Chapter 10

Online [Michaeng]

I feel like an absolute . My throat hurts and my nose is runny. I can't even fully open my eyes. Why is the air conditioner so ing cold today? I pull the cover above my head and turn myself into a ball in it.
"Chaeyoungie" I hear Mina calls for me from the door but I can't seem to answer her. Oh and yes we slept separately last night because Mina had to stay up late to do some assignments and she said she doesn't want to disturb my sleep even though I said I want to accompany her. 
"Chaeyoungie wake up" Mina comes closer to me a remove a bit of the cover.
"are you okay? Your face is red?" she pushes her palm slightly to my forehead.
"oh my God you're burning" she keeps on touching my face, every inch of it.
"I'm fine"
"No you're not, I'll bring you to the clinic"
"b-but *cough* you have class today"
"It's not important, you're more important" She sits on my bed and starts to play with my hair. 
"no Mina y-you have to go. I can take care of myself" I remove Mina's hand from my head and sit up straight. 
"you gave your jacket to me yesterday that's why you catch cold. I'm the one who is responsible so let me take care of you"
"it's not a big deal really. I'd rather be like this than looking at the sick you" I pull the cover up to my neck and lower down my body so that the cover can cover half of my blushing face. 
"uwu don't make me cry" 
"now you *cough* go to class" 
"are you sure you're okay?" she asks while cupping my face. 
"absolutely" 
"want me make soup for you?" 
"won't you be late?" 
"nah, I'll make it for you" 
Mina leans in a little to kiss my lips but I turn my head away earning a frown from the girl. I put my hand on her lips and look deeply into her eyes. 
"I don't want the virus to spread okay?" 
She perks her lips and remove my hand from her lips. 
"can't even a peck?" she looks at me with sparkly eyes. 
"okay fine" I lean in and give Mina a quick peck making her smile widely. I love her smile so much it's like heaven. 
"fair enough" she gets up and head outside. 
I follow her back, bringing my cover with me and flop myself on the sofa with the cover on me while Mina walks to the kitchen. I yawn loudly and turn on the television.
"holy damn blackpink's comeback song is so good" I say as the television shows blackpink comeback stage. 
"I know right" Mina answers from the kitchen. 
"the title is weird though, ddu du ddu du what the *cough* ?"
"hey you're sick and cursing? Seriously" 
"sorry" 

A few minutes late Mina comes to the living room. 
"are you sure you're alright Chaengie?" she my short hair. 
"y- *cough* yes" 
"here put this on" she removes the plastic from the cool fever and put it on my forehead. 
"thanks" I smile at her. 
"I have to go now, take care okay? Call me if you need me" she kisses my cheek and go to her room to pick up her bag. 
"how are you *cough* gonna get there?" I ask because Mina doesn't have license. I'm the one who usually drive. 
"I can take the bus" she replies. 
"no no t- *cough* that's dangerous. Let me drive you *cough* there" I stand up, my body still in my cover. 
"No sweetheart" she pushes me back making me sit back. 
"you..." she points at me "...go rest" she points at my bedroom. 
"B-but" 
"No but but, now go" I obey her and walk slowly to the bedroom. Mina walks to the front door. 
"I'll go now, I love you" she shouts from the front door. 
"be *cough* safe, I love you too" 
She smiles and left. After that I flop myself on my bed and try to sleep but fail. Then I realize, I need her warmth. I frown and roll all over my bed. After about 20 minutes finally I fall asleep. 

