Chapter 13

Online [Michaeng]

I drive to the mentioned Cafe and park my car. I look around and noticed Somi already sitting on one the table and playing with her phone. I walk into the Cafe and the waiter greets me with a wide smile.
"welcome Miss, how many?" he asks
"its fine my friend is here" I bow to him and walk to Somi.
"Heyy" I tap the table.
"hey" she replies and smiles.
"Have you order?" I ask her pointing at the counter.
"not yet I just arrived"
"I'll order for you what do you want? It's on me"
"really? Then anything's fine"
I walk to the counter and start to queue behind a dude. I wait there patiently while playing my phone.
"May I take your order Miss?" the waitress asks. I turn off my phone and keep it in my pocket.
"ah yes can I have a cup of hot chocolate and a cup of iced Americano?"
"right away
I lift up the tray that contains two cups of drinks on if. I walk carefully trying not to spill the drinks before safely arrive at the table. 
"here you go" I hand her the ice Americano. 
"thank you for the treat. Oh wow Son Chaeyoung drinks hot chocolate? Surprising." she makes a fake shock face. I laugh. 
"I don't see what's wrong with it" I say as I take a seat. 
"well me neither, it's cute" she says and she's stirring her drink. 
"so how's life?" she asks me. 
"Nothing much, everything's the same. How about you?" I say while sipping my hot chocolate after blowing it. 
"after I stopped working at that ahjumma's restaurant I continued studying but I work as a dance instructor at a dance club" 
"that's really cool. How's love life?" I raise my eyebrows teasingly and smirk. She laughs. 
"well I think I kinda find this girl appealing" she says while throwing a shy smile. 
"wohoo what she's like? You know I must make sure she's good enough to have someone like you" 
"well she's short, a lot shorter than me, cute, has cute dimples, a bit older, has short hair and her family name is Son" 
Wait a minute. Don't tell me...
"I like you Chaeyoung" 
I put my cup on the table. 
_______________________________

I turn off my car and walk inside. I ruffle my hair before going in. My mind is a mess. Life is basically a mess. I open the front door and toss away my car keys. I look at the clock. Almost 10 pm. I bet she's sleeping. 
"oh hey you're home" Mina greets from the kitchen holding a cup of warm milk. She puts the cup on the table and walks to me who's standing still at the front door with shoes on. 
"Hey sweetheart what happened?" she puts her hand on my cheek. Mina and her penguin pajama is extremely cute. 
"something happened" I say avoiding her eyes. 
"tell me about it"
"let me take a shower first?" I say as I remove her hand from my face. 
"sure"

I wipe my hair after a refreshing shower. I walk to my room and find Mina on my bed playing with her phone. I walk straight to the make up table and comb my hair. 
"oh you're done"
I just hum in response. Suddenly I feel a pair of arm around my waist and a chin on my right shoulder. 
"why are you so gloomy?" she asks. 
I put the comb down and push her to sit on the bed gently. I sit beside her. 
"you see um" I look at her. 
"um Somi, she um confessed to me that um she likes me" I say avoiding her eyes. I wait for her response. 
"what did you tell her?" she asks in more serious tone. I wouldn't blame her though. 
"of course I told her I have you" I rub her arm gently.
"you know, it's my fault too. I think I should mark you so that everyone knows you're mine" 
"what are yo-" my words are cut by a pair of lips softly press against mine. I'm beyond shock but still respond to her kiss. It's kinda rough but still gentle. I could feel her tongue in between my lips asking to come in and I gladly open it. Our tongue are battling inside my mouth before she breaks our kiss and move to my ears, nibbling it softly. I moan a little because of the sensation. She left my ears and go to my neck, at right spot and leave some hickeys. 
"there you go" she says as she rub the hickeys she left at my neck. 
"now people would know you're mine" she says and smirks afterwards. I stand up to look at myself in front of the mirror. 
"oh my God Mina" I rub the hickeys. 
"cool right" 
"what? How would I go to college tomorrow?" 
"just show it off" she answers calmly. 
"you know what?" I walk to her. 
"what?" she answers while looking at me.
"you should have some too" 
__________________________________

