 
"Mrs Lee passed away" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ps; heyyyy it been a while. Yeah I has been a year since I started writing this story and I hope it won't flop T^T Thank you guys for reading and hope you enjoy!