I wake up an hour and a half later due to the growling of my stomach. I stand up from my bed and proceed to the kitchen. I open the pot on the table exposing a very nice smell of seaweed soup. Mina sure is a good cook. After that I go to my room, take the jacket that's behind the door, wear it, go out to my car and drive to the nearest clinic. As soon as I arrive at the clinic the nurse at the counter greets me. 
"welcome Miss" 
"Good morning *cough* this is my card" 
"please wait there" she points at the waiting corner. A few minutes later the same nurse calls me to meet the doctor, without wasting any time I walk to the room and meet her.
"good morning Doctor Seo" 
"Good morning Son Chaeyoung" 
"it's been a while since I saw you Joohyun unnie" 
"Yeah it's been a while, so how you're feeling?" 
"not fine *cough* of course" 
"I could see that" she giggles. 
While she checks me, we have a little conversation. 
"so how's *cough* life?" 
"Not bad, I met a cute girl and I kinda have interest in her" 
"ohohohoho what's her name?" 
"Im Yoona, we met at a fashion show" 
"she has a beautiful name"
"yeah" 
She puts the thermometer in my mouth. After a few seconds she takes it out. 
"39°, kinda high" she writes it down. 
"I'll give you medicine for fever, cough and antibiotics. Okay that's it Chaeyoung hope you'll recover soon" she pats my head. 
"thank you Doctor Seo" 
I pick up the medicines from the front counter and drive home. While the traffic light turn red, my notification tone could be heard. 
[My love ❤️] Sweetheart 
[My love ❤️] how are you feeling? 
[Chaeng] I just met the doctor 
[Chaeng] she said I only have normal fever. 
[My love ❤️] do you want me to go home? 
[My love ❤️] I'm worried 
[Chaeng] Don't worry I'm fine Mina
[Chaeng] wait are you texting in class? 
[My love ❤️] well, uh I'm worried 
[Chaeng] don't worry about me, now focus. 

The light turn green and I continue to drive. I drive straight home to prevent myself getting worse. Yeah I lied to Mina about the condition of my fever because I don't want her to get more worried. My throat is getting more and more painful. I should get home soon. I park at my garage and check my phone again. 

[My love ❤️] be safe okay
[My love ❤️] I'll come home as soon as possible. 
[My love ❤️] drink a lot of water. 
[My love ❤️] I love you

I smile at the text. How cute.

[Chaeng] I said don't worry 
[Chaeng] I'm perfectly fine
[Chaeng] I love you too 

I sigh and get in the house, put all the medicines on the table and I decide to ignore it. I hate medicine. I flop myself on the sofa, grab the nearest blanket and bring myself to the dreamland. 

Half an hour later I wake up by a very, very weird dream. I can hear clearly Mina's voice asking help from me. What is this? Is it just a dream? I could feel my heart beat faster remembering that dream. I put my hand over my chest calming myself down. I'm super worried right now. I text her. 

[Chaeng] Love 
[Chaeng] are you okay? 
[Chaeng] where are you? 
[Chaeng] Mina answer me
[Chaeng] please Mina answer me I'm worried 

Why isn't she answering me? Did something happened to her? I should go check on her. Better safe than sorry. Forgetting about my condition I toss the blanket away and stand up. My body still a lot unstable making me tumble and fall on my . My head spin uncontrollably and my coughing become insane. I stand up back, tumble a few times and look at myself in the mirror. My face is all red. I don't think I can go out like this but I have to. I take a thicker jacket from my room and pick up my car keys. I drive straight to my university. 

I park at the nearest parking spot from the front entrance and search for Mina. I spot Nayeon who's talking to Jihyo at the entrance. 
"oh Chaeyoung? I thought you didn't come today. Mina told us that you're sick" Nayeon said. 
"Where's *cough* *cough* Mina?" 
"I'm not sure, I last saw her eating with Momo at the cafeteria but that was during lunch." 
I walk fastly around despite my condition. I spot Jeonghan leaning on his locker and decide to ask him. 
"J- Jeonghan had you seen Mina?" I wipe the sweat that's visible on my forehead. 
"Omg Chaeyoung what's up with you, you look terrible" He touches my face and takes his hand away immediately. 
"Chaeyoung you're burning! Go home and rest" 
"I don't care about me! *cough* Now where's Mina?!" 
"I saw her at the back building with a guy when I was heading to the swimming center to meet Seungch-" 
"Okay thank you pretty boy" 

With a guy?! Who's that guy?! I need to hurry since I can't comfirm Mina's safety. I run with all of my energy to the back building and I see Mina, with her ex boyfriend pinning her on the walk trying to kiss her. I try to catch my breath and I run towards them and hit BamBam with my left elbow making him fall on the dusty ground. 
"OW WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" He stands up and trying to punch me but I hold it with my hand. Because of my condition I can't hold it very long and it ends up landing on my cheek a few times before I stand up and kick his 'treasure' hard making him fall on the ground in pain. I take this opportunity to take Mina away from him. We run unstoppable until we reach the garden in the middle of the main building. I fall on the ground and I lose consciousness. 


Ps; Who is your Seventeen bias? Comment your Seventeen bias in the comment section below. Mine obviously Jeonghan. Hope you have a nice day ❤️