I wake up with Mina beside me. No we didn't do anything beside planting hickeys all over our neck like seriously, I don't even know how to cover this up. I look at the clock. 7:01 am. Class won't start until 10 today so it's still early for me but I don't know about Mina. I turn to my left and see Mina sleeping soundly. I tap her arm. 
"Mina what time your class starts?" I asks not expecting any response from her but she slowly opens her eyes and blink. Looking at me emotionlessly. 
"hmm I think 930" she says follows by her yawning. 
"what time is it now?" she asks. 
"705"
"still early" she says before putting her arm around me, buries her face in my neck and drifts off to sleep. I smile because of the warmth she's giving me. I hug her back but I can't sleep. Just enjoying her presence. After seeing her sleeping back I toss my part of the blanket away and go out of the room. I open the fridge and take out a carton of strawberry milk. I look outside and notice something in the mail box. I raise my eyebrows and go to take a look. I open the mail box and found a bouquet of roses and a box of chocolate. 
"who is it from?" the voice behind me asks. 
"you surprised me ugh" I say as I roll my eyes and touch my chest. 
"sorry" 
I look at the chocolate and notice there's a note there. I open the note and my mouth widen of shockness. 

Good morning Chaengie ❤️ I hope you had a nice sleep and have a nice day. Don't skip your meal and be healthy okay. Love you ❤️
- Jeon Somi, your future girlfriend 

I groan and roll my eyes. I show the note to Mina and she groans too. 
"I thought you rejected her?" she says while folding her arms together to her chest. 
"I did. But..." 

Flashback
"I like you Chaeyoung" 
I put the cup on the table and took a deep breath. I couldn't control my expression since she kept staring at me. 
"I like you since forever but I couldn't say it to you because I'm scared. Although we didn't talk for quite a while but my feelings for you remains here" she pointed at her chest. 
"right now I don't think I like you anymore because I already fall in love with you" she confessed while holding my hand. 
"Somi, listen. It's not that i don't like you" I took a deep breath. 
"but I already have someone, someone that completes my life. She may not be here from the start but she's here to stay. I'm sorry but I only like you as a friend. I'm sorry I can't love you back like you love me. Don't worry we can still be friends." I said and rub her arm gently. 
"that's it then I have to do it my way" she stood up. 
"what are you talking about?" I asked more in a harsh tone. 
"I'll make you..." she pointed and me. "...fall for me. Just watch me Son Chaeyoung" she pointed at herself and leave. I was left there dumbfounded. 

Present 
"well that's what happened" I rub my neck awkwardly. 
"let's go in, it's cold" she says as she kinda drags me with her. 
"hey are you mad?" I ask while she's still dragging me. 
"no" she answers slowly. 
I know she is but I keep quiet. 
We sit on the sofa together watching the morning news. 
"Mina" I call her. No response. 
"Penguin" No response. 
"Loveeeeee" I whine while nearing her. She gives in and face me. 
"Yes?" 
"don't be like this please" I whine and give her my puppy eyes. I can feel her stiff arms soften a bit and relaxes. I lay myself on her lap.
"I'm sorry it's not your fault that she likes you" Mina apologizes.
"Yeah I'm irresistible"
"cocky" she says while perking her lips. Uwu. 
"okay we should take a bath now." I say as I stand up. 
"wanna take a bath together?" 
I gulp. 
"um a-are you s-serious?" I facepalm myself for stuttering. 
"of course not" she says while laughing leaving me there with a red face. 
"yah Myoui Mina you meanie" I shout at her who's walking out from her room with towel around her shoulder. 
She walks towards me who's pouting. 
"eyy my baby is upset" she says squishing my cheeks together. 
"you meanie" I say with my perking lips. She pulls my wrist and leads me. 
"What are you doing?" I ask her before she suddenly pushes me inside the bathroom and shut the door.